Time For Change

Even If I Die, I Can't Let You Go

 

-IU’s POV-

As I walked out of the karaoke room, I was ambushed by my friends. WooYoung promptly bowed and left. My friends immediately crowded around me and congratulated me on the progress made on our assignment. Baekhee informed me that she was bringing me shopping.

“Wait… what for?” I asked her.

“To get you a whole new wardrobe of course. Don’t worry. We’ve worked out enough money between us to buy you a couple of cute clothes.” Sara said, firmly holding my shoulder.

“Thank you guys… I really appreciate it.” I said to my friends.

“Of course you should appreciate us. And with your hot new bod, you should be able to snag yourself a boyfriend-“ Baekhee said.

“And get those jerks to shut up!” The rest of my 3 friends finished her sentence.

I just stood there, smiling at them. Baekhee, Sara and Hyunnie. What would I do without them?

-Baekhee’s POV-

As a best friend, I took IU to the side, when we were alone.

“Do you like WooYoung? Answer me honestly.” I looked at her straight in the eye, so I’d know if she was lying.

IU squirmed in my grip.

“Why are you asking me silly questions all of a sudden?” IU asked me INNOCENTLY. I knew there was no innocence here.

“Tell. Me. The. Truth. And. Nothing. But. The. Whole. Truth.” I told her. IU sighs and told me what I suspected.

“Yes. I think he is nice. And he is really different when you get to know him a little better. He is not as cold as everyone thinks he is.” IU told me softly.

I could jump for joy. Here, my bestie falls for the popular guy… and I know there is going to be a happy ending to this. I can feel it. ^^

I just can.

-Nobody’s POV-

IU and her friends finally emerge from the shop, victorious with their various clothes wear that they hope will shut those bullies up. IU was once verging on the healthy, chubbier side. But now, she is slimmer and fits a size 6 with her 170cm frame. She looked drop dead gorgeous in her new clothes, instead of the old baggy clothes she always wore.

A new day begun and IU walked into school. Many students glanced at her as she passed, whispering to each other. Guys gave her the once over, twice over and even thrice over!

Tiffany heard the rumours that were going around the school.

“There is a new girl in our grade? And she is really pretty? Let’s get her to join us before our popularity ranking falls.” Tiffany said, smirking.

When she met the “new girl” face to face, she got a shock.

“IU. That is not you right? That fat nerd?!”

“What fat nerd? I am IU alright… But who are you talking about?” IU feigned innocence and walked past them, making a victory sign with her fingers. She came out top again. ^^