Put your filthy hands all over me

M E O W
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Beware, the longest chapter in Meow history.

 

“Perfect Pizza Delivery!”

 

Wendy puts on her best smile as the door opened, greeting her customer with bright enthusiasm. It is summer vacation and as usual the school will get a time off for about a month. However, the time off is not for Wendy because she insists on getting a part time job to increase her experience.

 

“That would be 9350 Won, Sir.”

 

“Alright, here you go.” The guy said while handing his bills. When Wendy turn her body to reach for her pouch, a little creature on her back inside a carrier catches his attention.

 

“Hey, you brought your cat along! That’s pretty cute!”

 

“Ah! Yea, Her name is Podo. Her mom is also working so no one is going to take care of her at home. As the Dad in the family I have decided to bring her along with me. Haha” although Wendy is blushing hard, the tone she voiced out is like a proud parent.

 

“Oh…” The guy nodded. There was a short pause of awkwardness before he speaks out again “Lucky Podo, you got such a fine dad.” Then he winks at the cat.

 

“Oh Sir, you haven’t seen the mom yet.” Wendy chuckled and ends it with a dreamy sigh. “Anyway, here’s your balance.”

 

“Oh, it’s okay! Take it as a tip. I enjoyed chatting with you for a bit. Sorry to take your time, you must have been busy.”

 

“Thank you, Sir. I’ll take my leave then! Enjoy the pizza!”

 

“Happy Working!” The guy said before he closed the door.

 

Reaching her motorcycle outside the gate Wendy smile when she thought of today’s customer. “That’s the 78 customer of this week all were surprised that I brought you along.” She chuckles

 

Podo jumps to the basket and lies lazily. Wendy looks at the curled up furball and podo’s little head. The sleepy head purred and sleeps in right away. Wendy chuckled as she covers podo with a tiny purple blanket and brings both of them home.

 

-

 

Ah yes the cat follows her to work everyday, inside a basket, on her bike. It was a bit frustrating initially because podo wont let her put on the little helmet she bought for her. Everytime she tried to put it on her podo will swat her hand away with the little paw.

 

“Podo yah. You need the helmet to protect your little head from getting hurt.” Wendy rubs podo’s head lovingly, if the little thing doesn’t want to she can’t force her.

 

The white furball puffed and look away, how can her dad be dumb dumb sometimes. IS CAT A HUMAN?! CAT NEED NO HELMET. AND HER FURSTYLE! THE HELMET WILL RUIN IT!

 

Too bad Wendy doesn't possess telepathy to know what the cat is thinking. Well there ain’t perfect human. Podo thought. Only perfect cat, and that's her.

 

--

 

“You are late.”

 

Wendy was startled when the door to the house is open before she can get to unlock it and open it by herself. Revealing a not impressed Irene standing with her arms crossed.

 

“Yea, sorry. I went back to my house to drop my work gear and pick up some stuff.”

 

“Doesn’t change the fact that you are late.”
 

“Oh, okay then I should just go back to my place since I am late to clean yours.”

 

“...”

 

“Podo go back to your mom. Dad is gonna go home now. See you tomorrow fluffball!”

 

“Who says you’re seeing her tomorrow or ever?” Irene rolled her eyes and gets in the house leaving Wendy speechless at the door.

 

If anyone who doesn’t know Irene they would have thought that the girl is mad and shouldn’t be messed with by the dark aura seeps out from her.

 

Well, they are not wrong. It's true that she is mad. However for Wendy, after ‘living’ with the Irene for about 5 months now she had gotten used to Irene’s grumpy antics.

 

Looks like she’s in a bad mood. She thought and proceed to enter the house.

 

Wendy found Irene cleaning in the kitchen. The girl is not aware of Wendy’s existence and had her back on her while cleaning the kitchen counter.

 

And God, what a view.

 

Hair tied up in a high ponytail showing away the sweats that is glistening on her neck. That revealing tank top that shows up her milky skin and running shorts that is so tempting making Wendy horses excited all of a sudden.

 

“Are you just gonna stand there and watch me?”

 

Wendy doesn’t realize that she’s been staring that long. Irene took away all of her sense.

 

Detaching herself from the door she was leaning on just now Wendy walked over to Irene with her arms still crossed. Eyes never leaving the latter and Wendy is wearing the same smile she had when she was staring just now.

 

Irene who was obviously confused by the younger movement trying to keep herself calm and see what the girl have in mind but it was so hard to calm down when Wendy close their distance til they’re just inch apart. Holding that look towards Irene with her eyes that speaks of something Irene cannot explain. But it was nothing less than beautiful.

 

Irene wanted to ask what is she doing, but her words is cut short by her own breath. Wendy took it all away.

 

“You.”

 

A frown appeared on Irene’s forehead seemingly confused of the younger girl’s word.

 

“What about me?” Irene eyebrow perks up, confused.

 

“You said that.”

 

“Said what?”

 

“That I’m going to see Podo tomorrow or the day after and so on.”

 

Getting the topic Irene can only scoff at the latter.

 

“I’m the dad and you’re the mom remember? We are raising a cat together. So, technically you allow me to see my child whether tomorrow or forever. ”

 

Hearing that Irene's face is starting to get red and one of her hand is clutching on the fabric that covers Wendy's chests. She grip it tightly or else she’s gonna fall because Wendy makes her knees all weak. But when their face is this close and Wendy's gaze is this strong Irene battled between pushing her over or pulling her in.

 

When Wendy retracted from the position Irene is not sure what is it that she’s feeling. For a second, she felt, loss, like she wanted more.

 

What the hell is wrong with me.

 

-

 

A heavy sighed was heard. Irene slumps her back against the sofa cushion letting out her tiredness to take over.

 

Wendy who was not that far from Irene smiled when she saw the girl splattered on the sofa. Her kind heart clenched as she thought that Irene must’ve been tired from all the work. She guessed that things are not that good in the office today because Irene is not being her complete self throughout their cleaning session.

 

Although Wendy tried her best to cheer up the latter, she can see that something is holding Irene back. Like Irene is restraining herself from smiling or got carried away by her jokes . It’s being bothering Wendy. She hope that Irene would tell her her problems because Wendy would gladly lend her ear or do anything to ease Irene’s pain.

 

Wendy sighed and gave the ceiling fan finishing wipe before she go down the ladder. Putting all the cleaning tools away, Wendy smiled in satisfaction feeling proud of their work because the house feels a lot more fresh and cozier now.

 

Looking around her eyes set back to the girl who’s currently laying with her eyes closed on the sofa. Is she sleeping? Wendy thought.

 

“Irene?” Wendy called out. She was replied with a soft hum after that. So Irene is not sleeping after all. Wendy smiled. Even her hum is cute. She thought.

 

Wendy then make her move to the sofa. She put her left hand on the headrest so it can support her while she hover over the latter and her right hand remove the hand that was covering Irene’s eyes.

 

“I’m gonna settle our dinner. What do you feel like having tonight?” Wendy said in such a careful manner like dealing with a baby.

 

Irene breath hitched because of that. She did not expect to see Wendy to be on top of her all of a sudden. Her heart is not ready.

 

Moreover, her mind is thinking about Wendy all along after the kitchen encounter just now. She can barely think about anything else. Not when Wendy is adamant in making her laugh. Not when Wendy was throwing out her what Seulgi called lame jokes. Irene hated herself for that because she always finds it funny. Wendy's jokes is just like her dad’s. Irene love her dad’s jokes.

 

(But Irene, Wendy is daddy right?)

 

“Daddy?” Irene paused for a second and Wendy's surprised face is all that she sees.

That’s when her face turned bright red. She realise that she said it out loud when she was supposed to keep it by herself.

 

“Ah! No! That's not it. That's uhh” Irene scrambles on the couch, eyes eagerly shut and hands covering her blush. Her mind went overdrive and she don't know how to cover that up. At time like this she hated the author.

 

Damn you, author-nim.

 

“Pfft puahahaha!” Wendy's voice resonates in the apartment. Irene who had her eyes covered with both of her hands, opens a tiny gap between her fingers to peek at the woman in front of her.

 

Wendy is laughing her heart out. Clutching her stomach as she rest her back and sit on the free spot besides Irene's legs. She appears to be tearing up from laughing too much.

 

Ughh kill me! Let me just die!! Irene cried in her mind. She hope to be buried deep down in the ground and never resurface again. Tsk.

 

“I’m gonna go shower.” Irene hurried to get up, wanting to escape from the embarrassment. She mumbles the words but it was clear enough for Wendy to hear.

 

“Ah! haha wait.” Wendy stop Irene from getting off the couch. Then she takes a deep breath to calm herself down. Tho she still giggle a little.

 

“What do you want to eat?” Wendy is back being the caring Wendy. Asking Irene about dinner with that signature smile of hers.

 

Gazing straight to her heart, Irene feels like cupid didn't use an arrow to shoot her, that stupid baby probably use all of the arrow in one go. Cus that's how heavy she feels right now, that's how pierced she feels right now.

 

Heaving a defeated sigh, Irene replies with “Anything, i love whatever you make anyway.”

Didn't dare to make an eye contact, Irene lower her head and moving to get up. That's when she heard.

 

“Okay, Mommy.”

 

Let’s just say, Wendy’s left arm is now bruised but her heart is soaring out to her muse.

 

-

 

Sweet aroma engulfing the house. The smell of butter and stir-fry onions followed by the sizzling sound of eggs poured in the pan making the room feels extra roomie.

 

It was 6 in the evening and Wendy is busy preparing Omurice for tonight's dinner.

It was one of Irene's favourite. After all that happened today Wendy has this urge to please the owner of the house.

 

It never left her mind. The image of Irene being under her, all red and flustered moreover calling her daddy. It flashed in her mind every time she tried to forget. Stirring up her hormones the more she think of it.

 

But she managed to endure. She laughed it off to hide her heart and think of it as just a silly mistake. Irene was probably half asleep at that time, she meant nothing. It was nothing, right?

 

"Wendy."

 

Chop!

 

"Ow!"

 

Blood drips out of her forefinger. Startled by the voice, Wendy made a careless mistake when she was chopping the tomato.

 

Irene panics and gushed straight to her side. "Oh my god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to surprised you. Let me have a look at it."

 

"No, it wasn’t your fault. Don’t worry, It's just a small cut. Band-aid will work on its magic." Wendy reassure while washing the wound at the kitchen sink.

 

"Let me see." Irene snatched Wendy's injured hand after she finish washing it and had a look at the wounded finger.

 

The girl was muttering something under her breath while inspecting the wounds but Wendy can barely hear it. Slowly, everything feels like they're being by the air and all Wendy can do is to look at Irene's worried face.

 

Irene let go of her hand and went out of the kitchen. When the contact is lost, Wendy felt somehow different. It was cold.

 

A minute later Irene came back bringing a band-aid and antiseptic in hand and she took Wendy’s hand again. The moment their skin touched, it’s like all of the receptors in her body come alive. They responded to the soft skin that’s touching her, sending signals to her heart making it beats much faster than normal. All the cells in her is vibrating and warming up. Then all of a sudden, it doesn’t feel cold anymore.

 

“There. All done.” Irene said after she's done patching the wound. Her eyes glistened with satisfaction and Wendy smiled at the sight of it.

 

“Oh, one last step.” Wendy watches it in slow motion as Irene lifted her wounded finger and puts it on top of her pursed lips. “There. Now it will heal faster.” Irene said ending it with a chuckle.

 

That was the moment. It was as if something overtook her body. That Wendy brings her unwounded hand to cup on Irene’s face while she leans in closer and they are only one breath away.

 

Everything was too fast for Irene to react. Before she know it, she was already captivated by Wendy’s eyes. The gaze that is too strong for her conscience to defeat that she felt frozen on her feet. It was like being under a spell. Her body unconsciously surrendered when she felt Wendy pulling her closer. So close that she can feel Wendy’s breath on top of her lips. Closer until-

 

“Meow~” Irene jumped on her feet when she felt a familiar fur grazing on her leg. Podo probably came to the kitchen for food since it was time to eat.

 

Both so called parents are rooted on the ground. Both quickly retracted to the original position before their, um, close encounter. Their face are red after they realized what was about to happen if Podo did not came in the picture just know.

 

They almost kiss.

 

Knowing that, both were avoiding eye contact. Just like teenagers in love they were fidgeting on their ground.

 

“Meow~” The little creature call again urging her master to give what it wants.

 

Wendy broke the silence between them by clearing . “I-i think it’s time for dinner.. Um, it’s all ready. I-i made your favourite omurice today.” Wendy said while she open the food covers that covered the food she made on the dining table. “Ah! I forgot the side dishes.” Wendy finally remembered the tomato that she was working on just now.

 

“It’s okay. I’ll do that. Can you feed Podo while I finish it?” Irene asked constantly lowering her head. Both are still embarrassed to make an eye contact.

 

“Yeah. Sure.”

 

Then after that dinner was awkwardly quiet.

 

-

 

It’s 12am and Wendy cannot sleep.

 

Constantly turning and tossing around her bed, she tried closing her eyes to sleep but shutting it would only make it worse. The almost kissing scene of her and Irene flashed in her mind every time she shut her lids. She couldn’t sleep after that, how could she.

 

Wendy know this is coming. She know that she’s getting attached too much to the weird yet sweet owner of the house. She knows that the moment she took that offer of being a parent to her cat, she’s already screwed. She knows that the moment she felt that butterflies in her stomach for everytime she sees Irene face, she knows she has already fallen.

 

Thinking back, her world revolves around Irene now. Staying in her house, have meals together, go shopping together, argued together, do plans together they do almost everything together and it’s weird for Wendy when she go back to her own apartment. It doesn’t feel good anymore, it’s not the same as staying at Irene’s, it doesn’t feel like... like home.

 

Wendy groaned in frustration as her mind won’t stop thinking about it. She have to do something, she have to talk to Irene about this. After that maybe she can breathe better, maybe she can sleep better.

 

Kicking the comforter off her body, with great determination Wendy get off the bed and went straight to Irene’s room.

 

-

 

And here she is. In front of Irene's door. Thinking and deciding is easy but when it comes to doing it? Wendy starts to have cold feet.

 

Is this a great idea? Should she head back? Wendy start to hesitate with the choice she made.

 

Arrggh! No, she have to sort out things with Irene. It’s not her style to wait, she should just go for it.

 

Alright! Wendy Son, you can do this. All you need to do is to open the damn door.

 

Nice and easy…

 

Careful steps were taken, careful moves were execute. Finally turning the door knob, Wendy pushed the door open. Slowly that it creak a little bit as it move.

 

She let her head enter first, stretching out her neck as her body stick on the door frame. Peeking to see if Irene is asleep.

 

As she can see the room is the dark. She thought Irene was asleep but she was wrong when Irene called out her name.

 

“Wendy?” The bed lamp is . Her voice sounded soft but it still managed to startle Wendy.

 

“Ah, yea.” Wendy let herself in. “Can I talk to you?” she said while scratching her temple.

 

There was a pause in the air so Wendy continued. “B-but if you are tired then I’m not gonna bother you. I’m sorry. I should head back. Goodnight, Irene.” Wendy said as if regretting the choice she made and turn to walk out of the room. However, the sound of Irene’s laugh made her stop.

 

“Come here, silly.” Irene patted the space next to her on bed. Gesturing Wendy to come and sit on it.

 

Wendy have been inside Irene room so many times but this time it felt oddly different. She’s nervous just by the thought of sitting together on Irene’s bed. She hope she won’t do anything stupid like what she did in the kitchen today.

 

The bed shifted when she climb on it. Mimicking Irene’s position; she hugged her knees. The only difference is that Irene had her legs under the blanket while Wendy sits on top of it.

 

Both of them are sitting quietly next to each other. Took them a while to start talking.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter