D-Day

See you in 100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 99

 

(Split, Croatia)

Anna is finishing up the sweater she knits for Jeha. Tomorrow will be the 100th day they have been separated and he promised to return to her and their baby after tomorrow. Since she learned knitting form Soo Ae, she wanted to knit one for Jeha as a homecoming gift. She has been diligently knitting it for almost a month. She look at the almost done product and smile at her effort. To her, it looks not bad for a first timer like her. She plans to knit a matching outfit for their baby after she finished it. She looks at the watch, it’s almost time Hye Jin coming back from school. That little girl is her best companion now. She makes her worry less and the reason she can endure the temporary separation. Through her also, Anna learn about the feeling of a mother.

 

 “Imo…Anna Imo…. Anna Imo….” The little girl called out for her name as soon as she come out from the car. She’s always excited to see her after coming back from school.

“Ya…. Ju Hye Jin. Close the car door will you?” Soo Ae voice is loud enough that Anna can heard her from inside. One more thing she learn about motherhood is sometimes you can be a fierce person to your child especially when they misbehave.

“Imo!” she called out for Anna as soon as she open the door.

“Don’t run Hye Jin. You might fall down. Imo is here.” Anna advice the little girl and she slows down as she see Anna in front of her. She took off her shoes and her school bag. Then she walks towards Anna and put her school bag on the floor before she quickly it.

“I made something for Eomma and Imo. Wanna see it?” She takes out the stuffs in her bag and lay it on the floor. “Here.” She said and take out two large size cards. She takes one and runs towards Soo Ae who is in the kitchen preparing her lunch. “Eomma, I made this for you. It’s a Mother’s Day card.” Soo Ae put the plate on the counter top and received the card from her daughter. She smiles as soon as she see the handmade card.

“Thank you darling.” She hugs her daughter and shower her with kisses.

“I made one for Anna Imo too. Let me take this to her.” She runs to Anna in who is at the dining area tidying up the table for lunch. “Imo, I made a Mother’s Day card for you. Happy Mother’s Day Imo, Eomma.” She excitedly hands in the card to Anna.

Slowly Anna takes the card from her. As soon as she see the handmade card, she feel touched and without knowing her tears falls down to her cheek. HyeJin is a thoughtful little girl. Never once she thought she will get a mother’s day card even before her baby is born. HyeJin notices that she is crying and the smile on her face faded.

“Why are you crying, Imo? You don’t like HyeJin’s card?”

Anna quickly wipe her tears upon the soft voice of HyeJin. She lowered down her body to the little girl’s height and pats her head gently. “Imo cry because I love your card so much. HyeJin-ie is a nice girl. Very thoughtful. You made me the beautiful card ever. This is my first card, I will keep it nicely and hang it on my bedroom’s wall.” HyeJin smile back after Anna soft talk to her.

“’Alright HyeJin, go and wash your hands. Your lunch is ready.” Soo Ae instructed her daughter and the girl obeys her mom.

Everyday Soo Ae will pick up Hye Jin from school and have lunch together before she goes back to work. Since now Anna is living with them, on somedays when she is busy, Anna will prepare the lunch for HyeJin. Anna help Soo Ae in putting the plates on the table and fill the glasses with water. HyeJin takes her seat on the dining table together with her mom and Anna. Anna recite a prayer before they dig in the scrumptious meal Soo Ae prepared.

“Imo.”

“Yes.”

“Do you already have a name for the baby inside you?”

“Not yet. I will wait for samchon to come back to name the baby.”

“When is samchon coming here?” unaware of the situation the adult is facing, the little girl asked the question non-chalantly. To her, that is a valid simple question but to the adults, they themselves do not have the real answer.

“HyeJin ah, try to talk less while eating.” Soo Ae tries to stop her chatty daughter. She’s afraid HyeJin will keep on asking more sensitive question to Anna but Anna look at Soo Ae and assures her that she is ok.

Anna smile at HyeJin, “Samchon said he will come after 100 days going abroad which means, a day after tomorrow. That’s what samchon promised imo. Why did HyeJin-ie asked? Are you excited to meet samchon?”

HyeJin nods her head. Eventhough she never met the said samchon but because she spent a lot of time with Anna, she already know Jeha as she always see the picture of him inside Anna’s room. “HyeJin going to prepare a gift for samchon.”

“Aigooo. That is so sweet of you.” Anna ruffles the top of her head and she giggles happily.

 

After they are done with their lunch, Soo Ae needs to go back to work so she left HyeJin with Anna. She felt relieve when Anna is around because she can help looking for HyeJin for a while. If not, Soo Ae needs to leave her with the neighbours or bring her to work.

That evening, HyeJin do her homework and some drawing while Anna continue knitting to finish up the sweater. She look at the sea from the verandah and smile to herself. Finally the day she has been waiting will arrive soon. In two days, she will reunite back with the love of her life. She touch her bulging tummy and caress it full of love. “Daddy’s coming home soon, sweetheart. Are you excited?” like understanding her, the baby give a small kick from inside.

 

 

Ji Hoon is helping his daughter with her homework when he got a text message from an unknown number. When he open the message, it is full of codes that need to be encrypted. He is familiar with the codes and he know who send it. He encrypted all the codes and remember the details. He smile after reading the message.

“Why are you smiling appa?” Hye Jin asked.

“Nothing sweetie. My friend just message me after a long time. He is gonna meet me.” He replied nonchalantly before continuing to help her with her homework.

 

D-DAY

 

(Brussels Belgium)

 

Today is the D-Day. Jeha is getting ready to move to the headquarters. He wears the cross Anna gave him and put his precious photo inside his wallet and place it securely inside his coat. Then he take one last look at the safe house to ensure he got all his stuffs. He picked up the duffle bag and leave the house using car that is assigned for him. They bring him straight to the HQ and Agent Lee and Kang Ye Won are  already there. They wait for their leader, Kim Pil Mo to come and give the team a briefing. Today is the day and he hopes all will go well. He wanted to go back to Anna and their baby and live quietly after this. ‘I cant wait to meet you two.’ he monologues.

 

About 5 minutes later, Kim Pil Mo arrived and all of them straight go into the briefing room.

“Listen up gentlemen and lady, so today will be the D-day. Our mission is to get this job done and everybody return home safe. Arasso?” Kim Pil Mo start the briefing

“YES SIR”

“Agent Lee Jong Suk  and Agent Kim Je Ha, don’t ever leave the UN General Secretary alone and make sure the security is tight. I will guard the US President with Agent Min. Agent Han and Agent Yoon will guard the North Korean Minister together with our counterpart from North as double security measures. Agent Lee WooBin and Agent Jung, you will guard our President. Meanwhile, Agent Kang YeWon, you stay on the truck and monitor the whole process. The army general will standby here to administer this whole operation. Let’s get the job done and I want everyone can return home tomorrow safely. You got it?”

“YES SIR!!!!” said the men in the room in unison before each and everyone of them get their weapons and put on their safety vest and start to move.

JeHa and Lee JongSuk ride in one car and they are sent to the hotel roo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter