Our First Practise Together

Even If I Die, I Can't Let You Go

 

-IU’s POV-

So this was the guy that all my friends are crazy over. I looked at him carefully. He is tall, and well built I guess. And now I have to perform a duet with him. I can almost hear all my girl friends screaming when they find out. Not surprisingly, I find him intriguing. He is the most popular guy in the school, comes off as cold and mean towards others. I wonder why he chose me as his partner. I shook away stupid thoughts as I found my tongue and asked him the appropriate questions. After some time, we decided on singing 2AM’s “Even If I Die, I Can’t Let You Go”.

The duet exam was 2 months away. Even so, we already decided that we would go to karaoke every weekend to sing. Occasionally renting a private room with recording equipment so we get to record and hear ourselves clearly. I was nervous about this assignment. Not only because about the person I am doing it with, but the risk of it. I mean, what if I sing so badly that it affects his marks as well?

Aish. I shook the negative thoughts from my head as I walked towards the cafeteria. I got out my lunch and ate it. Weight Watcher’s dieting has made me lose many kilos. But I still wore baggy clothes. I did not have enough time to go out and buy a new wardrobe. But I will do so soon. That will show those es that I have what it takes…

-NoBody’s POV-
Her friends listened to her as she told them what happened in school today…

“Oh no IU! Those es…” Baekhee exclaimed.

“It is alright… I am used to it anyway. And about the assignment, I have to go practise with WooYoung! See ya all later!” IU left the table, leaving her friends in shock. They started discussing amongst themselves.

“WooYoung? That popular hottie?”

“Yeah. I feel happy for IU. She might find love amidst this craziness.”

“Her dieting is working you know, she lost so much weight. It is starting to get visible.”

“We should take her shopping this week, agreed?”

“Yes! Let’s bring her to……

-WooYoung’s POV-

I looked at myself in the mirror. There, casual enough, but at the same time, cool enough to catch her eye?

Aish. What am I thinking… it is just an assignment we are working on together.

With that thought it my mind, I left the dorm and went to the place where we agreed on to meet.

When I reached the designated place, she was already there, warming up her vocals. I stood outside the room and listened to her. Her singing was literally like the angels chorus. So angelic. Whenever I hear it, I feel like I am in heaven.

I waited a few seconds more before I walked into the room, apologising to her that I was late. She just shook her head and told me it was alright. After warming up my vocals, we sang the song together.

I can honestly say it is the first time that I sang a song that moved me to tears. Luckily for me the room was dark and she could not see my face clearly. After singing together, we just stood there in silence. She was the first to speak up.

“Wow. That was really something huh.”

“Yeah. It was sensational… the feeling is really real…” I replied, still speechless. It was more than sensational. The emotions that were brought through, was just so real. It was as though we were lovers who were once separated and sang our feelings out.

After a couple of hours of practise, we left the karaoke room to see her friends outside waiting for her.

“That was really good!” Baekhee told IU.

“Hello there.” I greeted them and turned to IU and bowed before I left. I could hear then giggling behind me. I smiled to myself. It looks like the start of something… new.