Episode 3: Fear

Suspicious Partner | Season 2 (Rewrite in progress)

 

fear

noun

an unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something
is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

.....

 

 

 

Somewhere outside Seoul,


She doesn't know how long she's been here. Her head is beating a low, dull throb and her wrists feel raw after trying to free them from the ropes. But her movements feel dull and slow and the ropes are too tight. Her eyes have become accustomed to the dark for they never seem to get light where they are in this windowless room. She sees the other two slumped nearby. Asleep or still drugged, she doesn't know. 

The tell-tale sound of the latch clicking warns her that he is coming. She closes her eyes and pretends to be sleeping but her heart beats furiously in panic. Please don't let him pick me, please don't... she thinks desperately.

The sounds of his footsteps echo in the large room, but along with it she hears the squeak of wheels. She risks peeking through her lashes to see him pull something along behind him. He is coming closer to where she is, so she quickly closes her eyes again and tries to slow her breathing; but, her heart is beating wildly and, all of a sudden she feels desperate for air. 

Something heavy is being lifted. She can hear him grunt a little as he moves it. Then a little shuffling sound and all is silent again.

She stays quiet and still, though her breathing still seems too loud to her. A chill runs through her body in the eerie silence.

"You are awake," that voice says and her heartbeat freezes in fear. The footsteps come closer and her heart bursts into panic.

No.... please, no...

Then the pain comes. A sharp sting in her arms. And she's falling, falling, falling into that dark nothingness...