Round 03

Eight Hundred
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eight Hundred

-Round 03-

Fight!

Sometimes Friends, Sometimes Lovers

-------
 

Han Suk Won flinched as he tried to clench his jaw and as much as his pride hurts to admit it, the jerk can actually land a punch and that punch dealt an adequate amount of damage.

He looked at the said person who is currently locked inside a prison cell as he answers the questions of the police officer in front of him and gave him a smirk. ‘Serves him right.’

Whereas, Mo Yeon was outside the police station, currently trying to contact either Dae Young or Myeong Ju and breathed a sigh of relief when Dae Young finally picked up on the fourth ring.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Dae Young Ah, are you busy right now? Can you please come pick us up?” There was a few seconds of silence before she heard a sigh from the other line.

“What did Si Jin do this time?”

Mo Yeon bit her lip in hesitation before answering, “well… he, sort of, punched my date and now he’s, kind of, in jail so we need someone to bail him out. I can’t because I’m… uhm… involved in the situation too.”

“Mo Yeon,” She heard Dae Young start with regret, “I’m very sorry but I can’t go out right now. It’s dinner already and there’s a lot of customers here. I don’t think Myeong Ju can come either as she’s more busy than I am. I’m really sorry.” Mo Yeon gave a grimace of disappointment but she understood.

“Arasso, Dae Young Ah but please don’t tell Myeong-Myeong about this okay?” She tried to be keep her tone neutral but she knows Dae Young can detect the disappointment in it but he chose to say nothing.

“Copy that.” He replied before ending the call.

Mo Yeon gave a dissatisfied sigh as she stared at the screen for a few seconds before entering the building to look for Suk Won, she decided that she would be the one to fix this.

Si Jin saw her enter and was about to call her out, but she looked at him before he can and gave him a look which shut him up. She made her way to Suk Won who was seated in front of a police officer as he complained while the police officer nodded and wrote a few things down.

Just as she was about to reach Suk Won, he turned in time and gave her a glare when he noticed her. Mo Yeon flinched as she saw the nasty bruise that is starting to form on both sides of his swelling jaw and prayed that she will be able to get them out of this mess. She can’t help but marvel though at how a few punches from Si Jin could deal that much damage.

“Kang Mo Yeon, come here.” Suk Won demanded.

“Yes, manager Han.” She gave a polite bow before moving closer.

“Do you see this?” He pointed at the bruise on his jaw. “It hurts to even talk. I expect you to take full responsibility for this.”

Si Jin couldn’t help but speak up when he heard that. “Yah! I’m the one who punched you, why would Mo Yeon take responsibility?”

Both Suk Won and Mo Yeon looked at him, one with annoyance and the other with dread.

“Then can I expect you to say sorry to me instead?” Suk Won raised a single eyebrow as he challenged Si Jin.

“Why would I say sorry? You hurt her.” Si Jin countered.

“You’re too concerned for her, I didn’t even hurt her that much. Are you her boyfriend? Her husband?”

“I’m her guardian!” was Si Jin’s immediate denial and Mo Yeon wants to do nothing else but to smack him right now.

Suk Won laughed a little but didn’t reply any further as he turned his attention to Mo Yeon again.

“As I was saying before we got rudely interrupted, I’m expecting you to take responsibility for this.”

Mo Yeon doesn’t feel too good about the way Suk Won is looking at her but she’s aware that she can’t complain right now.

“How should I take responsibility, sir?” The smirk that formed in his lips made her regret asking the question right away.

“You can start by getting down on your knees and begging for forgiveness.” Suk Won replied smoothly.

“Mwo?!” was Si Jin’s outraged outburst while Mo Yeon can only blink.

“I’m serious.” Suk Won stared at her as she stared back and deducted that he was serious about this order and that she has no other choice but to comply.

Mo Yeon bit her lip to stop the tears from falling down, she can’t show any signs of weakness right now, and did as she was told.

Suk Won smirked as he watched the woman get down on her knees all the while looking down.

Si Jin rattled the cell bars in uttermost aggravation at the sight in front of him, although he has no choice but to look away as he couldn’t stand seeing his best friend in a situation like this.

“I’m not even interested in you anymore, you may be pretty but that’s all you have. You’re not even y enough.” He spit while Si Jin gritted his teeth as Suk Won continued to slander his best friend and speak with contempt in his voice.

“Why aren’t you begging for forgiveness like I asked you. Do you want your friend to be locked up in here for the rest of his life?”

“Yah. Stop it.” Si Jin finally broke his silence. Enough is enough, he couldn’t let this scum insult his best friend anymore.

“Hey, you crybaby, stand up already.” He looked at Mo Yeon as he voiced his demand and the confidence in his voice made Suk Won gawk at him in utter disbelief, how can he still be this commanding when it’s clear that he’s at a disadvantage right now.

“You lunatic,” Suk Won clicked his tongue, the pain in his jaws momentarily forgotten as he shook his head, still in disbelief, “do you think you have the right to say that?”

“Shut up before I beat you up again.” Si Jin’s tone was flat when he replied and that only made Suk Won angrier, he reckoned that this guy might actually want to go to jail as he is seriously testing his patience right now.

“Wow,” was all he could say in reply as he then turned to the police officer. “S, look at him. See how rude he is? I guess it would be best that you keep him locked up here so he could learn a thing or two when it comes to manners, am I right?”

“I’m serious, stop it right now,” Si Jin spoke through gritted teeth, venom obvious in his voice before it softened a bit as he turned to the kneeling woman who still haven’t said a word since the start of their exchange.

“Kang Mo Yeon, stand up.” He commanded again but his voice is different compared to how it is with Suk Won, it was a tad softer now, as if he’s gently coaxing her to adhere to his order but still couldn’t keep his frustration bottled up.

“You’re really fearless aren’t you? What’s your name again? Yoo Si Jin? I’ll be sure to remember that when I file my complaint.” Suk Won threatened but it fell on deaf ears as the person he’s speaking to is still focused to the woman that he went on a date with.

“Mo Yeon, for the last time, stand up.”

Suk Won gritted his teeth, he is a very forgiving person in nature, he even tried to ask them in a nice way but all he got is this guy ignoring him. “Okay then. Mo Yeon, do as he says and officers, I’ll be filing a-”

“I’m very sorry, manager Han! Please forgive our rudeness.” Everyone stopped, shocked at the sudden outburst. They turned in sync to Mo Yeon who kept her head down still whilst spewing a string of apologies. Suk Won sneered at her while Si Jin narrowed his eyes, she shouldn’t be the one apologising, it should be the one who is sneering.

“Please overlook what my friend has just said, he doesn’t mean any of it. He has troubles controlling his temper you see,” Mo Yeon continued.

Si Jin could only continue to stare at her, mouth agape and mind loss for words. “Mo Yeon, what are you doing…”

“Please also forgive me for thinking that I am equal to your level, and for everything that my friend and I have said that might’ve hurt you and for any harm that we did. I sincerely offer you my heartfelt apology, manager Han, and I’ll hope you’ll reconsider your decision.” She finally ended her speech but didn’t make any move to stand. It was silent for a little while before a harsh and derisive laugh broke through.

“You’re really a wise woman, Kang Mo Yeon!” Suk Won mocked while ignoring the pain in his jaws, as he gave her a series of claps before turning to the shell-shocked Si Jin. “Yah, you should learn from your friend.” He gave another jeering laugh before stating, “I’ll drop any charges, sir. I want to go home now and take a shower. I might have contacted a few germs from being touched by such dirt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter