three.

Oblivion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

As the three young boys continued to play games in the living room, Doyeon quietly kept to herself and stayed in her room. She peacefully laid in her bed as she wondered about her occurrence, this was all before her peace was broken by a knock at the door. “Come in.” Doyeon spoke out from her bed as a male figure came walking in, closing the door behind him. In front of her door was the very own Minhyun.

“Have you been doing well?” Minhyun asked as he stood in front of Doyeon’s door.

After seeing Minhyun, Doyeon quickly got up and properly sat down on her bed. She was expecting it to be Seongwoo with more shocking news or maybe Jaehwan complaining about the smallest things. Never has she thought that it’d be Minhyun and him all by himself. Without making it noticable, she tried to brush out her hair as she wanted to seem presentable in front of him, instead of looking like a lazy slob she was just a moment ago. “Yeah, I’ve been doing well. Thanks for asking.” Doyeon patted down the empty spot next to her, indicating for Minhyun to come sit down instead of being a stiff ice sculpture in front of the door. From her observation, it seemed like her and Minhyun must’ve been close in the past. It wasn’t everyday that a boy would just randomly touch a girl if he didn’t even know her, Doyeon thought.

A smile crept upon Minhyun’s lip as he sat next to Doyeon on her bed. “That’s good to hear. I want you to know that I really care about you.” Suddenly, Minhyun grabbed a strand of Doyeon’s hair and tucked it behind her ear. Doyeon’s cover was blown and he had noticed that she was attempting to fix her hair, so he wanted to contribute. Startled by this, Doyeon froze up and just stared at Minhyun with her wide bold eyes. “Sorry about that.” He pulled his hand away and lightly laughed to himself to cover up his act. “I just miss you, that’s all.”

“Who is Minhyun and why does he care for me unlike others?” Doyeon thought to herself in a split second. “N-N-No, that’s alright. I don’t mind.” She stuttered out loud and Minhyun couldn’t help but to chuckle because he found her so adorable.

“You don’t usually stutter. Is it because I finally got you under my spell?” Minhyun came closer to Doyeon, closing the gap in between them.

“Excuse me?” Doyeon was confused, but that didn’t take away the fact that her heart was beating crazily. She couldn’t tell if her heart was a skipping beat because Minhyun, a good looking young male, was coming closer to her or perhaps because she might’ve liked him before. It’s something that her mind didn’t know, but maybe her heart still remembers.

“Please don’t tell me you’re playing dumbfounded again. It’s cute and all, but you’re just giving me mixed signals” As Minhyun’s face was breaking the space, Doyeon would move back as she didn’t know what to do in the moment. Continuing to move back, Doyeon ended up flopping onto her bed because there was nowhere else to move back to. In the matter of seconds, Minhyun was on top of her, staring deeply into her eyes as Doyeon was previously doing so to him. “Do you have an answer yet?”

She turned her head and faced the wall as she couldn’t get herself to look up at Minhyun. “I don’t have an answer for you.” Doyeon simply said. Her statement was completely true, she didn’t have an answer for him because she unambiguously had no idea what the question was to begin with. It was as if she was called on to answer a question in class that she didn’t hear because she was too busy napping. The question Minhyun was clearly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter