The story

Turning the wall flower into a gentleman

‘What is wrong with him.’ I thought to myself as I see Onew run off into the distance. Running after him I tried to catch up but, lost him in a blink of an eye, literally. As I looked for him I continued to run looking in every dark corner and crack to look for Onew, even going as far as asking stranger if they saw him. Finally after looking for almost forever I found him crouching down in the darkest spot in the city.
“What did you mean by brightness? Also, why are  you hiding in a place like this?” I asked him leaning against a brick wall.
“Your face... Is there a reason that you hide it so much.”  I asked him as he raised his hands to cover it.
“I’ll listen to you if you just talk to me. Even though I’m not much of a listener I could try.”  I asked him as he only continued to murmur and mutter to himself.
“Tell me...” I said looking over to the cowaring boy. Sighing I tried asking him three more times before walking over to him.
Tell me... or would you rather me looking at your face myself?” I asked him as I walked over to stand in front of him. After getting into his vicinity he let out a sudden bone chilling scream shocking me and making me fall down.
“What the... What the hell are you doing.” I asked as he showed some kind of strange sign with both of his sign.
“A guy I liked once told me that.” Onew said finally speaking to me. My eyes widen at what he told me. ‘Did Onew just admit to me he was gay? Is Henry or his aunt aware that this was the real reason.’
“He, he told me that I was ugly.” Onew explained as his normal creepy voice turned into a sad whisper. All I could thing is what heartless creature would say anything like that to anyone.
 

(Onew’s P.O.V flashback 4 years ago)

“So you said you liked me?”  A short haired boy in a very boring looking school uniform question Onew who only stood there head bowed down.
“It is quite a shame because I don’t really like ugly thing like you.” The boy said to me in the cruelest voice he could manage, which was pretty cruel, before walking away all the while bumping into me. Hearing this my heart broke into a million pieces and dry sobs broke out of my mouth as I tried to sob silently tears running down my face.
Walking off of the school grounds I tripped on my own two feet falling into a pile of mud. I continued to sit there wallowing in my own sorrow. Until I met him. Nakema, my best friend as of now.


(End of flashback and P.O.V)

“Are you really this stupid or what?” I asked after hearing Onew finish his story. Sitting up dusted off my hands. Onew looked at me before looking away.
“I, I was normal until that happened... but now... everything has changed.”  He said biting on his fingers. ‘What idiot would call someone who had a crush on him ugly.”  I thought looking at Onew pitifully.