Jaebum & Bambam ship MarkSon while Youngjae & Yugyeom were forced to ship JackBam

Playing Cupid
Somewhere hidden inside JB is a competitive monster that won't accept losses to absolutely anyone. Well, maybe it was vulnerable to Jinyoung's pleading two or three times-- okay, a lot of times but that's beside the point. The point is Im Jaebum, whenever set on a task wherein there's an opposing party involved, always wins.

JB first noticed Jackson's admiration on their visual during the GGG era and Mark had ridiculous red hair. At first, he was like, "so they're both foreigners and they've been hanging out together since pre-debut so I guess they're the perfect best friends." But he couldn't be more wrong. As the A era approached, MarkSon became a solid thing as they both shipped themselves-- which is completely stupid by the way according to Jaebum but it was good fanservice he thought.

Jaebum didn't mind such things as long as it doesn't affect their performance and no one gets hurt but today was different. Jackson is currently sulking, JB assumes, in his room and left with nothing to do. Looking back at all their times together, Mark and Jackson weren't just the perfect best friends but also the perfect couple. No one understands this more than JB because the leader is supposed to keep a close eye at its members at all times. Jackson was on the right track, he just needed a little more push and they need to make Mark realize his true feelings.

"Challenge accepted." The leader murmured to himself with a smirk on his face as he dragged Jinyoung to Jackson's room to console him.

Meanwhile back in the living room, Mark is sprawled on the floor as he busies himself with thinking of ideas to let the JackBam ship sail. First, he walked back and forth to brainstorm, then he opened the tv and flipped through channels to pick up some inspiration, when he gave up on that he made a disgruntled sound before dropping on the floor finally giving up on everything. Unkowingly, he woke up the sleeping beauty of their dorm, Choi Youngjae.

"Ah, hyuuunnggg, why are you so loud?!" The sleepy boy yelled from his shared room with the leader, definitely proving he's the powerful vocal. He begrudgingly opened the door and stomped his way to the living room with a big frown on his face like an annoyed child.

"Yah, were you screaming at me?" Mark wasn't afraid at all from their vocal's shouts. If there's anything he enjoyed from the sudden traditional change here in Korea, it's that seniority is much more valued than in the States. Youngjae huffed before sitting down the couch and opening the tv to watch Pororo, still upset at the elder. Suddenly, Mark conjured up a brilliant idea.

"Uh, Youngjae-ah~ I'm sorry about waking you up." Mark said with a little aegyo as he sat beside the younger member. He knew the squishy Youngjae couldn't stay mad for long. When everything was cleared up, Mark announced his true intentions.

"Would you mind helping your hyung out? I swear it's gonna be so fun. Like come on, man~" Mark appealed to the vocal, subtly switching that last sentence to English so the other would be intruiged. Youngjae always had this kind of respect for Mark, not only because he's the oldest but also because in Mark's spare time, he teaches Youngjae some basic English. What better way to repay him than do some small favours, right?

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Jackson, I know you're sad but it doesn't have to be this way." Jaebum patted Jackson's back as a way of consoling him while the guy was practically lying dead on his bed. He couldn't bear seeing their super energetic member sulking like this.

"Thanks for comforting me but I think it's time to give up." Jackson shot up from his lying position to sit down and slump over to emphasize his sadness and retreat from love. It was of no use anyway to squeeze himself into someone else's heart. Jackson knows himself that he's just having one of his delusions of grandeur.

"No! Just think about it. You've liked Mark from the shadows for so long and now's the time to finally attack." Jaebum tried to encourage the younger, he will not allow this love to fail. He understands what Jackson must feel right now but it's not too late to do something about it. The leader, though he won't say it out loud, is actually always sincerely worried about s and somehow he wants to help.

"I don't know what I'm going to do, hyung! I've never felt like this to anyone before." Jackson was still unsure on what to think of all this. Jaebum along with Jinyoung just came barging in the room and suddenly asked him about his love life. Any normal person would be dumbfounded as well. Truthfully, Jackson had some experiences on love but this time around was different. This time it's with a guy and his best friend, no less.

"Okay, first things first..." JB earnestly tried to think of ways to salvage the situation. He didn't have to do these things before. With Jinyoung it's just like they comprehend each other with such depth that no words can explain their love. From the beginning it has always been like that and Jaebum can't ever be thankful enough to the heavens for giving him such love. The leader's train of thought was suddenly cut by the obnoxious Jackson's stupid jokes.

"I'm the realest, drop this and let the whole world feel it, hey woo hoo!" Jackson sang to Iggy Azalea's Fancy with power followed by a string of his signature hyena laughs. In that one moment, Jaebum knew that Jackson wasn't as nervous or scared as before, he had finally lighten up. But Jackson has to get serious now.

"Jackson, focus. First you have to let him be conscious of you. Make him feel flustered with your every move so that he'll notice you." Jaebum tried to convey with much diction as he looked at Jackson straight in the eyes. His words made Jackson a little embarrassed to be honest.

"Uhh, sure. I think I can do that." Jackson blushed at the stupid things he'll have to do in ordet to get Mark's attention. It's time to bring the A-game, he thought.

"As much as possible give all your attention to him. But not too much, you know what I'm saying? Leave him craving for you to be by his side." Jaebum was really feeling the whole love guru thing and it was starting to make Jackson a little nervous.

"Why don't you just come out clean and confess directly to him?" Jinyoung blurted out his own thoughts, not in agreement with Jaebums methods. He thinks that important things like this should be said straightforwardly.

Both Jaebum and Jackson looked at Jinyoung like he had suddenly grown three heads. If two of them were to be a meme it will surely be the gif where it says, 'That's not how it works! That's not how any if this works!' Jinyoung rolled his eyes and sighed in response.

"I'll make sure you and Mark get together if you just follow me, Jacks." Jaebum assured the younger, shrugging off his boyfriend's earlier suggestion.

"Your advice seems swell and all but I'm not even sure if he likes me back." There was a hint of hesitation and insecurity in Jackson's tone. All of Jaebum and Jackson's efforts would be in vain if Mark didn't reciprocate his feelings.

"Just trust me, Jackson." Jaebum smiled at the Hong Kong native which earned a toothy grin by the other. They stared each other stupidly like that for a while until Jinyoung interrupted their little exchange.

"Ugh, you're not even listening to me anyway." Jinyoung said exasperatedly, obviously annoyed, but reverted back to being motherly once he caught sight of Jackson's excitement. He turned to his lover and warned him, "Just make sure my babies don't get hurt, you hear me Im Jaebum."

"Everything will be all right, dear." Jinyoung turned to Jackson to hug him. Jinyoung himself is worried about the outcome of the events but he trusts Jaebum to get them through it together as one unit.

"But I'm your hyung-" Jackson tried to counter but Jinyoung shut him up immediately, "Shush. I'm your mother!"

Laughter exploded inside the room before Jinyoung excused himself to make lunch, "Jacksonnie, to cheer you up, I'll be making your favorite dimsums!"

Jackson cheered in delight while Jinyoung and Jaebum stared at him with awe. All their worries vanquished somehow as they looked at Jackson's happy state, they thought everything will be fine. It's as if the pair had come to an agreement that they were wonderful parents. As Jr. went out of the room, JB guided him to the door and kissed him goodbye.

"Ew, I didn't have to see that." Jackson cringed at the JJ Project duo or their self-proclaimed Mama and Papa. When Jinyoung was out of sight, Jaebum tackled him on the bed for his snarky comment.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Mark and Youngjae were still in the living room but this time it has been set up like a military battlefield. The pillows were stacked up like a fort and Mark had brought a whiteboard in front of the tv filled with senseless writings of what seemed like battle strategies.

"Youngjae, any ideas?" After explaining the JackBam situation and how risky it would be for on-screen romances, they had to think of a way for them to be closer.

"Hmm, I think we should leave them together so they could have quality time and be aware of each other's feelings." Youngjae suggested, adding that it should be at a place where Jackson and Bambam could share interests.

"That's a brilliant idea!" Mark high-fived Youngjae and discussed with him some more about the possible venues.

Jinyoung walked by the living room and noticed all the mess they've created, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, just devising a plan so Jackson and Bambam can get together, Eomma." Youngjae, being the obedient kid he is, instantly gave away information to Jinyoung. He really treats Jinyoung and Jaebum like his parents because when he was just new, they took him under their wings immediately.

"Youngjae, oh my god. You don't report everything to Jinyoung." Mark scolded the younger but he already knows what's his defense is.

"But he's the mother of the group." Youngjae defended. If there's anyone more like JJ Project's real son, it's Youngjae. His name even sounds like it came from the pair, Jinyoung and Jaebum.

"Yes, good job my little Jaejae." Jinyoung smiled at Youngjae showing the crinkles by his eyes. Youngjae proudly smiled thinking he had done a good deed.

"Ah but I guess JB told you already, right? So are you with us or not?" Mark recalled his conversation with the leader earlier and remembered something about talking to Jinyoung about it.

"I won't be involved in any of your shenanigans. JB is with Jackson right now so I don't know about him. But we won't stop you from doing what you want. Just don't harm anyone, okay?" Jinyoung replied warmly. A mother doesn't take sides with her children.

"Yes, eommoni." Mark sarcastically replied, a little shocked that Jinyoung actually believes that he might hurt anybody.

"Uh huh, I'm going to make lunch. I'll call you when it's done." Jinyoung left them alone to cook food for later Mark and Youngjae continued their discussion about where JackBam's first date could take place. A dance exhibition? Or at a theatre, maybe? Everything is not for certain. They just couldn't decide on what mood they were going to create between those two.

"We're home!" Yugyeom shouted on the front door to make everyone aware of their presence. Bambam was still busy taking off his shoes and properly stash them away so that it doesn't get scratched or anything, those shoes were Saint Laurent.

"Oh, you're home!" Mark was looking at Bambam in an unusually happy way. Bambam was, as expected, weirded out by all this since he had no idea of what's going on.

JB also came to greet them and stepped forward to give them both hugs then continued to whisper on Bambam's ear, "We need to talk as soon as possible. Go to Jackson and Mark's room."

Yugyeom was the first to go, followed by Bambam, into their shared room to get changed before lunch comes. They noticed the elders' odd behaviour and wondered if something happened.

"Why are the hyungs acting weird today? Did something happen?" Bambam voiced out his concerns, hoping it's not something grave.

"Yeah, I don't know, I'll go talk to Mark hyung." Yugyeom replied, searching for a clean shirt in his closet.

"And I'll talk to JB hyung since he asked for me anyway." Bambam said before going into the bathroom in Jinyoung's single room to freshen up.

 

---------------------------------------

 

After that whole greeting fiasco on the front door with the maknaes, Mark went up to JB.

"Hey so will you be helping me? I've got Youngjae on my side too." Mark asked the leader, proud about how he got another team member already.

"I'm sorry, Mark but I don't agree with you. I'm helping Jackson out with something else." Jaebum apologized, not really, for he had something else in mind.

"I don't know what you mean. I'm already helping Jackson by doing this." Mark was inevitably confused, a lot of questions running through his mind. Aren't I already doing what's best for Jackson by hooking him up with Bambam? What more could he possibly need?

"You'll see soon." Jaebum smirked at Mark as if he knew the questions that were troubling the elder. Let's see which one's cupid arrow will work, he thought.


---------------------------------------

 

"So what's up, hyung?" Bambam asked as soon as he walked into the room. He noticed that JB and Jackson seemed to be planning something very important.

"See, we're conspiring against Mark. He seems to ship you and Jackson." Jaebum explained to Bambam slowly, not sure how he'll take it.

"What?! No offense to you, Jackson hyung but I thought you and Mark hyung were a thing. There's a MarkSon Show for God's sake." The Bambam Volcano downright erupted. He can't believe what was happening right now.

"Yeah so you'll be with us, right? Play along later with what Mark says during lunch." Jaebum understood what Bambam was saying and immediately gave him orders for his little plan at the dining room.

"Aye aye, captain!" Bambam saluted to the leader and winked to Jackson, "You'll get him for sure."

"Yah, since when are you so cheeky!" Jackson smacked the Thai boy. Sometimes he just won't act like his age.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Yugyeom, it's for the greater good, you know. Your bestfriend will be as happiest as he will ever be after this plan." Mark tried to be convincing as possible to get Yugyeom to join them.

"Yep, that's right." Youngjae agreed, he believes that Jackson and Bambam's more often than not immature behavior were compatible with each other.

"Fine, I'll join you Mark-hyung." Yugyeom agreed too, though it hurt him a little. He just wants Bambam to be happy even if it's not with him.

"BOYS, IT'S LUNCH TIME!" Jinyoung shouted from the dining room, he was still setting up the plates and utensils.

Mark and Jaebum simultaneously thought, 'Let the games begin!'