two.

Oblivion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Are you all set?” Doyeon’s mother asked her as Doyeon remained sitting down in her bed, staring right outside the window. She continued to think about what exactly happened to her during the past night.

After Seongwoo and Doyeon promised one another, they suddenly parted ways. To be specific, Seongwoo suggested they end their conversation there, so Doyeon could have a good night’s sleep with no worries in the upcoming morning. As Doyeon took four steps towards the door, she turned around to look back at Seongwoo, but he was suddenly gone. He had vanished into the air and it was as if he was never there in the first place.

“Do you hear me?” Her mother reached out for Doyeon’s hand, which lead her to break out of her thoughts and become slightly shocked from the sudden movement. “I didn’t mean to scare you, honey. Things must still be rough, huh?”

“No, I’m fine. Don’t worry about me!” Doyeon responded back with a small smile.

“That’s good to hear. If you need anyone to talk to about the accident, just tell me. I don’t want to rush you, so feel free to tell me whenever you have the power to.” She pulled Doyeon into an embracing hug as she continued to rub her back.

“I would tell you, but I have no idea what happened.” Doyeon thought to herself, but didn’t say a single word in reality.

“Let’s get going! Your brother is waiting inside the car, so we need to quickly take him to school. It’s a little too soon for you to start going to school, so how about you and me go out for the day?”

“That sounds amazing.”

Following the conversation, Doyeon said farewell to the hospital she once stayed at and left for good. The day went smoothly as she dropped off her brother and spent the whole day with her mother. This was a woman that Doyeon completely didn’t know, but she felt an immediate connection as they bonded over fashion, food and any other topic that ran through their head as they walked down the busy streets of Seoul.

Once it was the afternoon, the pair arrived back home as they set all of their belongings on the living room couch. “It’s about time I go pick up your brother and his friend.” Her mother said as she looked at the time on her cellphone.

“His friend is going to hang out at our house today?” Doyeon wondered.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you this! I haven’t been able to tell you what’s exactly happening since you’ve been in the hospital receiving multiple treatment, so it never ran through my head.” She sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to her, indicating for Doyeon to come sit with her. “Your brother’s friend is going to stay with us for a while. His parent’s are currently living overseas due to their business, so when Jaehwan told me about this, I offered his friend to come live with us. It’ll be great because we’ll be helping his friend out and we do have an extra room in our apartment!”

“Ah, I see.”

“You won’t be uncomfortable, right?”

“No, I won’t! Like I said before, don’t worry about me.”

“Alright, if that’s what you say. I’ll go pick up your brother and his friends, I believe his other friend is coming over too, but just to hang out. After that, I’ll be going out with your aunt, so don’t let your brother do anything dumb at home!” Her mother then got off the couch and ran off to the door because by the time their little talk was over, she was already late to pick up Jaehwan from school.

 

< : >

 

“Let’s play some games, shall we?” Jaehwan busted the door open while two figures followed his footsteps. He kicked his shoes off, threw his backpack on the ground and jumped on top of the couch, disturbing Doyeon as she was sitting there in peace while watching a intriguing Korean drama.

“Why are you trying to play games when you know I’m watching T.V. right now?” Doyeon said with a very annoyed expression. She rolled her eyes once she spotted Jaehwan next to her on the couch. “Mom said not to do anything dumb, but your existence is the most dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in my whole life.”

“Just go watch this show on your phone in your room. Hello, I have company over and I have to cater to them. If they want to play games, then playing games is what we we’re going to do!” Jaehwan swatted Doyeon away. Being as irritated as ever, Doyeon stood up and was going to proceed to her room, but stopped in a matter of seconds as she rose her head up and saw a familiar figure in her very own living room.

“It’s you!” Doyeon loudly spoke out as she poin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter