I Find No Peace [myg]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lub-dub

Lub-dub

Lub-dub

My heart noisily bumped into her dangerously close back, and to satisfy my greediness I allowed myself to sneakily coil my right arm around her waist, contently breathing in her freshly showered short hair. I felt like I was on cloud nine; she was always effortlessly ready and able to provide and nourish my needy self. I honestly had never asked for more comfort and mental and emotional peacefulness in my whole life. Maybe she was a little bit too strict when it came to being touchy, and never really allowed cuddling for some unknown reasons but she was soulful and emotionally cuddly enough to fulfill this gap she purposely created between us.

Every day after talking until our throats hurt, playing, teasing each other, singing and playing piano until I could no longer move my finger an inch, we would give ourselves at least half an hour of complete silence. We would dive into the alternate universes we both carefully created for ourselves to escape reality, imitate reality, fix reality or create a fake reality. We both treasured these moments of pure peacefulness, in which we willingly drown, enough to not disturb each other in any way. But having some time for ourselves never necessarily meant that we both needed to be alone, but rather, we would just stay as close and subconsciously merge our worlds together.

But today, it was different because I purposely exceeded the red line she had wrapped all around herself, and in the speed of a thrilled heartbeat, she gasped, hastily grasping my hand that had been cozily protecting her waist for less than a second, but only to threw it away to free herself from my embrace.

"I can't believe I forgot that today marks a whole one hundred days since we have been together!" In contrary to the scolding I expected to be met with, she exclaimed overzealously after she jumped off the bed and swung her body so she could meet my face again.

"Mhm, time really does fly," I stated quietly, placing an arm under my head after turning to sleep on my back.

"Tsk! You should be excited. We should celebrate it!" I was about to respond but soon reclosed my lips and pressed them into a thin line when a growl erupted from my angry stomach.

"Yoongi, please! Just hearing your stomach rumbling makes me even more hungry! I have been starving for hours already!" She crossed her arms, childishly huffing the strand of hair that glided down her face. But, she couldn't hold in her laughter, so she just gave up and started laughing as she made her way to my side of the bed, and clutched fiercely on my free arm to pull me out of the bed.

"Let's at least celebrate by feeding our poor stomachs!" She lazily jerked my arm a couple of times, throwing her head backwards.

"I don't have money." I playfully snatched my hand out of her grip, lifting my chin up and so my lips were pressed into a thin line.

"Neither do I. Can you believe?! I asked Sedra to lend me money before I came here but guess what?" She bent down to open the lamp next to me since it was getting too dark making it hard for us both to see each other's unnecessarily necessary reactions.

"What? She refused to lend you money?" I eyed her questioningly, annoyance invisibly lacing my voice.

She snickered. "Yeah! Honestly, if I were her I would never lend myself money again; I haven't paid what I borrowed for almost a year." She squeezed her eyes for a moment, heaving an inhale, causing her chest to expand dramatically.

"Don't stress yourself out, we will both find a job soon and we will have enough m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter