The Mission

See you in 100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When he was offered the job, Jeha thinks he just wants to get it done soonest possible and go back to Anna. But now, he doesn't know if it is right to left her alone in that condition. She is carrying her child, their child and she need to go through the pregnancy alone without him by her side. He never had experienced with pregnant woman but he heard that it is not easy for a woman to go through pregnancy alone and he felt bad to let Anna go through it. This thought makes him uneasy and he fell hard to leave her but he knows it is not an option, he doesn't have any. 

Jeha took out the photo that Anna gave him. It is the ultrasound photo of their baby. As Anna pointed out the baby is still so small and just look like a dot inside of a pouch. He rubs the photo with his thumbs and once again tear starts to fall from his eyes. 'Mihane aga, I have to leave you for a while. Appa promise to come back to you and your eomma as soon as this job is done. Please grow healthily inside eomma and hope you will not trouble her that much' he monologue to himself. He was so lost in his thoughts that he doesn't realised that he already reaching the Central Station where he will meet Agent Lee to go to their desired destination. He wipes his tears away before allight from the train. 

As soon as he came down from the subway, he saw Agent Lee already waiting near the exit. "So where are our destination?" he asked straight without even bother to greet him first. 

"Wow, you look so determine. You even arrived earlier than expected." Agent Lee try to start a conversation.

"I am not in the mood of yur sarcasm and I am a punctual person. So where are we heading next?" 

"You'll know soon. Let's get to our departure point first." Agent Lee led the way and Jeha just followed behind him. 

They are picked up by a car as soon as they come out from the train station and the car drove off straight until they arrive at an airbase. After they arrived at the airbase, Agent Lee leads the way to a private jet that already waits for them. There is a lady already waiting for them near the plane.

"Good morning Agent Lee. And yu must be Sr Liutenant Kim. I am Kang YeWon" the woman greets them. Agent Lee greets her back with a smile but Jeha just walk pass by her and enter the plane. He is so not in the mood to socialize with this people. 

As soon as they enter the plane, Ms Kang passed them a file each. "This is the file case of The Mission. Briefing will be done once we arrived at our base later. All of the section heads will be waiting there. You can go through it and ask questions. I will answer where I can, if I can't you can ask the section heads during briefing later." 

"Why me?" Jeha ask directly that stunts Ms Kang.

"Well, i don't know about that. Maybe you can ask the section head later." she replied.

Jeha just smile sarcastically. "Tssskkk... are you sure you don't know. You look like mis know it all."

"Dude, I know you have nasty attitude but don't show you attitude towards a soft lady like her." Agent Lee JongSuk try to stop his attitude but Jeha doesn't care. He keep his eyes on the two people in front of him, to read them. 

"She looks like she can slit me to death in my sleep. Besides I am not here to make friends. I am always nasty, and I do not plan to throw that attitude away. So if you really want me in your team, just deal with it. Didn't you people do a background check on me?" he synically warns them. He need to be careful as he still doesn't know their true motifs. Eversince he is betrayed by his own countrymen, he has super major trust issues. He cannot trust anybody before they proofed themselves can be trusted. Only few people he trust in this world.

FOr the 3 hour long journet, he doesn't talk to agent Lee or Ms Kang. He just spend his time reading the file and trying to digest 'The Mission' while most of his mind actually still thinking about Anna and about their baby. He wonders how is she doing now. He knows she must be crying hard now, but he also knows she will gain back her strength soon and be positive gain. That's his Anna. She looks fragile, but she is actually strong inside. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

(Barcelona, Spain)

Anna hasn't stop crying since Jeha left. She even refused to eat or drink and isolate herself in the room. She has been hugging a picture of Jeha and her that was taken when they first come to Spain. It was the day they promise to led their life in Spain. 

 

..........flashback............

"Jeha-ya, why did you choose Spain among all the places?" 

"Because this is the first place I met you. It means something special for me." 

"But at that time, we were strangers.We do not know each other. I was like a lost girl trying running away for her life and I bump with you by accident." 

"It may be accident to you but to me it is fate. I never believe in fate but meeting you is a fate to me. I was running away from being chased and I hid here in Spain. I never go out of my room. The day I bump into you is the first time I went out to go to airport to flee the country. And of all the people I make contact to is you. To bump into another korean in this country is already a rare coincidence. That is why I think it was fate that bring us together."

"When we meet again in Seoul, in my safe house you seems to recognize me right away even months has passed. Do you indeed recognized me that day at my house."

"Of course. How can I forget the girl who look helpless clinging on to me to help and save her. The thin girl, with long black hair and a round doe eyes. The moment I hear you scream 'shoot it', I knew you were the girl from Spain. When I turn, I was shocked to know that it is really you. Do you recognised me that day?" 

"NOt immediately as you look much neat as compared to in Spain. But I recognised you couple of days later when I do some 'background check' on you. 

"You do?" 

"Do you think you are the only one that is good at investigating, Kim Jeha? I have my own style too."

"I believe we are fated for each other. Don't you think so? Anna-ya, lets build our new life here. Away from our painful past and hurtful memories. It's time for us to build our new happy memories. Just the two of us" 

"Only two of us?"

"Wae? Should we create our happy memories with some one else?"

"No, that's not what I mean. DOn't you want to have a family? Maybe we can create our happy memories with our family."

"Then, let's build our own family and live happily ever after. Just like in storybook." 

That is the moment they promise to build their life together. She thought the happy moments they shared will last forever but it was tested as early as now. She was so happy when she was confirmed that pregnant. Her prayers of wanting to have a baby with Jeha is answered but the moment those people want to take him away, her world, her happiness seems shattered. He promised it is only for 100 days but she knew he was put in a dangereous mission that is why he send his trusted friend to take her away from here. He doesn't know what to do now. How is she and the baby she is carrying going to go on without him? She rub her flatten tummy gently 'Aga-ya, how am I suppose to carry on without your dad? Please tell eomma what should I do?'. she talk to her unborn child while tears streaming down her face.

 

JiHoon is worried about Anna as she has been locking herself in the bedroom since Jeha left. He made her dinner as she hasn't eat or drink anything yet. He slowly knock her door. "Anna-ssi, please come out and have your dinner. It is not good for you to starve yourself especially now. You need to think of your baby too. You need to eat something." 

No answer. He continue to knock again. "I know how you feel right now. You must be sad but trust me, if he had an option he will choose not to go. As for now, just think of your healt and the baby you are carrying. Let's have dinner and later I will help you to pack up."

No answer still. He was about to knok again but suddenly he heard the door knob being turn and she open the door. Her eyes were red and puff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter