Oh honey, You never know.

M E O W
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Seungwan is sitting on the couch with podo sleeping peacefully on her lap, watching Tv while munching some snacks. She glance at the clock on the upper left near the flat screen. It’s indicating that it’s already 12 in the morning and the owner of the house still has yet to arrive. 

 

It’s already been 2 months after her drunk incident and 2 months that she agreed (had no choice but to) on becoming a ‘daddy’ to a certain white furball called Podo that belongs to probably the most beautiful person on earth that she had ever seen; named Irene aka goddess of peace (lowkey wicked).

 

Wendy had gained full access to the apartment. Irene gave her spare keys a day after the incident, weird, she knows. Coming here straight after work. Currently as a graduating postgraduate student, she's working as a contract tutor in her university. Only having class to teach on Thursday & Friday both from 8am to 3pm. For the rest of the days, her time will be dedicated on taking care of Podo thus spending time in the apartment. Wendy realized that these past 2 months, it feels like she’s already living inside Irene’s house. She spends more of her time in Irene’s apartment rather than her own.

 

Shuffling sound from the outside shifted Wendy’s attention from the tv to door. At first it sounded suspicious, her sense are fully alerted and  she was about to stand up and look for a thick material to defend herself if anything happened. But then a few seconds later, a cute sneeze can be heard and a cursed that came after that. Wendy smiled, it was Irene after all. She heaved a relief sigh and continue to sit back comfortably on the couch with a reminder that she should offer Irene a hot chocolate later.


 

“You should not watch in the middle of the night Wan-ah.” Wendy stiffens  and she froze. Surprised that there are arms circling her neck from the back and she almost died because it belongs to Irene.  They were so close Wendy picked up the smell of her lavender fragrance and very heavy alcohol. Wendy shakes her head, she has a feeling this gonna be a long night.

 

Apparently, the movie that she is watching right now are on its hot scene but it wasn’t anything like how Irene describe it.- ‘’ - No, that wasn’t it. It was just a guy hovering over the girl that he loved and they started to make out with each other. It wasn’t even a scene.

 

Before Wendy gets to react, the arms around her loosen because Irene saw her baby on Wendy’s lap. “Oh! Podo yah! I brought you a sister!”

 

Wendy doesn’t know how or what but she felt a sudden pain on her head. She felt something sharp clawing on top on her head and she doesn’t know if Irene has suddenly turned into a werewolves or something and her claw is showing. She is very scared for her life. So she stayed still.

 

“This is Kiwi!” Irene exclaimed and Wendy heard voice coming on top of her head.

“Call me mistress lowlife, kneel and my boots!” and she froze once again. She knows that it was definitely not Irene’s voice.

 

Wendy’s neck harden and suddenly she doesn’t want to turn her neck anymore.“Irene, what is it on my head?” Wendy stands up real carefully. Arms spread a bit on her side as if she was balancing herself. Trying not to disturb the unknown creature that had the potential of being a harmful predator. She turned her body to face Irene.

 

“It’s a parrot!”


“Where did you get it?”

“I found it on the balcony in a room of the club! The place was so weird they even have handcuffs and cages and sort!” Irene stated excitedly her eyes are glinting like how your mom would look like when they entered jewellery shop. 

Wendy eyes went wide after hearing that Irene might have stolen the bird from the club. And what kind of club is that anyway? Is Irene into those kinda thing? Oh god! should she be scared?

“Irene, you can’t just take the parrot from the club just like that!” Wendy exclaimed, her brows are knitted together in the middle.

“Buuuutttt, the owner Yeri said she doesn’t want this hoe anymore because Kiwi is scaring her customers!” Sad from the outburst, Irene stomps her feet like a child and began to pout while crossing her arms.

 

Wendy pinched the bridge of her nose with her eyes closed. A migraine is coming. Suddenly the ridiculous work from the university doesn’t felt that much burden anymore. She doesn’t know if she should be relieved that the owner willingly gave the parrot to Irene or she should start worrying about the presence of the parrot that will soon make a huge change in her life.

 

“Okay, Okay.. Okay fine.  Take it off my head and put it back inside the cage.” Wendy said.

 

Irene isn’t budging.The girl is still glaring at her and pouting looking like a kid who just got scolded by her parents. Oh my god she’s acting like a 5 years old! Wendy thought.

Irene let out a fiery ‘Hmmp!’ and moved her head to the left, ignoring Wendy’s request not forgetting to say a huge ‘No!’ behind.

 

Wendy who was completely stunned by the ridiculous scene that she had witness in front of her can’t help but gaped upon the situation. She was surprised that drunk Irene holds different attitude but it surprised her even more that she found it hella cute.

 

Wendy wanted to laugh at that moment but she held it in. Bae Irene is really something else. So she clears and decide to try again. Nicer this time.

“Irene sweetie, can you please take Kiwi off my head and put it back inside the cage? Hmm?”

Wendy uses the softest tone for her request and put on her best puppy eyes.

 

Ir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter