Counting Days

See you in 100 days
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

DAY 3

(Spilt, Croatia)

Anna do not know what happen to her body. She feels really sick. She has been vomiting all day for the past 3 days. Whatever she eats, she will be throwing up. Her face already becomes as white as paper. 

"I saw you keep going to the toilet. You threw up?" Soo Ae ask in concern. She has been pregnant before so she understand when pregnant woman having morning sickness. 

"I do not know what is wrong with me, eonnie. I have been throw up non stop. Whatever I  have eaten, I will definitely throw it up back." she said weakly. 

Soo Ae, caress top of her head gently. She treats Anna like her own baby sister and Anna already starts to feel comfortable with her. "I know what you are going throw. If one thing not so nice of being pregnant is the morning sickness. People said it going to last the first 3 months of pregnancy. It will stop once you enter 2nd trimester." 

"Really eonnie? It's only been 3 days, but I feel so weak already. I feel like all my energy is lost when I puke." 

"I know. I had bad morning sickness too when I am pregnant with Hye Jin. I think it is worse than yours. Practically, I need to have a bucket next to me as I cannot control when I want to throw up." she reminded those days when she was pregnant. It was a challenge for pregnant mothers who face morning sickness. 

"I hope it will stop soon eonnie. I am worried about my baby. Will it get the nutrition if I keep throwing up like this?" she asked full of concern.

"Don't worry. Your baby will be alright. That is why you need to make sure you ate well and take the vitamins that the doctor prescribe. Come follow me to kitchen, I'll make some snack for you." Soo Ae held her hands and take her to the kitchen. "Sit there, let me prepare you some snacks." 

"Eonnie. Don't trouble yourself. it will be a waste as I will vomit later." Anna try to stop Soo Ae.

"Trust me. You will like this snacks. Besides I am very sure you must be hungry now. You have vomiting at least twice since we had our dinner." she said and straightaway prepare something for Anna.

 

Anna is staring at the moon from the window of her bedroom. "Oppa, where are you now? The crescent moon is beautiful tonight. Are you seeing it? Just now, Soo Ae eonnie makes me some berries sorbet pie for supper. It's good and it doen't makes me feel like throwing up. She said, when she was pregnant that is the only few things she can eat without vomiting. I have been vomiting so bad these few days, I almost do not want to eat anything. Luckily there is Soo Ae eonnie to help. Being pregnant is not easy. But she said, this is just temporary."  she talk to herself while looking at the moon. Both JeHa and her love gazing to the moon. They will look at the moon when they missed each other and talking to the moon is like their secret way to relieve the missing feelings.

 

(Berlin, Germany)

Jeha just finish packing for his mission tomorrow. He will depart to his first on site location. He spent the past couple of days being brief and had some background study of the mission. He sat by te window in his bedroom and looking outside. He smiles looking at the moon as it reminds him of her. 'How are you doing sweetie? Tomorrow I am going to deport to my first location, Zurich. I'll do a spying job there for a while to gather info. Not sure how long will i be there but it won't be that long I guess. How is our baby doing? Is he/she good? Take care, Jagiya. It won't be long, I promise." 

He then took off the pictures he paste on the wall and kiss it goodnight before putting it back. "I miss you both."

 

DAY 7

"Anna imo, do you want to go to the beach? i am going to walk my dogs with eomma and appa, want to follow us?" Hye Jin excitedly asked Anna. She get fond of Anna really fast. From the first time they pick her up from airport, HyeJin can't stop talking to her. She keeps on saying, she wanted an aunty like Anna. Having her by her side together with Soo Ae and Ji Hoon at least Anna doesn't feel lonely in this foreign city. 

"HyeJin-ah, why are you excited today. It's not the first time you going to walk the dogs by the beach. Mihane Anna-ya sometimes this little girl can be a trouble some." SooAe came to Anna's room to get her daughter. 

"I am excited to bring imo to the beach, omma. It's our first outing with imo." she replied to her mom. 

"Arasso. Go and get ready and help appa. Omma need to talk to imo for a while." Soo Ae told her daughter and the little girl obeyed to her mom. "She is so excited to meet you. She always get jealous of her friends that have big family. Normally it is only us in this house so when I told her an imo will come, she is so excited. She said her wish come true." 

"You don't have any siblings eonnie?" Anna asked politely not to offend SooAe. 

"I grew up in an orphanage. I am close to one family back then in Seoul. But because of oppa previous job and we need to stay low like this, I decided not to contact them anymore. Its for everyone's safety. You know how is their nature of job right?" SooAe explains. 

"Do you ever regret eonnie. Having to live like this?" Anna asked.

SooAe just smiles. "Do you?" she asked Anna and shocks her. 

"I don't mind where i supposed to live as long as I am with Ji Hoon oppa. I think you knew that well. Come, let's follow us to the beach. I realized tht we haven't got a chance to bring you around town since you arrived. Since today is Saturday, it is nice to go to the beach and downtown. I wait you outside. Go get ready."

"Nae, eonnie" Anna get changed quickly. Eventhough she is not really in the mood, but she cannot disappoint the family especially HyeJin. They are so kind to her that she is thankful JeHa send her to them. 

After  about 10 minutes drive, they arrived at a public beach used for recreation. A lot of people can be seen walking along the beach and some even having their picnic there.  As soon as Jihoon park the car, HyeJin quickly get off the car holding her little puppy and straightaway go to Anna's side. "Imo, kaja." she said pulling Anna's hand excitedly. 

"HyeJin-ah, do not pull imo's hand too strong. You may make her fall, imo is carrying a baby inside her." SooAe warned her excited daughter. 

"Mihane, imo." she appologized softly. 

Anna just smile and kneel down to match HyeJin's heigth. "Gwenchana. Now HyeJin tell imo where are we heading. Let's walk slowly there. And, what is the name of our little friend here?" Anna ask about the little puppy that Hye Jin is holding. 

"Ggoma. And that is Ggoma's mother. Donna." she said while pointing to a bigger dog with SooAe and JiHoon. Anna did see those dogs few times inside the house but she did not get to play with them much as she is so sick with her nauseas. She still has morning sickness but now she know how to control a bit. 

HyeJin and Anna walk hand in hand to the beach while holding Ggoma. The little girl hold her hand tight. 'So this is what it feels when a child holding your hands' she thought to herself. Children has this special power that they can makes you forget a bit about your sadness with their bright attitude. Talking with bubbly HyeJin did somehow makes her forget about her sadness. 

"Pity Anna, when she needs him the most, they need to be separated" Soo Ae sigh as she watch Anna and her daughter as they walk behind them. "Do you know what kind of mission he is in? Is it dangerous?" she asked her husband.

JiHoon wraps his arm around her shoulders and pull her closer. "I can't say as I do not know exactly. He just contact me and ask for me to help to get her somewhere far. I do not want to ask him too much as I do not want to pressure him. I can see how tense he is the first time I saw him. I never see him so tense like that. He only think about her safety. He doesn't care about whether he will survive from the mission or not. Seeing him in that state, reminds me of myself when I decided to cut ties with the agency completely. All I can think of is your safety. I am afraid the sin of my past follows me and harm you."

"He must love her so much. To be honest, if you asked me 10 years ago I never thought he will ever fall in love. It seems like we are talking about two different person." 

JiHoon look at his wife with a curious face, "Why do you think that he will never fall in love? Do you think people like us can't fall in love?"

"That was my expectations before I met you. Seeing you guys doing dangerous mission and very serious in your field, i do thought that people in the agency are heartless and love is just not in the dictionary. But he is different than the rest. All I can see in his eyes when he come to the agency is determination. He never set eyes on women. What more to fall in love. I think maybe it is the effect growing up without family and love." Soo Ae met her husband and JeHa when she is working in the agency as a nurse. As a nurse in a private infirmary of a agency, she met and treated almost all of the agents as these agents are not allowed to get treatments in hospital or private clinics. The infirmary is a well equipped and they have great doctors and other medical practinioner working inside it. Among all the agents she had treated, JeHa is the most quiet one and he is a straight minded person. He doesn't flirt around. He never look at women. He is in the world of his own. Hearing about the new him now really surprised her. 

"Anna must be a special girl. She manage to break the wall and enter his heart. She warm the cold heat of his with her love. I hope he will be successful in his mission and come back safe for her and their unborn child." JiHoon can only sigh thinking about the young couple. 

Anna is watching HyeJin playing with Ggoma running along the beach looking very happy. How nice it is to be a little girl when you do not have to think of any problem and you can just be happy with everything you do. Being at the beach reminds her of the memories she had with Jeha at samchon's holiday house. They were running by the beach playing with each other and strolling enjoying the sound of the wave next. 'Where are you now oppa, I am now relaxing by the beach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter