Round 02

Eight Hundred
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Hundred

-Round 02-

Fight!

The Boundary

-------

Mo Yeon was quite thrilled, to think that someone like Han Suk Won, who has a higher position than her own boss would take notice of her and ask her out. He may be lacking in the looks department but he’s definitely not lacking when it comes to wealth.

‘Si Jin is way more good looking though. Heol, stop it, Kang Mo Yeon!’ She shook her head rapidly to erase those thoughts from her mind, she shouldn’t be lingering on that and should be starting to get ready instead. She should wear the dress that she bought last month for this occasion and a light makeup would do, Mo Yeon thought that a subtle beautiful look would be perfect as she doesn’t want to be pictured as too eager.

Their date would be a dinner at the SkyPark Hotel and she was astonished when she first heard it from him, she wouldn’t have never guessed he will take her to a fancy restaurant on their first date, she got used to eating at cheap ramen restaurants with Si Jin you see.

Speaking of her best friend, she needs his opinion right now as a guy. Picking up her phone and sending him a quick message, she waited for about three minutes before she heard her doorbell ringing. Smiling, she took one long last look at the mirror to check her reflection before making her way to open the door.

Si Jin was ready to make fun of his best friend but his words got caught up in his throat when she opened her door. There was his best friend alright, but he never expected her to be this, if he was honest, pretty. ‘Since when did she become this pretty?’

Noting his silence as a sign of his appreciation, Mo Yeon grinned at him with her eyes full of mirth.

“Am I too pretty that you’re actually starstruck right now? Heol, the mighty Yoo Si Jin, starstrucked? Jinjjayo?” She teased and laughed when she saw him gulp before he replied.

“Go change.” He can’t let her go out like that as she said, she’s too pretty.

“So I do look pretty. Did I make your heart flutter?” Was her cheeky response.

“Why are you even trying to be pretty?” He was really curious as to who this guy is and does Mo Yeon like him so much that she will exert this amount of effort on their first date.

“I’m not trying to be pretty, I was born to be pretty,” she replied as she cupped both of her cheeks and batted her eyelashes at him.

“I can hit girls too you know.” He raised his clenched fist, ready to strike.

“Hit me then,” she challenged although she fully knows that he can’t do it. She started walking towards the bus stop and he only looked at her in aggravation before following her.

“Haish! Change your clothes.” He pushed again when he caught up with her.

“See you later, jagi!” As if on cue, the bus arrived and Mo Yeon went inside right away, laughing the whole time.

“Yah! Don’t call me jagi and come back here! Yah!” He tried to chase after the vehicle but gave up when it picked up its speed. Huffing, he gave it one last withering glare before sighing and making his way back to his apartment.

-------

Mo Yeon never expected this setting, she had never felt this astounded in her whole life. By the time she got to the hotel, she asked for instructions on how to get to the restaurant but she changed her plans when she received a message from her date to come to his hotel room. Thinking that he was still not ready, she blindly followed his instructions, only to be surprised when he saw him there, sitting at his couch wearing merely a dress shirt and slacks and seemingly waiting for her.

“Suk Won Ssi?”

“Hey, Mo Yeon. Come here,” he said as he opened her arms and waited for her to come to him.

Mo Yeon’s blood ran cold. She prayed that it was only a misunderstanding on her part and he actually have planned to take her out to dinner.

“Is this what I think this is? How about dinner?”

“We could always order after we’re finished here.”

“And that’s all? Not even a little bit of romance?” She was perplexed, her initial thoughts on him were that he’s a nice guy, he seemed so when he asked her out.

Suk Won laughed, “I can be romantic while doing it. Do you want to take a shower first?”

Mo Yeon confirmed her suspicions.

“I’m sorry, Suk Won Ssi, but I think you have the wrong impression of me. I’m not that kind of girl.” She was about to leave but his voice stopped her in her tracks.

“If you’re not willing to do it without any incentive then, how much do you want me to pay you?”

“Mwo?” She did a double take, his words were downright imprudent and she can’t help but grit her teeth in frustration, she remained silent though.

“I said how much? I would be willing to pay as long as it’s reasonable.”

She could feel a prickle of tear at the back of her eyes but she held them back, she wouldn’t ever let this jerk see her vulnerable. She composed herself and turned around while putting on a fake smile. When Suk Won saw it, he smiled too and beckoned her to come closer.

“I knew you’d come around, you’re a very sensible woman, Kang Mo Yeon.”

“I am right? Since I’ll be doing this.” She smiled before raising her bag above her head and hitting him square in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter