007

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

007

 

 

Author’s POV

            Winter had come and all the students were already in the holiday mood. Even the teachers were cutting their classes short to not spoil the excitement. The students were busy running around the school, activating their holiday energy. Some were begging their teachers to not leave any homework to fully utilize their holiday, some were listing the Christmas gift they wished to have, and some were spending their remaining time with friends before the holiday began. That was exactly what Jiyeon and Seongwoo were doing. They were in the classroom sitting facing each other. Jiyeon was sharing her hot packs with Seongwoo while the guy was showing some funny faces to entertain Jiyeon. She was laughing so wholeheartedly, somehow amused that Seongwoo was abusing his handsome face by making ugly expressions.

“What are you guys doing?” Jisoo appeared and joined them.

“I’m entertaining Jiyeon.” Seongwoo answered, still happily smiling after making Jiyeon laughed.

“Is that something to be proud of?” Jisoo jeered.

“Yes it is. Why? Are you jealous?” Seongwoo jutted his lips, teasing Jisoo.

“No! Why would I?” Jisoo rolled her eyes, “Where’s Sehun by the way?” She asked while her eyes wandered around the classroom, looking for the ever busy man.

Ding Dong Ding!

Right at that moment a sound indicating an announcement echoed through the speakers around the school, including the corridor outside the classroom they’re at, “Ehem, hello and good day fellow students.” A voice greeted.

“There he is.” Seongwoo answered Jisoo’s question as Sehun’s voice was echoing through the corridor.

“Student representative Oh Sehun talking. Here’s an important announcement for all. Today is the last day of school before winter break begins,” Sehun announced and the corridor was then filled with loud cheers from the students, “I just wanna wish you a very happy holiday and take care!” Sehun ended his short announcement which was happily received by the students.

“Whoa, he sounded so cool. I’m not even jealous of him because of how unreachable his standard is.” Seongwoo fanboyed over his own best friend.

“You’re not so bad too, Seongwoo. If you are the same as Sehun, who will entertain me and willingly sacrifice his handsome face to give us the laugh?” Jiyeon complimented whilst showing her sincere smile.

“Awhhh Jiyeon~” Seongwoo showed a touched face but still seemed quite funny while his hands reached out to Jiyeon’s, “You’re so sweet! Please compliment me more!” He cutely said.

Jisoo frowned in disbelief before she decided to give Seongwoo a painful smack on his arm, “Don’t do that disgusting aegyo face ever again. That’s so gross!”

“Ouch! That hurts! Why would you hit me that hard? Stop being jealous of us!” Seongwoo yelled.

“Hey guys, what’s with the fuss? Aren’t you guys supposed to be happy that the winter break has begun?” Sehun finally came back and joined them.

“I can only be happy if my life is taking a break from Jisoo.” Seongwoo stuck out his tongue at Jisoo.

“Me either!” She replied, didn’t wanna give up.

“Stop bickering guys. I have an amazing idea. Let’s go celebrate the beginning of our break tomorrow, together. It’s our first winter with Jiyeon.” Sehun suggested, and his eyes were staring straight into Jiyeon’s.

“I’m in!” Seongwoo was always ready for a fun.

“Count me in!” And the same goes with Jisoo.

“I would love to.” Jiyeon happily agreed, was somehow excited about her first winter with her new life.

 

----------------------------------------

 

            The four friends arrived at a park that night, enjoying their first day of winter break together. After spending the whole day in the shopping mall to shop for Christmas gifts, Jisoo brought them to a park near her house so they can play there. The park was beautifully decorated with white lights. Jiyeon was slightly running to the park while childishly clapping her hands. Her friends only chuckled to see the side of Jiyeon they never saw before as she was always with her timid and gloomy self. Being too excited, Jiyeon accidentally stumbled onto a pile of snow and fell onto her face.

“Jiyeon!” The three friends worriedly called.

Sehun was running at the most front towards Jiyeon who was now confusedly sitting on the ground after getting up from the fall. He kneeled in front of Jiyeon and only curled a light smile seeing snows stuck on her cheeks and nose, “You should be careful,” Sehun told while he removed the snows from Jiyeon’s face.

“I’m sorry…” Jiyeon apologized while Sehun stood up and help her to stand to.

“It’s okay. Don’t catch a cold.” Sehun said while his hands were busy fixing Jiyeon’s scarf and winter coat after swiping away the snows on the coat.

“Jiyeon are you okay?” Seongwoo approached together with Jisoo with a worried face.

“Yes I’m completely okay.” Jiyeon eagerly nodded.

“Then let’s go play!” Seongwoo then grabbed Jiyeon’s arm and pulled her to the middle of the park. Sehun and Jisoo just watched their two friends happily having snowball fights.

“Jiyeon seems livelier than how I remember she was when you first brought her to us.” Jisoo stated.

Sehun curled a proud smile as his eyes never left Jiyeon who was running away from Seongwoo, “I know right. She was so vulnerable back then, scared of the world. Seeing her smiling more than usual, I’m grateful.”

Jisoo just nodded as a reply. She looked at Sehun and noticed how his eyes were fixed on Jiyeon. A meaningful smile appeared on her face and she then nudged Sehun to get his attention, “Hey Sehun, do you have something you want to tell me? What is that honey-dripping gaze for?” She teased.

“Was it obvious?” Sehun chuckled, realized that he was caught.

“I know you since we’re child and I never saw you staring at anyone like that.” Jisoo pointed out.

“Let’s sit first.” Sehun placed his hand on Jisoo’s back and led her to the nearest bench, “First of all, I’m so thankful you and Seongwoo gladly accepted Jiyeon when I first introduced her to you guys.” Sehun began as soon as both of them took a seat side by side on a bench.

“Come to think of it, Jiyeon didn’t talk much about her life. And you didn’t tell us anything too, about how she ended living with you. Is there anything I should know, Sehun?” Jisoo curiously asked.

Sehun just curled a fatherly smile and his gaze was shifted towards Jiyeon who was building a snowman with Seongwoo, “Jiyeon… she’s so precious to me.”

“Ohoo~ what is this?” Jisoo teasingly pushed Sehun’s shoulder.

“Shut up Jisoo,” Sehun chuckled, “When I first brought Jiyeon to my house, for the first time I felt so so proud of myself. For the first time I dared myself to do something right because I wanted to, not because my parents told me to. That quick decision I made, actually shined a new light in my life. I’m somehow inspired by genuine and grateful Jiyeon is. You know what? Her parents died, and she suffered domestic violence for years, and harassed and tortured, physically and mentally.”

“Oh my god…” Jisoo covered as she looked at Jiyeon in disbelief, “And she was still smiling when life had been so tough on her?”

“I know right? She told me, at least I have parents to tell me what to do and to decide my life because she doesn’t have one. She’s going through tough times, has more problems to be worried of, harsh memories that stay like a scar, but still willingly offered to help and support me.” Sehun’s voice sounded poignant as he talked.

“She once told me that if I need someone to talk, she’ll be there for me. At that time I thought she’s such a sweet girl. But now I realize she was just too nice, and she probably appreciates everything she has around her right now more than we did. Because we didn’t experience hardships like she had to.” Jisoo voiced out her thought.

Sehun nodded, agreed, “You’re right, she’s obviously grateful with us and everything she has around her right now, but I was a jerk and I hurt her because I misunderstood her. Even so, she still forgives me and curled that sweet smile like nothing happened. But still, my heart fluttered…” Sehun whispered the last part but Jisoo managed to catch that.

“What did you say just now Sehun? I think I heard that?” Jisoo asked, amused.

Sehun rubbed his nape and curled a sheepish smile, “Lately, my heart feels weird. I always wanna make sure that Jiyeon is happy and I just wanna protect her. I can’t get my sight of her. I love seeing her smile. And… And…”

Sehun couldn’t finish his words while Jisoo was watching him with a meaningful smile, “And what? And what Sehunnie?!” Jisoo impatiently exclaimed while shaking Sehun’s body.

“And… I always feel like having her close to me. I mean… in my arms… arghhh I’m going crazy!!!” Sehun shouted in embarrassment.

“KYAAA!!!” Jisoo also shouted, but an excited one, “Yah you’re in love!” She added.

“Shhh!” Sehun desperately covered Jisoo’s mouth with his palm, “Be careful with your words!” He whispered.

Attracted by noises made by the two people, Jiyeon and Seongwoo neglected their snowman and ran towards Sehun and Jisoo, “You guys okay?” Jiyeon worriedly asked.

“Yes! We’re fine, just fine.” Sehun urgently nodded while Seongwoo was eyeing them with a sharp curious gaze.

Jisoo who had succeeded pushing away Sehun’s palm from then heaved in a long breath, “He’s bullying me!” She then claimed.

“Huh?! When did I?” Sehun shot a questioning gaze towards Jisoo.

“The whole time.” Jisoo playfully wriggled her brows while Sehun was left dumbfounded.

“Ahhh, this call for a punishment. You can’t bully a girl.” Seongwoo talked while his hands were busy gathering snow, forming a snowball.

Realizing the situation, Jisoo quickly left the bench an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter