Quarter 1 - Pt. 3

Whatever You Do, Don't Fall For A Freshman

     A couple hours later and we were all either in Mark's pool or sitting around it. Jinyoung and Mark were teaming up against Youngjae and JB in a game of Chicken. Mark was trying his best to push Youngjae off, but was failing miserably. I was just sitting by the side of the pool, with my feet dipped in when Jackson made his way towards me. He was looking oh-so-fine with those toned abs and well, I think I'm in heaven.

"Hey, can I sit here? Everyone is all cuddly and/or coupley and I need someone to drown my single sorrows with." He asks and I laugh, nodding.

"I can definetly help with that." I answered. After a bit of comfortable silence, I started to sway my feet in the water, splashing Jackson. Whoops. He starting swaying his to splash me back and the next thing I know, we're both soaked from head to toe despite never fully going into the pool. The backyard gate opened and in came Yugyeom who was hugging Kat so no one could see her body. They wobbled over to the side of the pool where the game of chicken was being held.

"Sorry for being late, we finished our study session quite early." Yugyeom announced.

"Yeah, yeah. It's chill." Mark breathed out, concentrating on trying to push Youngjae off. Yugyeom wobbled over to me, still bear hugging Kat. 

"Bro, just let her go." I laughed and Kat mouthed a 'thank you' towards my direction. Yugyeom shook his head no.

"Kyum, I know you are afraid of everyone seeing how out of your league your girlfriend is, but no one really cares. Everyone here is taken, except for me and Bam and I'm hella gay." Jackson advocated.

"I am also 'hella' gay." I placed air quotes around hella. 

"See! Let me go." Kat tried to speak, but was being squashed too much to do so. 

"Fine." Yugyeom let Kat go, slowly, very slowly. Kat dramatically fell onto the tiles beside the pool, clenching her hand out and gasping for air.

"Get up." I laughed, kicking her with my foot, which happened to send her toppling down into the pool. Uh-oh. I looked at Yugyeom and he was fuming.

"Oh , I'm so sorry. I forgot." I apologized and Yugyeom quickly got into the pool.

"Forgot what?" Jackson asked.

"She can't swim and she's barely over one hundred fifty centimetres" I let out, Yugyeom picked up Kat before she started showing any symptoms of drowning.

"This is literally three feet deep, you know that, right?" Jackson told Yugyeom after the younger had fished out his girlfriend.

"I, for one did." She laughed and Yugyeom was once again, pissed. 

"It was at the end of the pool!" Yugyeom reasoned.

"Yeah, the shallow end." Jackson said with a tone of sarcasm. Surprisingly, he could keep up with the three of us, that was rare. Kat and I laughed at Jackson's comment and Yugyeom pouted like a little baby, taking a seat on a pool chair. Kat made her way to him and kissed his lips quickly.

"Better?" She asked, leaning her head to the side.

"Not in front of the-" Yugyeom started.

"No one cares." She said, continuing her kiss as she sat on top of Yugyeom.

"Now I see, thats what 'studying' means." Youngjae looked at the couple and said. I snorted at that. Mark used this to his advantage and knocked over the otter-like man.

"YESS!" Screamed Mark and Jinyoung, but JB was quick to retaliate.

"TwoJae wins! Ten to one." Jaebum victoriously yelled and Youngjae stuck out his tongue. Jinyoung made his way through the pool towards Yugyeom and Kat.

"Ew, straight people." Jinyoung splashed.

"Why do I sense a pang of irony?" Kat mumbled as the two seperated.

"What time is it?" Jaebum asked me, I leaned over to check my phone. 

"Seven thirty, I should get home. My mom wants me to help with dinner." I say  picking up a towel to start drying my hair.

"You mean Baby wants you to help with dinner." Yugyeom laughed out.

"Yeah..." I responded.

"I thought you were single!" Jackson exclaims.

"Oh my gosh, this is gold." Kat whispered to Yugyeom, but again everyone heard.

"Baby is my sister. Long story." I chuckled. 

"Don't go. At least, not yet. Mark, a moment." Jackson and Mark made their way to a corner of the backyard, towards the gate.

~

     Mark huffed as Jackson pulled the older. They stopped walking and Mark let out a 'what?'.

"I need to kiss that BamBam boy to see if he's the freshman." 

"So? Go do it. Why are you telling me?"

"Well, you see I haven't kissed anyone in awhile..."

"Oh my! The mighty and powerful, wild and y Jackson is worried about whether his kissing skills are still in tact. I'm going to cry." Mark laughed, Jackson smacked his shoulder.

"Shut up!"

"Just kiss me, it'll be like practice for you. We've done it before, anyways."

"Mark! You're with Jinyoung." 

"And? It doesn't mean anything."

"I'm not going to kiss you." Jackson huffed.

"Why? Just kiss me damnit. No one is around. Stop being so secretive." Mark pleaded and leaned towards Jackson.

"I'm so sorry for interrupting you um two. I have to go!" The voice said, running towards the gate, opening it and leaving.

~

     I was heading towards the gate, after saying my goodbyes to the group. As I got closer, Mark and Jackson's conversation beamed louder. I'm just going to wait for them to finish. I don't want to interrupt them.

"I'm not going to kiss you." Jackson huffed.

"Why? Just kiss me damnit. No one is around. Stop being so secretive." Mark pleaded and leaned towards Jackson.

     Oh my! I thought Mark was with Jinyoung. Are they having an affair? What's happening? What's happening? I need to leave. I can't just watch them!.

"I'm so sorry for interrupting you um two. I have to go!" I said fastly running towards the gate and leaving.