Ch 15 New Promises

Every King Needs A Queen

Sunny and I were sitting at a cafe waiting for Sunmi. Sunny was telling me about the Great Emu War in Australia.

“So you’re saying that technically the emus won?”, I asked.

“Crazy, right?”

“Insane.”, I agreed. We both looked over when we heard the bells on the cafe’s door clang softly. We waved at Sunmi and she quickly made her way towards us. There was something different about her today. Her face was glowing and she had an extra bounce in her step.

“Hey guys. Did you wait long?”, Sunmi greeted us.

“No not really. Sunny was telling me a really interesting story.”

“Really? What was it?”, asked Sunmi, pulling out a chair next to Sunny.

“I’ll tell you later. I think you have something more interesting to share.”, Sunny said pointing to the simple diamond ring on her left hand.

“Wait. Does that mean-? Did Daehyun-?”, I asked.

“You mean did he propose? Yeah he did.”, Sunmi replied, breaking out into a huge smile. Sunny and I both squealed, earning us looks from the other patrons but we didn’t care.

“Omygosh. I have so many questions. I don’t even know where to start.”, I said.

“How about when and how did he propose?”, said Sunny.

“He proposed two days ago. And it was perfect.”

“Don’t beat behind the bush. Spill already!”, said Sunny.

“Ok, so it all started a little after noon when I woke up….”

 

Sunmi finished her story.

“Omygosh that was so cute.”, I gushed.

“I think I got a cavity from how sweet that was. I meant that in the best way possible.”, Sunny added. Sunmi laughed.

“Can we see the ring?”, I asked. Sunmi took it off to show us the inscription on the inside. The inscription was Forever with Daehyun in cursive. We bombarded her with questions about the details of the wedding and she tried her best to answer until she stopped us.

“We don’t have everything worked out yet, but there’s plenty of time to figure that stuff out. Besides we’re probably gonna get sick of talking about the wedding so let’s talk about something else for now. What were you guys talking about before I came?” Sunny got a mischievous glint in her eye.

“Have you heard of the Great Emu War?”, she asked.

 

Later that night after dinner I opened the door to find a panicked Daehyun.

“Daehyun? Is something wrong?”

“Have you seen Sunmi?”, he asked.

“Not since this afternoon. Did something happened?”

“She’s missing. She hasn’t been home since she left to meet up with you guys this afternoon. SHe’s not answering her phone either.”, Daehyun admitted slipping into his Busan accent.

“What? First, come inside and we’ll figure this out. I promise”.