Sequel | Part 1

Should I Take it Back?

“Get off”

It didn’t amuse him. Nothing else did and he found himself helpless, more like disgusted at the mere thought of hoping someone can replace what was his.

“I thought we’re having a good ti–”

“You bet I did” The blonde haired girl was cut off when the man threw her a cold stare. He slid his hands in his pocket and fished out his wallet to get a couple of bills.

“I want you more than your money,” the girl was trying. She attempted to get near the man once again with her shirt barely covering her petite body. Her lipstick was already smeared from the heated session she had which she wished didn’t end so soon.

“Cut the crap, Mira. I want you gone now, so just get the out of my apartment!”

“You don’t have to be so cold, Jiwo–”

“Do. Not. Call. Me. By. That. Name... you’re not him” Each word sent daggers like threat with the last three words becoming less audible, almost like a whisper.

As soon as Mira left, Jiwon lost his balance and fell on the couch. His right hand was resting on his eyes while his left hand was clutching his shirt to ease the pain. He spent the night with tears streaming down from his eyes and heart breaking into a hundred pieces more than it already is.

It’s been a year since the band decided to live separately after getting more recognition. A year since Hanbin and Jiwon broke up, almost causing the group to split but the two remained professionals. Their dream that once connected them became the reason for them to grow distant.

Instead of finding joy, they found pain, and instead of finding their way back, they lost themselves in the process.

Looking for an escape, Jiwon tried to fill the void in his heart with somebody else. He’d call someone to come over and get his mind off of Hanbin. It worked, at least that’s what he wanted to believe. However, the more he dwells on someone, the more his mind thinks of Hanbin. The more he kisses unfamiliar pairs of lips, the more he wishes that their break up was a dream –a nightmare.

The mint green pinch pleated curtains placed against a satin finished black wall get lighter when the sunlight hits. Sudden brightness caused Jiwon to whimper in his sleep but it’s not enough to wake him up yet. One thing that didn’t change after everything was his sleeping habit, like always, he is still a sleepyhead. It is not after loud knocks from his door were heard that he finally woke up from his deep slumber.

“What time is it?” the rapper twisted and turned around his faded gray mid-century modern sofa which is large enough to fit two people. He unlocked his phone to check the time and messages completely forgetting that someone is banging his door nonstop.

“YAH KIM JIWON OPEN THE DOOR!”

Totally taken aback, Jiwon quickly dragged his lazy self towards the door to greet his morning intruder. He checked his safety camera and to his surprise it was the eldest member, Jinhwan. The rapper furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. It’s unusual for the elder to come and visit him because ever since the fight, the latter became distant to him.

“Hey, hyung. What brings you here?” Jiwon asked straightforwardly while assisting Jinhwan inside his unit. The two head over to the kitchen as the so-called visitor was thirsty from his trip.

“ahhh, that feels refreshing” Jinhwan sighed out of relief. He placed the glass in the sink and made his way to the living room where the younger was sitting.

Several minutes passed already and the room is still silent. It was a loud silent probably an uncomfortable one as well, and Jiwon isn’t fond of such feeling so he decided to cut the whole madness.

“Spill it, I know you wouldn’t come here just to plainly check if I am fine. So?” the rapper was raising his brows while shrugging his shoulders impatiently waiting for Jinhwan to finally spill the tea.

“Well...”  The older was hesitant. He was looking everywhere except Jiwon’s eyes. He was trying to come up with an excuse but his brain is failing him.

“Well?”  The younger, on the other hand, was anticipating. His eyes are glued on the small figure in front of him.

“Manager Jang called, and...” Jinhwan slowly turned his head to look at Jiwon. Uncertainty masked his face. He’s becoming more indecisive seeing how the younger was waiting for him to finish his words.

“and...?” Jiwon’s patience is running thin, as much as he wants to hear the reason for Jinhwan’s sudden visit, the hesitation of the older member scares him a bit.

“You need to move out for a while. They want you and Hanbin to prepare seriously for your collaboration.”

 

For the nth time that day, Jiwon was reminded that he has not moved on from his lover.

 


 

it's been ages since the last update and to my surprise there are still some who are asking for a sequel. I hope you liked this update, thank you :D