one

Kitty Cat

I was driving home from work, well, as always. I was so relieved that I got 4 days off from my boss so I had time to rest and spend my time most probably at home, alone, doing nothing but to eat and sleep. It was 9.30pm and I haven't had dinner yet though; my stomach was growling like crazy. I was too tired to think of a place to eat so I just headed to the nearest convenient store that I could find in that area and luckily I found one. I parked my car in front of the store and shuffled in, making my way to the ramen area. I couldn't think of anything besides ramen so I took one and paid for it.

"Just got back from work, huh?" said the cashier, grinning. I just nodded in respond, too lazy to answer since he looked like someone who flirts a lot. "How old are you, pretty lady?" he continued and this time his smirk was telling me that he had dirty thoughts in his mind. "Why? Is that really important to you?" I replied sternly, frowning. "Hurry up, will you? My husband is waiting at home." I lied, hoping he would stop and he did. He seemed to be ashamed by his actions so he just gave the ramen without meeting my eyes, or even said anything. That's what you get for flirting the wrong person.

I walked out from the store, chuckling to myself as the cashier's priceless reaction was still playing in my mind. "Shame on you." I mumbled to myself, walking towards my car until my whole body paused for a while.

Meow.. Meow.. Meow..

I heard a cat meowing relentlessly somewhere nearby so I tried searching for it. I gazed at a tree and there was a white, small figure underneath so I immediately ran to the tree, just to see an adorable white cat, staring at me with his sparkly blue eyes. He kept meowing at me as if he wanted something but I couldn't tell what it was. "Are you hurt somewhere, little one?" I said as I carried him near me. His fur was so soft like he just got back from grooming or whatever. He seemed to like it when I gently patted him until he almost dozed off, which I thought it was so adorable. That's it, i'm bringing him home with me.

I didn't think twice as I carried him to my car, putting him at the passenger's seat next to me. He was behaving really good though. He didn't even move a bit, just resting there with his eyes closed. I brought him to the kitchen as soon as I reached home. I poured milk into a bowl and he drank it quietly. "You're a good boy. What should I name you?" I smiled, looking at him finishing his milk. I quickly chased after him when he suddenly ran upstairs right after the bowl of milk was empty. I couldn't help but to grin when he was right in front of my room, waiting for me to open the door. "Oh, so you know where my room is? Amazing." I twisted the doorknob and he cutely headed to my bed. Like seriously, how did he knew where my room was?

"You're so cute!" I said when he rested on my lap, "I think I should call you.. Jimin? or maybe Jiminnie? For your info, I love that name so I'll just name you Jimin, okay?"

While I was busy playing with Jimin, my phone rang, revealing Hoseok as the caller ID.

"Good evening, Mr. Jung Hoseok." I greeted playfully, earning a chuckle from him.

"For the 100th time, stop adding Mr, will you?" He sighed, "Anyways, I'm having a small party tomorrow night and you really should come. Namjoon will be there too.." I could sense that he was actually teasing me.

"He's not interested in me so please stop with all this teasing, Hoseok." I said in disappointment, "What kind of party anyway?"

"It's my birthday tomorrow, for god's sake, Haerin. Can't believe you actually forgot about it." He replied. I could imagine him pouting through the phone.

I let out a giggle, "Chill, Hoseok. Don't sulk."

"I'm not. Okay, I'm hanging up. Bye."

"Bye." I ended the call and turned to look at Jimin, who was sound asleep on my bed.

Just by looking at him already made me sleepy as well. I brought him closer to me before turning off the lights. "Starting from today, you're mine, okay? Good night, Jimin." I placed a kiss on his tiny head. I actually made the right decision for bringing Jimin back with me since I lived alone; I needed companion. I never thought of having a cat could make this happy. Besides, he was being good to me so I didn't mind at all.