HEAVEN

Stuck In Love

_______________________________________

“What happened?” Tzuyu asked the second her and Dahyun got back to their room. They’d found Chaeyoung sprawled out on the beanbag in the middle of the room, staring at the ceiling with her phone resting on her stomach.

 

“Mina stuff,” Chaeyoung replied in a monotone voice. Her eyes remained glazed over.

 

“I thought I saw her as we were walking in...did she talk to you?” Dahyun asked as she flopped down on the bean bag next to Chaeyoung, which was annoying because the thing was clearly only built to hold one person comfortably, not two.

 

“There’s just been a misunderstanding,” Chaeyoung explained. It was a lot more complex than that, but she couldn’t go into details with Dahyun there. She’d talk to Tzuyu more about what Nayeon had said later when they were alone. They were the only two of the group who actually knew about the whole witchcraft thing. Dahyun, bless her soul, was still in the dark.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Tzuyu asked, studying Chaeyoung’s face with concern.

Chaeyoung simply shook her head. “I’m good for now.” The truth was her heart ached and her mind felt like it was an incomplete jigsaw puzzle. She’d thought Mina liked someone else, only to find out that was only because of a potion. Did this mean, upon snapping out of it, Mina’s feelings for her would return? She was anxiously awaiting a response from Nayeon to confirm that the spell in fact was broken. If not, Chaeyoung would have trouble controlling her anger, after all Nayeon had stolen her first kiss...and to make matter’s worse it had Mina’s lips against her own but it hadn’t been Mina herself.

Chaeyoung had briefly felt butterflies as their lips met. Confusion too, but mostly butterflies. Thinking it was Nayeon who made her feel that way was a bit horrifying, so instead she focused on the fact that Mina might be hers once again.

“How’s your love life going?” Chaeyoung asked her friend, who was curling into her side.

“No progress,” Dahyun muttered, voice muffled by Chaeyoung’s shoulder. “I feel like she’ll never see me as more than a friend. What about you, Tzuyu? You always get awfully quiet when we talk about love and all that jazz.”

“First off, stop saying ‘all that jazz’. It's embarrassing. Second, do I have to like someone? Unlike you two, I don’t need to be pining after someone 24/7,” Tzuyu crossed her arms and sat down on her desk chair, glaring at her two older friends.

“Alright, settle down Miss Defensive,” Dahyun apologized. “You just never mention anyone...you haven’t in years.”

“I just have high standards,” Tzuyu assured. “Is that a problem?”

“No, no,” Dahyun replied. “You should have high standards because you deserve the best!” Dahyun started making kissy faces at Tzuyu and holding up hand heart, causing Tzuyu to cringe.

Chaeyoung let out an audible sigh and both of her friends turned back to her. “Love kind of , doesn’t it?”

“Yup,” Dahyun agreed.

“Definitely,” Tzuyu whispered.


 

“What did you say to Jeongyeon?” Mina demanded, standing up and suddenly appearing very intimidating to Nayeon.

“Nothing really...just that you liked Chaeyoung...and that you aren’t dating me....”

“Dating you?” Mina whined, bowing her head and raising her shoulders. “Ugh.”

“Ouch,” Nayeon muttered. “It wouldn’t be that bad, you know.”

Mina shook her head. “Sorry, Nayeon, I didn’t mean that. I’m just so...thrown off right now. Everything’s coming back to me and I’m having a hard time figuring out what’s real and what’s not.”

“Well, we kissed...a couple times actually. The first time was in your bed, the second time was in the bathroom. You were fresh out of the shower and just wearing a towel. You could say it got real steamy in there—”

“I remember that much,” Mina snapped. “No need to remind me. I mean the feelings. Everything I felt for Chaeyoung was just gone...that was the spell, right?”

Nayeon shrugged. “I think so. You don’t just suddenly lose your feelings for someone like that. I mean, they’re back now, aren’t they?”

Mina pressed her lips together and imagined Chaeyoung in her mind. Instantly she felt warm, but with everything that had happened recently she felt a rush of guilt wash over her. “Yes, I think so. God, she must hate me. How could I…” Mina’s voice began to waiver and tears started welling up in her eyes.

“Don’t cry,” Nayeon begged, rushing to Mina side and wrapping her into a big hug. Mina kept her arms at her sides, but she buried her head into Nayeon’s shoulder and silently let her tears fall. “This is all my fault, okay? You weren’t in control for any of that and Chaeyoung knows that. Everything is going to be fine.”

“It’s just...the feelings I had for you...they might not be the same now but, I think a part of me liked it.”

“Liked it?” Nayeon asked, although she knew exactly what Mina meant.

“Liked you,” Mina whispered. The two girls remained like that for a few minutes. Nayeon felt like she was lost in time, somewhere between the past and the present, as images of her time with Mina decorated the insides of her closed eyelids.

“I liked you too.” There it was. The truth. While it had lasted, Mina and Nayeon had both enjoyed their time together, there was no denying that. But things were too complicated now—there was their feelings for Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung. Perhaps maybe in a world where they had met under different circumstances, without Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung tugging at their heart strings, they could be together. But this was not that world.

“Can I come in yet?” There was a whine from outside, ripping Nayeon from her nostalgic moment.

Nayeon sighed slightly and released Mina from her embrace. “Who’s that?” Mina asked, looking adorably confused.

“Right, we have another situation on our hands…”

Mina gave Nayeon a pointed glare and Nayeon held up her hands in mock innocence. “This wasn’t my fault, I swear,” Nayeon assured. “But maybe you can help. You can come in!” Nayeon yelled.

After a moment, the door hesitantly opened and Sana poked her head inside. She practically ran inside and closed the door quickly behind her.

“Are you okay?” Sana asked as she ran towards Mina and suffocated her into a hug, seeing her eyes welling up with tears. Mina’s eyes widened and her jaw dropped slightly. She looked at Nayeon for an explanation before Sana released her, seeing Mina’s face and suddenly looking apologetic. “Oh, oops,” she cried. “I forgot I’m...well…”

“Hi Momo,” Mina replied politely with a tight lipped smile. She was friendly with the older girl but she didn’t know her that well. In fact, she was pretty sure none of the girls in the apartment were super close with her beside Jihyo, but Jihyo was close with everyone. So...what was Momo doing here in her apartment? What was she doing in her room, hugging her?

“This is actually Sana,” Nayeon replied.

Mina’s brow furrowed and she looked at Nayeon like she was crazy for a moment. “Um…”

“It’s true,” Sana shrugged, smiling sheepishly. “I did a love spell but—”

“I can’t believe you two,” Mina shook her head and clasped her hands together in front of her tightly. “Actually, I shouldn’t be surprised, but it seems you two keep finding ways to outdo yourselves. So you body swapped?”

“Nope. I just changed into Momo. Remember when I suddenly developed more of an appetite and wanted to go to the gym? Well…”

Mina facepalmed and muttered something under her breath. “Love spells are serious. Did you guys not listen to any of Irene’s warnings?”

Nayeon and Sana looked at each other and shrugged. “Well, true love’s kiss worked for me, maybe it’ll change you back too?” Nayeon suggested.

“So I have to kiss Dahyun?” Sana’s eyes widened. There was a pang in her heart. If she’d heard she had to kiss Dahyun a few days ago, she would’ve been all for it, but her recent outing with the girl had proved that Dahyun only saw her as a friend. Now if she kissed her, it’d only make her heartbreak worse, knowing she’d briefly experience something she could never really have.

“Before you do anything you should go to Irene,” Mina suggested. “Or at least Jihyo. Maybe she’ll have a solution.”

“I already went to Irene and she wasn’t happy…” Nayeon admitted.

“I hope she scolded you,” Mina muttered.

“Let’s try to deal with this on our own, okay? I don’t want our coven getting in more trouble,” Nayeon said.

“Gee, thanks,” Mina replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

Nayeon almost answered with something snarky but then remembered that she deserved all the sass from Mina now.

“So...should I kiss Dahyun?” Sana asked, tilting her head slightly. She’d do it if it was her only chance to get back to normal.

Mina noticed Sana’s sudden melancholy and patted the older girl gently on the shoulder. “Do you think you could manage?” Mina asked. “There’s a chance it may work, but it might not…”

“I’ll endure it,” Sana said dramatically, but then winked at Mina. She didn’t want Mina to worry about her, she’d be okay. After all, broken hearts don’t stay broken forever.

“You’ll have to erase her memory afterward or else she’ll think she kissed Momo,” Mina warned.

“I have experience in that department already, don’t worry,” Sana assured.

Mina just shook her head, slightly terrified thinking about what sort of hijinks Sana had already gotten into. “Well I need to go see Chaeyoung...maybe you can just come with me and get that over with.”

Sana shook her head enthusiastically.

Nayeon, on the other hand, was still feeling the slight sting of the potion wearing off. With what Mina had said to her she was feeling more confused than ever. “You guys go do that, there’s someone I need to see too.”

She hoped Jeongyeon was free, or could spare some time. Talking to the younger girl always cleared Nayeon’s head. Jeongyeon’s calm presence was something she needed right now.

“Quick, let’s go before Jihyo gets home,” Sana said, looping her arm through Mina’s and pulling her toward the doorway. Mina turned around to look at Nayeon before she disappeared out the door and Nayeon was left with too many thoughts to keep track of in her head.


 

Mina had texted Chaeyoung right away and the girl responded with lightning speed. In all honestly, she was dying to talk to Mina to clear things up and get back to where they were before.

Chaeyoung met Mina outside her dorm building, giving a curt hello to Momo, before she suggested to Mina that they go for a walk alone. It was crisp outside and the chill air allowed Mina’s head to clear a bit. Her closeness to Chaeyoung gave her the butterflies she remembered; the innocent ones that made her a bit flustered and hesitant to get any nearer.

“I’m so sorry,” Mina said. The silence was broken and Chaeyoung took a sharp intake of breath.

“I know you are,” Chaeyoung responded, keeping her eyes forward; not allowing them to stray to Mina’s side profile. The girl was wearing a long sleeve shirt tucked fashionably into the front of the jeans she was wearing. The outfit was casual but Mina still managed to look beautiful. When she saw her earlier today at her door, her heart had nearly stopped. But that hadn’t been Mina at all. This was Mina, her Mina.

“It doesn’t excuse what I put you through...how can I ever make it up to you?” Mina’s voice was soft and fragile. Chaeyoung wanted to put her arms around Mina and hold her tightly, but she maintained her self-control.

“It wasn’t your fault, it was Nayeon’s. You weren’t thinking clearly, right?”

Had she been thinking clearly? It seemed that something had clouded her judgement for sure. She’d done things out of character, things that embarrassed her just thinking about them. But in the moment...it’d felt good...right, even… “The spell took away everything I felt for you,” Mina admitted. “It was like all those feelings were transferred to Nayeon, but they were different.”

Mina didn’t wanna explain any further and have to tell Chaeyoung the things that her and Nayeon had done. Her feelings had been heightened to more of a desperate need. There wasn’t a single moment where her mind had been thinking of anything other than Nayeon. With the spell being broken, she was free of that, but a part of her missed that hunger. It had kept her focused, and it seemed like things made more sense. Now, her softer feelings had returned—her shy feelings that she wanted to explore more but was scared to. She wished she could borrow some of the courage the spell had granted her temporarily.

“So...you’d wanna keep hanging out with me then?” Chaeyoung asked, finally turning to face Mina and looking at her with hopeful eyes.

“Of course,” Mina nodded and smiled slightly.

“You don’t have feelings for Nayeon anymore?”

Mina bit her tongue and looked at the ground. This was the golden question. “No, but the memories are still lingering,” Mina admitted. “I remember how it felt to love her.” And it was nice.

Chaeyoung stopped abruptly and took Mina’s hands in her own. Mina looked up at her in surprise. “Let’s make new memories then,” she said. She let go of Mina’s hands and gently held the sides of Mina’s face. She tilted her head upward and closed her eyes, leaning toward Mina. Mina’s eyes widened in shock and she could’ve swore that her heart had stopped beating and was hanging like dead weight in her chest. She let Chaeyoung’s lips meet her own and she closed her eyes. They both held their breath as they let the moment linger.

Mina thought about kissing Nayeon. She thought about the roughness of it, compared to this. She almost put her hands on Chaeyoung’s back and pressed the girl closer to her, but she let the thought fade. This was more appropriate for the two of them. Slow and sweet. It felt right.

Chaeyoung opened her eyes and backed away, and the two girls looked at each other with embarrassed expressions on their faces.

“So, who’s a better kisser, me or Nayeon?

At the question, Chaeyoung nearly fell face down on the sidewalk. “W-what?”

Mina looked dead serious for a moment before formed a small, sly smile.

Chaeyoung barked out a laugh and playfully shoved Mina’s arm. Mina laughed watching the embarrassment on Chaeyoung’s face form. “It was nothing...just a quick peck,” Chaeyoung assured.

“I can’t believe you kissed Nayeon before you kissed me.”

“If it makes you feel any better, it was technically with your lips, so if that’s the case then she never really kissed me at all…”

“Uh-huh,” Mina commented, but her eyes were shaping themselves into half moons as she smiled. The whole thought still made her slightly uncomfortable, but laughing about it made her feel better. “She didn’t do anything super embarrassing, did she?” Mina asked.

The last time her and Nayeon had body switched the older girl had embarrassed her in front of everyone. She could still remember when Nayeon had kissed her with her own lips, and she nearly shuttered at the thought.

“No,” Chaeyoung said. “At least not that I saw. There’s no telling what she did when she left though…”

Mina shook her head. “What are we gonna do with her?”


 

Meanwhile, Sana had managed to lure Dahyun out of her apartment as well. Dahyun had been surprised to be visited by Momo without any prior warning, but the younger girl was clearly excited. Sana could tell by the way Dahyun was speaking incoherent sentences. Dahyun’s shyness was endearing, and Sana had to snap herself out of the butterflies she was feeling. Remember why you’re here, she told herself. You’re on a mission, don’t get distracted.

“So, what did you wanna talk to me about?” Dahyun asked, practically skipping along the sidewalk next to Sana.

“Oh, it’s just, well...I’m…” Sana’s mind was blanking and she could feel panic rising in her chest, suffocating her. Think! “Is it okay if I...kiss you right now?” Sana, you idiot!

Dahyun looked like she’d just taken a blow to the chest. She stopped mid-skip, frozen.

“Just...quickly. It’s something I need to do,” Sana explained. Well, so much for taking a subtle approach.

“Um,” was all Dahyun managed to say before Sana began lowering her head toward Dahyun’s. Dahyun’s eyes widened in shock as she watched Sana get closer. “Ummmm…”

Their lips touched, gently, and Sana closed her eyes as she tasted them. She held her breath while it lasted and then quickly pulled back. As she pulled away though, Dahyun put her hands around Sana’s waisted and gently pulled her forward again. This time, Dahyun leaned forward and Sana stood there looking like a fish out of water.

Her lips are so soft and she looks so beautiful from this angle and her cheeks are slightly red and...oh shoot, I’m screwed. Sana forced herself to turn away, ending their entanglement. She muttered apologizes under her breath as she debated making a run for it. If she didn’t get some distance between her and Dahyun now there was no telling if she’d be able to break from Dahyun’s embrace again.

“Um...Momo?” Dahyun asked, studying Sana’s face curiously.

“I’m sorry,” Sana bowed slightly and took a step back. This was all a mistake. She didn’t even feel different, so the kiss had all been for nothing. She quickly ped her purse and reached for the glitter she had remaining to use on Dahyun to make her forget their awkward encounter.

“You...your face…” Dahyun started to look slightly horrified now.

Sana immediately put her hands up to her face and rubbed her cheeks. “Did it work? Am I back to normal?”

Dahyun continued to look at her, dumbfounded. “You…” Before Sana could respond, Dahyun’s eyes rolled back and she began tipping forward. Sana’s arms shot out in an attempt to catch the other girl but the unexpected force of Dahyun’s forward movement threw Sana off balance and the two tumbled to the ground. Luckily for Dahyun, Sana broke her fall. Sana on the other hand let out a high pitched scream as her tailbone connected with the pavement of the sidewalk. She didn’t have time to think about the pain she was experiencing though, because her friend was lying on top of her, passed out.

Sana gently rolled Dahyun’s limp body off of her. “Dahyun?” Sana squealed, gently shaking her shoulders. The older girl felt a sudden panic wash over her. She fumbled for her phone and immediately dialed Mina’s number.

After a few rings Mina answered. Her voice was soft and calming. “What’s up? Did it work?”

“Dahyun fainted!” Sana cried into her phone. Mina could tell that the spell had been reversed based on Sana's ringing, high-pitched voice alone. “I need to get her up to her room, can you help?”

“Where are you guys?”

“We started walking the opposite way that you and Chaeyoung went, back toward the village on the sidewalk.”

“Okay, we’ll be right there,” Mina assured. “For now just hold her head up.” Click.

Sana tried to remain calm as she looked down at Dahyun’s closed eyes. “Oh god, oh god,” Sana cried to herself. She cradled Dahyun’s head in her lap and brushed hair out of the girl’s face. “Hang in there, Dahyun-ie.”

It took Mina and Chaeyoung a few minutes to reach Sana and Dahyun. By that time, both girls were out of breath and red-faced. Just as Mina had expected, there was Sana looking like herself again. “What happened?” Chaeyoung asked, looking at Sana with a bit of accusation. “When’d you get here and where’s Momo?”

Chaeyoung had seen Momo with Mina when the two girls first arrived, and Momo had left Mina and Chaeyoung alone while she went to go up and talk to Dahyun. Chaeyoung was a bit surprised to see Momo with Mina, especially considering she didn’t think they were super close, but she had thought it best not to ask Mina about it.

Now, seeing Sana wearing what she thought Momo had been wearing earlier (that was the same hoodie, wasn’t it?) holding up her passed out best friend, Chaeyoung was a bit perturbed.

Mina looked at Sana, took a breath, and moved to help pull Dahyun up. “Help me carry her back and I’ll tell you on the way.”

Chaeyoung grabbed one of Dahyun’s arms and helped Mina hoist her up. Together, in a very awkward way, the three girls began shuffling Dahyun back toward her room.

______________________________________

Here’s another shorter chapter for you guys, but I hope you still like it! What do you think is gonna happen with Dahyun now that she saw Sana change back to normal? I think there will only be one or two more chapters to tie everything up, so please look forward to that!