FOURTH BOUQUET

Magical Flowershop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They say that time heal all wounds but all it did so far was to give me more time to think about how much I miss you.
—Anonymous

 

 

 

Another nightmare visited Ahyoung’s night. Every time she stays at her own house –where her uncle lives too- she always has nightmares. Screams, masked people, a boy who hugged her tightly inside their bedroom and a woman who told them to hide before she going out of the room. Ahyoung’s breathing quickened. She can hear someone’s voice clearly, telling her that he loves her and her brother. She has a brother. She almost forgot his features. He told her to stop crying and hide, then he left her like what the woman did. Ahyoung assumes she was her mother, and he was her father.

“No!!” Ahyoung awakened. She knows it is just a nightmare. But every time that nightmare comes and haunts her, she feels suffocated.

She glanced at her bedroom’s door and can see someone’s shadow from the space beneath the door. It is her uncle. He is always there, waiting for the right time to show that he actually cares for her. She knows it, and she’s waiting for it. She always knows it. Her uncle is a good person, he cares for her, but he chooses to avoid her. She never asked him about the reason, she’s waiting for him to tell her.

“Ahyoung-a!!! Let me go, ahjusshi!! Bring her with us!!” Ahyoung closes her eyes, now she can hear her ‘brother's’ voice clearly. A vivid memory of him that night flashed on her mind. She muffled her cries inside the closet, wanting her brother back, but someone took him away from her and that someone told her to wait for him and would be back to get her. Then he opened the door, walked away leaving her behind.

“Andwae!!!!! Appa!!! Eomma!!!” she screamed at the memory, making her uncle barged in with worry written all over his face. But he just stands there, a few steps from the door, watching her eyes that is staring at him with fear. Lee Jin Wook, he wants to comfort his niece but he restrains himself to do it. He just waits. Like a coward running away from his responsibility.

He looks at her calm expression, her breathing is stable now. He knows too well that she pushes herself to be calm. She doesn’t want to burden him. His niece is a smart girl. Too smart for him, the only thing that makes him remember his late brother. He closes the door without saying anything to her.

Ahyoung only sighs, it looks like she needs more time to wait. Ahyoung glanced at her bedside table. There’s a picture in a silver frame. Her parents and her brother were there. The six-year-old Lee Ahyoung hugged by the twelve-year-old Lee Minhyuk and their parents behind them, smiling widely.

“Bogoshipo,”

 

 

Key, wallet, another jacket. Youngbae checked it one more time. He is a perfectionist and wants his first meeting with his date to be perfect. He checked his appearance one more time in front of his full body mirror. His smile bloomed. He is ready.

“Youngbae, are you ready, son?” his mother appears with a smile on her face. He walked to her, then hugged her.

“I’ll be right back, eomma. Thank you for giving me this chance,” he whispers to her. Mrs. Dong nods while patting his back while Mr. Dong watched them happily.

“Be careful, son” Mr. Dong reminds him,

“I will,”

His destination is only half an hour away. No one is there yet except the workers. Youngbae sits near the counter, waiting for someone. He glances at a bouquet of yellow carnation that he bought on his way to the cafe. Another smile bloomed.

“What do you want to order, sir?” a waitress asks him while giving a menu. Youngbae looks at the menu and chose white coffee as his drink and ordered peach tea for his ‘date’. He also told her to come back if his date arrived.

“Please wait a moment, sir,” she said to him. Youngbae nods. After the waitress left him, he glanced at his phone. No calls and no messages. He looks around him. Some customer coming in, few of them are couples. He took a deep breath trying to get more relaxed.

Kling... kling...

Youngbae turns around, his smile bloomed seeing someone stands in front of the entrance. She’s looking around, looking for him. He can feel a warmth spread inside his chest. His ‘date’ wears a dark green coat, black boots, a pair of gloves, her hair tied neatly. Youngbae waves his hand at her. Finally...

The woman in green coat smiles a little when she found him. Youngbae is wav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter