The pasta to Chanyeol's breadstick

The Press Room

The pasta to Chanyeol's breadstick


Baekhyun was seething by the time he crawled his way over to where Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were seated. His ears were red and his mouth was shifted down into a frown. “Get off of Kyungsoo’s lap you ingrate swole,” he shrieked, pulling Chanyeol’s long legs down to the ground.

“Hey, Kyungsoo what’s an ingrate swole,” Kim Jongin, a photographer from the South Jeolla Tribune inquired.

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the side. “An ingrate is an ungrateful person and swole is the medieval version of the modern-day swear word, .”

“Oh man, Baekhyun really went the extra mile for good cuss words.”

Kyungsoo nodded. “Indeed.”

Meanwhile, Baekhyun was currently dragging Chanyeol by his legs. The latter’s camera was haphazardly slithering across the floor, his hands reached to grasp the neck strap and tug it away from its place around Baekhyun’s forearm. Chanyeol’s already profuse sweating increased as his worry for the well being of both himself and his camera broadened.

“You clearly know what happens every time you sit on Kyungsoo’s lap you grotesque cretin,” the shorter male caterwauled. “I feel so hurt and just so agonized that you would do this right in front of me—I—I-'m just appalled!”

Sehun, who was sitting on the sidelines and intently watching this entire ordeal, took another swig from his flask and shook his head in confusion. He turned to Jongin, “Did Baekhyun accidentally swallow his mom’s estrogen pills accident again?”

“Yeah probably,” Byun Insu said. This was the first time she had joined in on one of their conversations. “As far as I know, auntie takes them with her everywhere and she sometimes leaves them in his medicine cabinet on accident when she drops off food.”

It was at that time that Jongin and Sehun remembered that Byun Insu was related to Baekhyun. In fact, this was the first time that they had ever really stopped to think Oh yeah, she’s his cousin and they’re actually really close and all we do is talk about her in front of him. In a moment of revelation, Jongin and Sehun quickly looked over at each other and whispered “Oh ,” in unison.

Baekhyun, on the other hand, was now in tears. “To think that you would sit on his lap while I’m right here behind you in this room filled with people—“

“Honey I love you,” Chanyeol suddenly screamed, his eyes closed shut and arms up in the air. The neck strap of his camera was still grasped in his hand and the moment he lifted it up, it hit the floor and went clunk!

A crack formed smack dab in the middle of Chanyeol’s precious camera, but he didn’t seem to notice, let alone care. Now, Chanyeol was the type of person to treat his cameras like living, breathing babies that are fragile beyond imagining. Thus making his indifferent attitude to its current state despite his utter fear of its well being just minutes earlier, completely unusual.

“Baekie I am so sorry! I will never sit on Kyungsoo’s lap again,” Chanyeol bellowed. Though his legs were still being held down by Baekhyun—who was surprisingly strong for someone as skinny as himself—his arms remained extended towards his lover. “I love you more than anything! You are the pasta to my breadstick!”

Right then, Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol’s legs and dived down into the latter’s arms, kissing him full on the lips for the everyone in the press room to see. And for an instant, it seemed like the two of them were the only people there—until Jongdae grabbed Baekhyun by the collar of his shirt and pulled him off of his precious inamorato. Once the two were up off the floor, Jongdae let out a small "Tsk," and went on to say “If you’re gonna have on the floor do it in your kitchen—not your place of work.”

A blush crept up Baekhyun’s cheeks as he shifted closer towards Chanyeol. The latter’s elvish ears were bright red as he faked coughed into his hand and said: “Yeah, we’ll remember that.”

 

In the midst of all of the chaos, Chanyeol had let go of his camera. The neck strap was no longer in his hands but rather placed safely in Kyungsoo’s lap in an attempt to keep it from getting damaged even further. As Kyungsoo calmly snapped photos of the chaotic environment, Jongin leaned in closer to him and whispered: “Hey Kyungsoo, you wanna hook up after this?”

 

For a millisecond, Kyungsoo's upper lip shifted up approximately two centimeters and he said "Sure." 

 


sorry for the short chapter again!

--mahi