For First Time Lovers

YongSeo Playlist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For First Time Lovers

 

He was holding his cup of coffee tightly as he maneuvered his way across the busy street trying not to spill whatever is left of it while berating himself mentally for not paying attention. Lack of sleep can sure do wonders. He should’ve known when he mistakenly took someone else’s coffee and stormed out of the cafe. It took him all 10 seconds and whole block before he realized that he got a hot drink instead of his all-time favorite Iced Americano. What’s crazier is that he even took a cup sleeve for it. The first time he went out that week and he drink’s someone else’s coffee leaving whoever that someone puzzled or fuming mad. Or Both. Choose your fighter.

Great. He thought.

All he wanted was his drink to enjoy in that mid-autumn afternoon. An afternoon he felt he deserved after slaving away in the firm for that week due to a failed litigation which was mishandled by another firm. He was almost living in the office, working 38 hours a day since he’s also covering for one of his colleagues who had just got married and is on his honeymoon. That friend returned to work that morning so he was able to go home and claim that much needed rest and is now looking around for presents for his parent’s 35th wedding anniversary. His mother is very sensitive so “no present, just presence” is never an option. A force to reckon with. He and his sister learned that since birth.

As he was about to throw away the cup, a little girl came running from his side and tripped landing right in front of him. A milli second later a loud howl can be heard all over the park. He crouched down as he tried to help the little girl stand up profusely dusting off her now dirtied white overalls

“Are you okay?” he asked. The little girls kept crying “Who are you with?” he continued. He can see a woman running towards them in his peripheral view so he turned towards her. His eyebrow crunched as he sees a familiar figure approaching

“Oh my gosh Yumi, are you okay?”

“Mama!” the child cried as she held out her hand to be carried

The woman picked up the crying child and soothed her back while shushing her softly to stop crying. “It’s okay, you’re okay” she continuously cajoled.

The woman turned him and was surprised “Oppa!”

“I knew it!” he exclaimed

“How have you been Yong oppa?”

“Alive and well! And you? How have you been Seo Joohyun?”

She rolled her eyes smiling “Alive and well too! Tsk tsk You never change! I didn’t know your back”

“I have been back for quite a while now, I have been practicing here for like 10 years now”

“Seriously? Wow!” The child was now softly sobbing in Joohyun’s arms “Mama, I want to see the horse on the stick” pointing in that objects’ direction

Yonghwa followed where the finger was pointed and saw the carousel in the middle of the park. He chuckled and Joohyun laughed “Bunnie, that’s carousel not horse on a stick”

“I want to ride there” Yumi insisted.

Joohyun turned to Yonghwa “Thank you oppa, it’s nice seeing you after all these years”

He smiled “Me too Hyun, it has been like almost 20 years when we last saw each other”

“Sure is!”

“Why don’t I walk you two to the horse on a stick so we can talk more? You know catch up” then he hesitantly asked “Or is your husband with you?”

She shook her head “Nope, no husband”. He quickly took a glance at her left hand and found no wedding band. Some couples don’t wear any and her answer is a bit vague and he had no plans to further inquire.

“Let’s go then”

Joohyun out Yumi down after making sure she got over her small oo. As soon as her feet touch the ground, she immediately sprinted “Yumi be careful!” Joohyun shouted

“How old is she?” He asked as the walked side by side

“Four going to forty” she joked. “It’s my turn to take her out today so I took her for some ice cream. Her dad would probably kill me”

So there is it.

Dad.

“I’m pretty sure an ice cream here and there would be fine” he answered.

“Exactly! All kids love ice cream, I mean who doesn’t? Remember we used to get popsicles in that old store right beside the bakery? The one where the ajumma smoked like a chimney?”

“Of course! I used to go there to play those claw machines”

They settled on one of the vacant benches as they look at Yumi running around blowing bubbles

Yonghwa suddenly laughed “Remember the ring I gave you?”

Joohyun followed suit in laughter “I know! You got that ring there! I saw the others!”

“I wanted to give you something but I got no money so I have to improvise! You must admit that I was pretty smooth back there”

Joohyun smirked “yeah so smooth, getting your girl a ring from the claw machine. Very elegant Jung Yonghwassi”

“It’s the thought that counts”

“Yeah yeah whatever!” and they continued laughing. “Are you still in touch with anyone from highschool?” she asked

“Only 2. Remember Minhyuk and Jungshin?”

“Yes! Really? How are they?”

Yonghwa sat back comfortably and Joohyun did the same. “Minhyuk is currently working for a bank. Got 1 kid and 1 on the way. Jungshin just got married and is working under the same law firm as me.”

“You mean you both got into law school?” her eyes got round in amazement.

He swears they still sparkle as before. It was the same sparkle that had him falling. HARD.

“Yes, you know always wanted to be a lawyer but ever imagine that punk being one?”

Joohyun giggled “Never in a million years. I would even think he’d put out his own mafia group”

“Same, but yes, there he is with all his law degree glory, how about you? Still in touch with anyone?”

“Yup! Lot’s of them. I stayed longer in town remember? After you and your family left, we stayed for like 5 years or more, I think? The old house is still there but my aunt and her family are living there. We move to the city since dad was relocated. It was a wise choice given that it’s closer to med school.”

“You mean you went to m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter