where they meet

The War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
two;

 

If there's any conclusion to draw from the 'nursing' Asami had tried to do on the injured male, it's that she's not - by any means - a medical professional. 

The largest cuts present on his thigh and stomach are cleaned, messily stitched up (thanks to the internet that guided her through the process), and tautly bandaged along with the various other minor lacerations he bears on his body. The uneven breathing pattern he exhibits is, in her opinion, due to a broken rib or two, so she makes it a point to wrap gauze tightly around his chest to limit his movement just in case that happens to be the reality.

There's no other visible problems she can find upon his close-to- body. She refuses to remove his underwear because she's positive that's ual harassment and it's an embarassing encounter to even imagine. Thus, that region of his body is left unchecked, although she fears she could be missing a vital injury due to her reluctance.

Still, she's proud of what she's done for him so far. The idea of sending him to a hospital where he can get real help in case of internal bleeding has crossed her mind more than enough times, but never once has she done anything but ponder it. Besides, it's not like Asami had completely screwed anything up. The bleeding has stopped, or at least slowed, and the crease in his brow has considerably calmed. 

That's all she can do until he wakes up and informs her of any other problems, so she pulls her blanket over his bare body and secures it into his sides. Once she takes a peek at his sleeping face, she allows herself a moment of contemplation as she examines his features. It's not that she's enamored by his admittedly attractive appearance, in fact at this moment he isn't all that appealing with the multiple bandages across his cheeks and forehead. Rather, she's perplexed by the sudden longing she feels around him.

It's been some time since she's come to terms with the fact that he is confirmed to be a stranger, but she fails to be 100% sure. There should be no reason for her to want to help him so much. She always considered herself to be a kind person at heart and the lengths she's gone for this boy have far exceeded her limit, so why? One of her hands moves on its own and brushes stray hairs away from his face and she softens upon watching his expression brighten very slightly.

"Who are you?" she whispers to him, although she knows it falls on deaf ears.

Asami blows a breath out of her lips to clear her head and looks away from the boy, glancing cautiously at the ball she'd found in his jacket's pocket. It's odd that someone assumedly her age is carrying around something like that, but she isn't one to judge. Especially because the ball is made of some type of glass and - she prods it with a finger - is still warm to the touch even after being left alone for hours.

The loud beeping of her dryer informs her that his clothes are finished and she retrieves them quickly, all previous thoughts shoved aside. It occurs to her that he'd feel extremely uncomfortable if he woke up practically bare, so she puts his shirt and pants back on as carefully as she can manage before hanging his jacket on a nearby chair.

This boy is trouble, she knows that all too well. No regular person would be on the streets looking that beat up if they weren't. In spite of it all, that thought doesn't stop her stare from lingering on his form until the door physically blocks her sight, nor the desire to stay by his side a little bit longer.

--

Baekhyun wakes up with a pounding...well, a pounding everything.

He vaguely recalls defending himself against a group of men - all of whom were by far stronger than him in his current state and had the drive of bloodlust motivating them. There was no question of who sent them, seeing as how they wouldn't shut up about his orb. They aren't the first group to have their hand at retrieving him and he is sure they won't be the last. Regardless, even being weak as he was, the light wielder refused to give himself up so easily.

Unfortunately for him, this particular case of stubbornness landed him with multiple injuries and an inability to figure out where the he is. Gingerly, he sits up - cringing when the bed squeaks under his weight - to assess the situation.

The room he examines before him is plain and smells nothing like the antiseptics of a hospital. Inwardly, he thanks his savior for having the sense not to lock him in a place he'd be watched over 24/7. Yet another part of him is displeased with the fact that now he's stuck in this situation with someone he can't possibly offer honest explanations to. He deduces based on the little trinkets and picture frames that it's a girl who'd found him.

Baekhyun panics when he realizes his jacket isn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter