I Find No Peace [myg]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We halted in our tracks simultaneously, hand in hand, and fingers intertwined. We retreated to silence, each one of us gazed calmly not daring to break the pure peacefulness that fell upon us as soon as we were met with the tantalizing smell of freshly oiled hot dogs, which wafted on tranquilizing evening autumn breeze and rinsed our lungs thoroughly.

Onyx loosened her fingers, and hurriedly coiled both of her arms around my forearm, cocking her head aside to rest it gently on my shoulder. "I really thought I was no longer hungry." Her voice trailed away. After moments of silence, a shiver ran down her body, as she audibly inhaled air through clenched teeth. "Look how elegantly they are being wrapped with loaves of bread and how deliciously they are being dressed with mayonnaise and ketchup. I really can't take it anymore!"

"Should I steal some?" My voice was almost inaudible but she still heard it as I was immediately met with a soft punch on my arm.

"This is not funny!" She shrieked and averted her eyes threateningly in slow motion. I have always adored how she was strict when it came to manners, even though she didn't have a lot of manners herself but when it came to manners that she was capable of like respecting the elder, refusing to steal, and refusing to ridicule human weaknesses, she was very strict to the extent that she would become so offended even if I had the slightest bit of any of them cross my mind.

"Onyx?" A close male's resonant voice made its way to our ears, causing us both to turn our head simultaneously, her eyebrows were wrinkled for a second but as soon as realization hit her, her eyebrows flew upwards, happiness ornamenting her features.

"Junhoe!" She exclaimed, eyes glimmering, and lips lightened up in a wide smile that almost reached her ears. Her arms that were once tightly shielding mine, loosened, and she proceeded to walk to the man before us who was so called Junhoe, either to shake his hand or to hug him. My thundering anger struck my jealousy and caused a long fissure, from within which desires of hiding her erupted. Therefore, my hand flew upwards and in the speed of a blinking eye, my hand wrapped itself fiercely around her shoulder and pulled her inwardly, and so her fragile body was met with the rigid bones of my chest, causing her to turn her head in my direction, startled, slightly tilting it to look into my eyes questioningly.

The neatly dressed man shifted awkwardly while rubbing his chin upon seeing our strange attitude, probably sensing the sudden tension that rose in between us.

Onyx was quick to cut the awkward silence off and pointed at Junhoe. "This is Junhoe, we used to attend private signing lessons a while ago. Junhoe, this is Yoongi," She paused mid-sentence, fluctuating her eyes awkwardly between us and pressing her lips into a thin line.

"Her boyfriend," Sensing that she felt awkward for some unknown reason to state that I was her boyfriend, I was quick to speak up, the tight grip, around which her shoulder was securely wrapped, loosened, disappointedly.

She cupped a strand of her hair behind her ear, shifting her eyes shyly among our shoes, after averting her eyes from mine in slow motion.

"Nice to meet you," Junhoe greeted calmly, a smile hideously adorning his lips,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter