004

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

004

 

 

Author’s POV

“Well… I was trying to hook you up with Jiyeon.”

Seongwoo was speechless for a few seconds when he heard Sehun’s answer on his question. He suspiciously glared at his friend, thinking of a suitable reply to the sudden answer. He contemplated for a second before he finally talked.

“What?” And that’s the only thing that came out of his mouth because he’s too surprised to say anything else.

“I know it’s kinda sudden and random, but you like her right? It’s good that Jiyeon now know your feelings so she can soon open up her heart for you.” Sehun reasoned and the confused Seongwoo was speechless again.

“Yeah… buy why?” He asked.

“Because I want you two to be together.” Sehun answered.

“Well… I appreciate your help, but like I said before we’ve been friends since child and this is so not you! You’re not the type sticking your nose into someone else’s business! When did you change?” Seongwoo asked another question.

“I don’t know! I just want to make Jiyeon happy.” Sehun unconsciously blurted out.

“Wait. Is Jiyeon unhappy?” Seongwoo frowned.

“Ugh why did I say that?!” Sehun scolded himself.

“You better tell me Oh Sehun.” The serious Seongwoo appeared.

“Okay. She has family problem which is the reason why she’s living in my house now. And she’s unhappy because of that. Now promise me, never mention or ask Jiyeon anything about her family.”

“Okay I promise. So now you’re implying here that she’ll be happy if she’s with me?”

“Sort of.” Sehun half-heartedly answered as he saw Seongwoo’s expression becoming somewhat proud.

“You’re awesome Sehun. You know my ability of inserting happiness to someone’s life. Thus, that’s what I’m gonna do to Jiyeon now. Excuse me while I go and make her happy.”

Seongwoo shot a wide grin to Sehun before he turned and left back to the cafeteria. Sehun just sighed and shook his head before he too left the hallway but to the classroom instead, “I hope I did something right.”

 

-----------------------------------------

 

            Sehun and Jiyeon arrived at home that day right before dinner. Sehun just smiled as he saw his parents’ car parked in front of the bungalow, meaning that his parents were already home. They walked side by side into the house while laughing as both just received funny pictures of Seongwoo in the group chat. Their lively laughs generated friendly atmosphere which Sehun’s parents who were sitting in the common room happened to notice.

“You’re home. I see you guys are having fun at school today seeing how bright you both seemed.” Sehun’s mother greeted as the two youngsters approached.

“Yeah, it’s kinda fun today. We got some free times because the teachers were on meeting.” Sehun answered.

“Oh I see. Anyways, dinner’s ready and we’ve been waiting for you. Go upstairs and get ready for dinner.” His father then said in which both nodded as a reply.

 

            Sehun and Jiyeon came out from their rooms together and walked down the stairs towards the dining table together as well. The elders just watched while Sehun took his seat as usual facing his mother while Jiyeon timidly sat next to Sehun as she noticed he signaled her to sit there. Once everyone had settled at the table, then they began eating.

“Eat a lot Jiyeon. Both of you need to eat lots because you’re still growing up.” Sehun’s mother said as she shoved side dishes towards Sehun and Jiyeon.

“Thanks. It’s delicious.” Jiyeon shyly talked, making Sehun’s parents smiled softly at her never ending shyness.

“How’s your counseling session with Dr. Kim going, Jiyeon? Any changes?” Sehun’s father began asking.

“It definitely helps me, although sometimes I still have trouble sleeping at night. Dr. Kim said I will constantly improve if I keep up with his sessions and with the help of people around me. But I feel better now, as if half of the burdens have already been lifted up from my shoulders. For that, I wanna thank all of you here for being so nice by helping a stranger like me. Not many people are willing to do this even for their own family members.” Jiyeon said and a bitter smile appeared on her face.

“We’re glad to help you Jiyeon. Don’t mind it.” Sehun assured.

“From now on, just think of us as your own family. Sehun’s mother here had always complained about wanting a daughter because Sehun is lame she said. Now you’re here, I think she has a lot of things to do with you.” Sehun’s father said, slightly laughing.

“Yes! I thought of going shopping with you this weekend Jiyeon.” Sehun’s mother informed.

“She’ll go to visit art gallery with Seongwoo this Saturday.” Sehun told.

“Really? Sounds fun, then let’s just go shopping tomorrow after school. I’ll pick you up.”

“Can I join?” Sehun asked and his mother just nodded.

“By the way, how’s Jisoo and Seongwoo? It’s been long since they last visited us here. Maybe you can invite them to come this Sunday. We can throw a small welcoming party for Jiyeon, only among us.” His father suddenly suggested.

“Party? Sounds great! What do you say Jiyeon?” Sehun excitedly looked at Jiyeon who seemed rather awkward.

“I’m fine… as long as it does not trouble anyone.” She shyly answered.

“No of course no.” Sehun’s mother said.

“By the way, there’s a wild rumor about me and Jisoo going around the school. The students think very creatively. They said Jisoo and I are meant for each other as allegedly our parents had planned it since we’re child. I mean, I myself never heard of such things coming from you guys.” Sehun told while laughing, thinking that it’s funny.

He expected the parents to at least laugh because he thought it’s such a ridiculous rumor, but the parents didn’t say anything. Instead, they just stared at Sehun before changing gazes between themselves. Sehun nervously looked at both of his parents and then at Jiyeon who seemed as confused as he was, but she was always confused so it’s not weird.

“Let me guess, it’s not just a rumor and you guys did have such plan?” Sehun broke the silence.

“I think the students just made up the story for fun, but it’s surprising because we did talk to Jisoo’s parents about this before.” His father answered.

The confusion on Jiyeon’s face disappeared as she finally understood the situation. She looked at Sehun next to her and he seemed too surprised to say anything. No one could read what was inside his mind right now because he only showed a blank face upon hearing the news. After a while, Sehun finally nodded understandingly.

“I see. So I am meant to marry Jisoo someday?” He finally talked.

“Of course. You guys are made for each other. You guys always played bride and groom during your childhood and we thought why not make it come true. You and Jisoo always looked so good together! Right Jiyeon?” His mother then excitedly fangirled over the thought of his son with Jisoo.

“Yes. Sehun and Jisoo do look good together.” Jiyeon agreed.

“Do you not like it Sehun?” His father suddenly asked the question as he noticed Sehun didn’t show a very good expression.

“No no no,” He denied, “It’s too sudden that I am still surprised. This is a good news, can’t wait to tell Jisoo.” Sehun finally curled a smile.

“Good then. Now finish your food.”

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

            I was sitting in front of a white dressing table in my room, well basically not my room but the room that Sehun’s family let me stay. I was staring at reflection in the mirror with a lot of thoughts filling my head right now. I looked at myself in the mirror that seemed like a whole different person. I was never this calm, composed, and maybe bright I would say. Yes, because my life before wasn’t as easy as right now. It was still quite amusing to me how my life took a turn like this. My hopeless and helpless life was suddenly filled with hopes and loves. I who had always been surrounded by bad people was suddenly surrounded by all the good people now.

Knock! Knock!

Someone knocked the door and Sehun’s mother then entered with a wide smile on her face. I replied with a smile too as I quickly stood up from my seat.

“No no no just sit down.” She urged as she slightly ran towards me and stood behind me. Our eyes met in the mirror and she was still smiling, “You’re wearing the clothes we bought at the mall together last Tuesday right? As expected it looks so good on you.”

“Yes. Thanks to you for choosing and buying me such beautiful clothes. I could only dream of wearing this kind of clothes be—”

“Uhm no, forget about the past. Now you’re staying here, I want you to start a new life with a whole new you. Now! Since you’re going out for a date with Seongwoo, put on some makeup too. You’ll look more beautiful.” She said and she began taking the makeup stuffs she bought for me before.

“Actually… it’s not a date. He’s just bringing me to an arts gallery.” I corrected but she didn’t seem to hear me or she just pretended to not hear me because she just kept pressing the cushion foundation onto my face.

“Finish off with this lip tint and you’re good to go!” She exclaimed as she gently applied a lip tint onto my lips.

“Thanks.” I’ll just at least thank her for being so nice to me.

“You’re so beautiful Jiyeon,” She began cupping my face, looked straight into my eyes, and a motherly smile appeared on her face. I could feel my tears were urging themselves to come out because after so long, I could finally feel like having a mother again, “Don’t cry Jiyeon. You should always be happy.” She said and I’m pretty sure she saw right through me that I was holding myself from crying.

“I just miss my mother. But I know she must be watching me with a smile now because I’m not lonely anymore.”

“Because we’re all gonna be by your side from now on. I promise I would do anything to ensure your happiness, Jiyeon.” She finished my sentence.

“I don’t know how to thank you more, but you’ve done everything that is more than enough for happiness.”

Beep!

The sound of new message from my phone broke our conversation. I checked the message which was from Seongwoo, saying he’s downstairs waiting for me.

“Seongwoo’s here?” Sehun’s mother questioned.

“Yes, he is.” I answered.

“Then you should go now! Don’t keep him waiting.”

I saw she took my handbag, also the one she bought for me, and shoved some makeup into the bag as well as my phone before handing the bag to me. Before I could thank her, she had already shoved my back outside the room. We walked down the stairs together where I noticed Seongwoo was already there with Sehun and his father. They were just staring at us and I could feel my face was getting hot when all of them made a surprised face. Did I look weird with makeup? Or was it these clothes? I began asking myself those questions until we arrived in at those guys.

“I know, she’s beautiful right?” Sehun’s mother suddenly praised me and I was so embarrassed right now.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter