018

Forbidden Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

018

 

I have songs prepared for you guys :)

 

 

 

Author’s POV

It was a peaceful morning at Jisoo’s house that morning after a tense night. Jisoo and her father were serving breakfast on the dining table like any normal morning. However, both obviously refrained from talking about the event occurring the night before. Jiyeon was locking herself in the guest room she’s staying at since they brought her home last night. They knew it’s best to give Jiyeon all the time she needed to calm down instead of pestering her with questions. They just finished serving the foods on the table when both noticed Jiyeon was timidly approaching them wearing a sad smile on her face.

“Morning Jiyeon.” Jisoo greeted her with a smile.

“Morning Jisoo. Uhmm, uncle… can you drop me at Sehun’s house?” Jiyeon suddenly requested.

Jisoo and Dr. Kim exchanged glances upon hearing Jiyeon, “Are you sure you’re ready to face your in-laws?” He asked.

Jiyeon slight nodded, “Yes. I’m bound to meet them anyway. I really need to apologize for betraying them after everything they’ve done for me. Before they are my in-laws, they’re like parents to me. They’ve been nothing but nice to me. I can’t even blame them for being mad at me. It’s my fault anyway, so I really need to apologize.”

Dr. Kim then nodded understandingly, “I get it Jiyeon. I know how you’re feeling. I will drop you home, but before that you need to eat your breakfast. Sit and eat with us.”

“Yeah Jiyeon, you need to restore all the energy you lost from shedding a river of tears last night.” Jisoo trying to lighten up the atmosphere by joking around but she received a glare instead from her dad.

“Hahaha you got me Jisoo. I don’t know how to thank both of you for being so nice to me.” Jiyeon expressed.

“You know I’ll always get your back. You’re my best friend!”

 

---

 

            Jiyeon, Jisoo, and Dr. Kim arrived at the villa. They noticed Sehun’s car parked in the porch, meaning that he was here. They then entered the house although Jiyeon looked so pale and scared. Once they reached the living room, Sehun was seen sitting on the couch alone with his face showing an obvious tension. He immediately stood up upon seeing the three of them approaching. Jisoo had notified him beforehand that they were coming together with Jiyeon so he’s been waiting. He curled a relieved smile as he rushed towards Jiyeon and pulled her into his arms. He hugged her tightly with no intention of letting go.

“I’m so worried babe. I thought you don’t want to see me anymore. I thought you hate me.” He worriedly expressed.

“How could I hate the person I love the most? Are you okay?” Jiyeon asked as she broke the hug.

“Don’t worry about me. The real question is are YOU okay?” Sehun cupped Jiyeon’s face and his eyes showed an obvious concern to see her swollen eyes.

“I am. Sehun… where’s your p—”

“What are you doing here?” A cold voice halted their conversation.

All eyes were shifted towards the stairs where Sehun’s father could be seen with his wife right behind him. They were making their way down the stairs and the cold gaze from Sehun’s father was really sending chills to everyone’s spine.

“Father—”

Sehun paused when Jiyeon slightly tugged his sleeve, signaling him to stop, “Let me talk.” She said half-whispering.

“But Jiyeon…” Sehun hesitated.

“I really need to talk to them Sehun. You know I have to.” Jiyeon convinced and Sehun didn’t have a choice but to let her.

Jiyeon took a deep breath once before she carefully made her way towards both Sehun’s parents near the stairs. She stopped right in front of them. While Sehun’s father was looking away for not wanting to meet Jiyeon’s eyes, Sehun’s mother fixed her eyes to the floor, couldn’t bring herself to look at Jiyeon whom she had always thought as her own daughter all this time.

“I’m here to apologize. I know I’ve been nothing but a disappointment to you. You deserve to be mad at me, but please know that it’s never my intention to betray you. I love you guys like my own parents and I really respect both of you.”

“If you respect us, you wouldn’t do us dirty like this!” Before Jiyeon could continue, Sehun’ father already shouted on her face, surprising everyone present there.

“Father—” Sehun approached but he was stopped before he could take more than two steps forward.

“I don’t want to hear a word from you Sehun.” His father’s cold voice stopped him.

“But that’s my wife you’re shouting at!” Sehun took his courage and stood up against his father for the first time ever.

“A wife that I never approved of, and will never be, forever.” That words he uttered were cutting Jiyeon’s and Sehun’s heart like a knife.

“That’s enough!” Dr. Kim finally stepped forward to stop the war of words, “This could’ve been solved with a better way. You’re hurting Sehun and Jiyeon.”

“And you think I’m not hurt from this mess they caused?” Sehun’s father countered, “You should stay of this, this is our family matter.”

“It’s my fault!” Jiyeon couldn’t stand the tension and felt the guilt that she finally burst out crying, “This all happened because of me. Please don’t be mad at anyone else, they did nothing wrong… It was me… I am the only one who should take the blame. You sincerely took me in when I had no one else to rely on. You gave me everything that I could only dream of if I didn’t meet you guys. You gave me the love of a parents that I lost at a very young age. You gave me the hope to a helpless girl that you barely knew. But I repay you by betraying you instead of being thankful. It’s my fault, I’m sorry…” Jiyeon kept blaming herself while crying her heart out.

“Jiyeon please don’t cry…” Sehun approached her and wrapped his arms around Jiyeon’s trembling body. His mother behind his father was silently crying too, couldn’t say a word.

“Get off my sight.” Sehun’s father’s cold voice was as sharp as knife.

“Father…” Sehun uttered while staring at his father in disbelief.

“I don’t want to see this woman inside my house anymore. Get off my sight!” He shouted while harshly pushing a vase on the table next to him, causing it to fell down the floor and broke into pieces with a loud shattering sound.

A loud gasp could be heard coming from Jiyeon as she looked at the shattered glasses on the floor. Her breath became heavy and her body was trembling very hard. Her legs became weak before she fell onto the ground while Sehun was worriedly supporting her weak body. Sehun’s father could not be bothered as he just coldly turned around and left upstairs. Jisoo and her dad rushed towards Jiyeon who was already on the floor with Sehun worriedly shaking her body.

“Jiyeon, baby…” He worriedly called.

“Please… please don’t hurt me…” Jiyeon uttered in a very small voice but still could be heard by everyone present there.

“No one’s gonna hurt you anymore. No one.” Sehun said as he pulled Jiyeon into his arms, “Why are you trembling hard Jiyeon? Sweetheart?”

“Sehun, Jiyeon has a trauma concerning shattered glass from her previous experience with her abusive aunt.” Dr. Kim as Jiyeon’s psychologist told Sehun something that he never knew.

“Let’s bring her to the hospital first. She’s out of breath.” Jisoo instructed as they all helped Jiyeon to stand.

 

---

 

“Sweetheart, you’re awake now?”

Jiyeon opened her eyes with Sehun being the first person she saw. She smiled at her husband that obviously looked all muddled up after what they’ve been through these past few days. Nevertheless, he tried his best to smile for his wife. He brought her straight to his apartment after coming back from the hospital yesterday. Jiyeon looked better than she was, although she didn’t talk much. He wished for nothing else but for the person he loves to be happy again.

“I love how I woke up with your smile like this.” Jiyeon said and Sehun smile turned brighter to hear her.

“I love your smile too, you know. I hope I’ll be able to see your sincere loving smile again.” Sehun replied and he sounded sad.

Jiyeon’s heart felt heavy to see Sehun looking so down and dishearten. But she just couldn’t fake a smile anymore. She was hurt and Sehun knew that. Every time she looked at Sehun, she kept wondering if they really have a future ahead now that his parents couldn’t accept their relationship. She wondered if Sehun could’ve lived better if she never appeared in his life. Now he’s in the verge of losing his family because of her, and that actually hurt her even more. She wanted to voice out everything that had been burdening her thoughts, but she didn’t want to add more to Sehun’s concern at this moment.

“Babe, will you be okay alone at home? I need to attend a very important meeting now” Sehun asked as he sent a worried gaze towards Jiyeon.

“Of course I will. I’m completely fine now. I’ll be waiting for you to comeback.” Jiyeon smiled weakly.

“Make sure you do.”

“Yes I promise. Just be careful.”

“I will. Love you sweetheart.”

“Love you too.”

Sehun then made his way out of the room with Jiyeon’s eyes sending him away. After Sehun left the house, Jiyeon finally left her bed and began walking around the apartment, checking if there’s something she could do. She did the laundry, cleaned the house, and even cooked. She even lost track of time after doing all the work. It’s way past lunch time and she didn’t even realize that. She was just finished taking her bath after all that works and only then she had the time to rest her body on the couch. She was about to turn on the TV when she heard her phone ringing in the bedroom. She rushed there and grabbed her phone on the bed, only to be surprised at the name on the screen. It was Sehun’s mother, and she hesitated for a few seconds before she finally decided to just answer the call.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter