THIRD BOUQUET

Magical Flowershop
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Keep eating, don’t talk to him.' Ahyoung kept repeating it in her head. It’s lunchtime, and Jinyoung is eating with her. From all of the seats inside the shop, he chooses to sit in front of her. He’s staring at her, maybe wondering why she can’t look at him in the eyes. Ahyoung glances at the wall clock realizing their lunchtime is almost over and hopes that many customers will come in so she doesn’t have to explain anything to Jinyoung.

“Ahyoung, are you wearing makeup?” Ahyoung stares at Jinyoung. He’s grinning seeing Ahyoung’s flustered expression.

“U-uhm, Ji Hyo unnie wanted me to wear light makeup because it’s Saturday maybe someone will ask me to a date” Jinyoung laughs at her reason. Ahyoung cursed at her lying ability. 'Why did I even give that reason to him?' she thought. Jinyoung will tease her all day! She just hopes that the earth will swallow her at this very moment.

“That is the most unbelievable reason I’ve ever heard. But it works for you! You always refused to do girly things like this. I want to meet your sister, and thank her. Can’t you see, a lot of  girl customers were glaring at their boyfriend because their boyfriends were staring at you.”

She doesn’t think Jinyoung is praising her for it. She just felt uncomfortable. It needs quite a long time to convince herself to wear makeup here and there to cover the bruises. It started turning purple, and she knows Saturday is a busy day. Jinyoung can’t handle all the customers today, even with her co-workers helping him. Jinyoung chuckles again, seeing Ahyoung pouting. It is her habit when she’s thinking of something she doesn’t like.

“You know what? Let’s just work! I think I can’t accept more teasing from you about this makeup things!” there, Ahyoung is sulking at him. Jinyoung chased Ahyoung. She is already standing behind the counter. Their co-worker laughed at Jinyoung. He tries to apologize, but Ahyoung ignores him.

“If only Park Jinyoung admits his own feelings,” their co-worker mutter.

 

 

“Saem~ Can we die because of a broken heart?” everyone giggles at the question. Mr. Im just announced that he’ll give them a pretest before starting the class. Ahyoung sat in her seat beside Jungkook. She’s afraid because some of her bruises haven’t disappeared. In the other side of the table, Jungkook is glancing at her. He’s trying to arrange some words to apologize to her. Both of their actions were noticed by Mr. Im which makes him smile.

“Yes, Jackson. We can die because of a broken heart. It can cause our heart not to function properly. Some parts will either work too slow or may stop for a while, just like the heart of a person who had a . Those parts that were left will work really hard to pump the blood into our body. If it happens regularly, heart muscles can break and with that condition, it can kill us,” Mr. Im explained to the whole class. Leaving everyone silent. Ahyoung glanced at Jungkook. Their eyes met, but it seems no one wanted to look away. Something keeps their eyes glued to each other.

“So, I hope all of you keep each other and don’t hurt each other, okay? Now, let’s begin the test and don’t let me die because of a broken heart with your test scores,”

Ahyoung fiddles with her fingers while waiting for Jungkook outside the classroom. She makes sure that there’s no bruise on her face before she meets the boy.

“What are you doing here?” Ahyoung was startled, it’s Jungkook. Staring at her with a frown. She almost jumps when she heard his voice. Jungkook finds it amusing. But he has to hold his smile.

“I-I want to apologize. For what I’ve said to you before. I shouldn’t judge you like that. You have your own reason for saying those words to me. But I assure you, I’m not that kind of woman. I know it’s wrong to sleep outside like that and thank you for not letting me sleep there,” Jungkook doesn’t know why he felt bad because of her apology. It should be him who's apologizing because he owes her apology. Jungkook cleared his throat. Every word in his head disappears since he found her waiting for him.

“Y-you shouldn’t apologize. I’m sorry for my harsh words that night. I know this project is important to you, no, for both of us.” Jungkook is taken aback by her reply. Ahyoung smiles at him, like everything that he has done to her never happened before.

“Y-you’re not angry?” Ahyoung chuckled,

“You’re worried about me that night, how can I be angry at you?” another chuckle escaped her lips. Jungkook felt his blood rush to his face. He's not angry. He’s... happy? He shouldn’t be happy.

“Let’s do the task together! Do you have a place for us to work on it?” Jungkook is thinking whether it is okay to ask her to come to his house considering its environment or it will be better if he invited her to his basecamp?

“Are you free today? Maybe we can do the task at my house, after school?”

“Sure. Just give me fifteen minutes. Mr. Im has something to say,”

“Alright. I’ll be waiting in front of your locker,”

It will be impossible if Jungkook keeps his promise and something rare is happening. The school’s troublemaker and so-called gangster, is waiting patiently in front of Ahyoung’s locker, glaring at some students that passed by him. A soft sigh escapes Ahyoung’s mouth, then a smile appears on her face.

“Sorry, I’m taking too much of your time,” Jungkook straightened his body and moved aside from her locker.

“No. It’s okay. Should we go now?” Ahyoung nods and lets Jungkook walk first.

It’s big. That is the first word that popped into Ahyoung’s mind when they arrive at Jungkook’s house. When Jungkook opened the door, there’s a big family picture in the living room. His parents, older brother, and he were posing. The picture felt cold, Jungkook and his brother don't smile which contrasts with their parents.

Ahyoung follows Jungkook, he puts his bag on the sofa and gestured her to take a seat before heading to the kitchen. Serving her and himself a glass of orange juice.

“I hope you like it, I’m not an expert in the kitchen.” Ahyoung smiles at him, it is enough to make Jungkook sit beside her.

“Where’s your family?” Jungkook's expression bittered. Ahyoung cleared then apologize for her sudden question.

“You really like to apologize, don’t you?” Ahyoung turns her gaze, looking down. Jungkook finds it amusing.

“My parents are working, my brother doesn’t live here. He stays in Germany because he wants to study there.”

“I-It’s okay if you don’t want to talk about them,” Jungkook looks at her intently. Those pitiful stares... he can’t find it on her. He just felt... warm and emptiness filling her pitch black eyes.

“Friends... let’s start with friends,” Jungkook said to her. If he doesn’t have anything to be proud of, he still has his friends to be told. He is proud of them even though people in their world sees them as a virus that is needed to be quarantined. Ahyoung thinks for a while, Jungkook’s lips move upward. How come he find every little thing she does amusing?

“I just have some. Jooyeon, our classmate. She’s hard to be turned down, she is a hard working girl, and has her own judgment about people. Park Jinyoung, he is the manager at my workplace, he’s cheerful, kind, dedicated, and funny. The last is Jihyo unni, she is a florist that I know. She’s faithful, and a very understanding woman. I’m very glad I have them in my life. They keep trying to go near me and never cared how many times I push them away. They changed me, maybe a little bit, but it felt.... better. What about you?” Ahyoung turns to Jungkook making him startled by the sudden act. He cleared his throat before answering.

“I have six close friends. You already know two of them. The oldest is Seokjin hyung, he never complained to us and gave us a place to gather. He is a hardworking man, growing up with all the love from his family. Second oldest is Yoongi hyung. He loves to sleep and will be mad when you disturb him. He isn’t someone you want to mess with. Then I have Namjoon hyung and Hoseok hyung, they’re born in the same year. Namjoon hyung is a genius, yet a ert and clumsy, but responsible person. He’s like the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter