Lunchtime Romance

Playing Cupid

It is currently lunch time and everyone is at their battle positions, meaning they're seated properly on the dining table ready to initiate their own plans and partially to fight for their food also. It's hard to live in a dorm full of seven hungry guys, you know. Mark and Jaebum were the most excited ones, secretly wearing devious smirks under their external innocent facades.

Usually, Jaebum and Jinyoung stay at both ends of the table, Mark, Jackson and Youngjae sit on the right side of the table respectively while Yugyeom and Bambam on the left. But this time around, Mark felt that Youngjae should stay on the other side because it's closer to the refridgerator. Mark tried to be discreet about it but everybody knows it's all part of his plan.

While seated, Jaebum winked at Jackson as if saying to him 'You know what to do.' The younger took a big gulp, nervous of what might happen during lunch. Mostly because he might make a fool of himself in front of his crush.

Jinyoung puts down the food in the middle of the table and invites everyone to get some with a motherly smile across his face, still wearing his pink apron from cooking. As promised the food consist of Jackson's favourite dimsums and a bunch of other Korean dishes to be paired with rice that Jinyoung learned how to make from his own mother.

At one point during the time everyone was simultaneously getting the food they wanted, Bambam couldn't reach this kimchi he wanted to eat. Mark was the only person to see Bambam's struggles and thought of it as the perfect time to commence Operation: JackBam4Lyf. The title was a working progress.

"Aw, hyung~ I was going to get that." Bambam whined to Mark for getting the last piece of kimchi he so desperately wanted. In return, the elder smirked slightly.

"Hey, I got it first so it's mine now. Look at Jackson's plate, he got most of it. Why don't you ask him to feed you?" Mark cleverly reasoned and watched as his plan unfolds slowly. The oldest knew Jackson all too well to accurately guess the hong kong native's next action.

"Oh, you want one? Here." Jackson, oblivious to Mark's plans, picked up a piece of kimchi from his own plate and tried to feed it to Bambam. Feeding each other is the norm in the dorms but apparently, it's a different story now.

Mark was keeping that mischievous smirk in his face as he challenged Jaebum with his eyes. Jaebum scoffed at Jackson's poor judgement and tried to catch his attention by coughing really loudly, "/EHEM/ idiot jackson /EHEM/"

Mark - 1 : JB - 0

"It's just simply delicious! Right Bambam?" Mark said, obviously trying to annoy the leader for not being on his side. Jackson realizing what he's done tried to counter his actions with a suave move.

"It's nice and all but you should really try these instead, my dimsum." Jackson smiled sweetly and turned to his dimsum, Mark. All the while picking up a dimsum with his chopstick and feeding it to the elder, getting dangerously close to his face.

To say that Mark was stunned is a bit of an understatement. He was totally dumbfounded. I guess he had expected this as they were bestfriends but not now when he was helping him match with Bambam. He had no choice but to accept the food because if not, everyone would think that something was wrong.

"Thanks, Mandu." Mark shyly thanked his bestfriend. Although he says that he's used to Jackson's constant teasing and unserious flirting, deep down inside he likes their little exchange but he knows himself that it's only purely platonic.

Mark sees Jaebum at the corner of his eye clapping and laughing in silence while watching at the pair's direction. Several questions bombarded Mark's brain like 'What is going on? What is he planning to do?'

Mark - 1 : JB - 1

After the main course, it's time to move on to the final course. Everyone helped in clearing the table while Jinyoung was getting the food for their dessert. The mother of the group came back with little forks and plates and put a bowl of fresh strawberries in the middle. Of course, not forgetting the can of whipped cream.

The kids raced to get the most strawberries and who gets to use the can first but Jaebum scolded them before anyone got the chance. The leader stood up and grabbed strawberries and even used the can of whipped cream first. Afterwards he gave it to his loving boyfriend, Jinyoung.

"Thank you for the wonderful lunch, babe." Jinyoung blushed at Jaebum's words while the other members awed in chorus. It's not rare to have moments like these but Jinyoung still feels the bubbles and butterflies in his stomach and the blood rushing to his cheeks every single time.

Jackson was the most affected by the couple, oh how he wanted a love like that. His eyes unintentionally moved to the person he longs for the most and how he looked so cute picking out the littlest strawberries. Mark didn't seem to notice Jackson staring at him at all.

While the others were still staring at the pair fondly, Mark had decided to take advantage of the situation and quickly grabbed the can of whipped cream. He swiftly put swirled whipped cream on top of his strawberries and smiled like a kid before passing it to his bestfriend, taking Jackson out of his trance. The younger was surprised but appreciative nonetheless.

Mark was now starting to eat his mini masterpieces when some cream stuck to the side of his mouth. He searched nearby for a towel or a tissue but to no avail. Jackson saw this and unconsciously held the older's cheek while wiping the cream with his thumb. Both were staring into each other's eyes as if asking a question only they knew the answers to.

"Hey, if both of you don't stop staring at each other, one of you will melt eventually." Yugyeom, being the giant maknae, teased his hyungs while the rest of the group joined in his snickers. Mark and Jackson hurriedly sat straight up and turned to their opposite sides, both red in embarrassment.

Mark - 1 : JB - 2

It was only a matter of time before everyone heads out to their own rooms to do their own things. Mark thinks he hasn't done enough for his operation. In an attempt at redemption, he tries to spark up a conversation while everyone else was eating dessert.

"I heard there's gonna be a new mall a few blocks away," With the mention of the word mall, Bambam enthusiastically joins the conversation.

"Oh my god, I know! I'm visiting the mall this weekend with Yugyeom. We'll be checking the stores out. Right Gyeom?" Bambam stated cheerfully but that happiness didn't last for long. Mark looked expectantly at Yugyeom, this could be the perfect oppurtunity for phase one of their plans to end successfully.

"Ah, I was going to tell you that I can't go with you because I already made plans with Youngjae. I'm sorry." Yugyeom can't look at Bambam in the eye as he was saying this. He felt bad for lying to his best friend but he knows it had to be done.

Bambam looked so dejected that he wanted to go away and lock himself in his room. He knew it was childish so he decided against it. The other members wanted to cheer him up but they couldn't have said anything as they also had different plans of their own.

"Bam, you know what, I can skip dance lessons. If you want, I can go with you." Jackson broke the silence and suggested to accompany the younger to the mall. Bambam was delighted upon hearing this and it was like the silence a few seconds ago didn't even happen.

"Really, hyung?! Thank you so much!" Bambam suddenly hugged Jackson in overwhelming happiness.

Mark - 2 : JB - 2

The two started a conversation of their own and Mark thought that his work was done. Operation: JackBam4Lyf was so far a huge success. He seriously needs to think of a new name for this operation.

Mark stood up and put his dirty plates in the kitchen sink. He walked towards his shared room with Jackson but there was a banana peel near the back of Bambam's chair and he slipped. 'I thought this only happened in cartoons,' were the words that echoed through Mark's mind as he was falling backwards.

He felt everything turn into slow motion, he saw how the other members panicked and jumped from their seats. Just as he was about to fall into his impending doom, he felt a pair of arms hugging him, supporting him from behind. He looked into the eyes of his savior; it just had to be Jackson once again.

At that moment, Jaebum whistles and smiles triumphantly. It seems that he had 100% accuracy in his love archery. This cupid game was just a silly match of tic tac toe for Got7's great leader, Im Jaebum.

 

Mark - 2 : JB - ∞

•••