Chapter 3: The so called Date

It's an ARRANGEMENT

 

 

It was Monday. During lunch time, four best friends sat at their usual table in the cafeteria.

“OMGGGGG guysssss !!!!! You won’t believe this !!!!!!! This will be the death of me !!” Baekhyun said in high pitch.

“What is it?” Kyungsoo asked without sparing a glance at Baekhyun he still reading his book while munching his sandwich

“Tell us, Baek. You keep us hanging in the group chat.” Yixing said.

“This is the worst thing ever happen in my life”

“Can you please calm down first.. what happen?” Luhan responded.

Baekhyun took a deep breath as he spoke “ I’ll getting married this weekend”

“WHAT ????????????” The other three yelled. Luhan spit on his drink, Kyungsoo choke on his sandwich while Yixing dropped his kimbab that was about to entered his mouth. Everyone in the cafeteria were looking at them weirdly.

“ wait, You must be kidding?” Luhan asked as he still can’t believe it.

“very funny, Baekhyun” Kyungsoo laughed sarcastically.

“Seriously, Baek?” Yixing was still dumbfounded as he blinked his eyes.

“I know it’s hard to believe but I’m ing serious right now.”

“But why so sudden?” Luhan asked again as Yixing and Kyungsoo also fixed their attention to Baekhyun.

“My parents want to marry me off so that I can change my attitude. They said I would end up on street if I keep behaving like this.”

His friends were laughing at him after that. “Well, I agree with your parents on that. All you do all this while was play around and spending their money.” Luhan said as he still laughing.

“I remember they have a hard time when they send you to attend tutor class. You end up skipping the class everytime.” Yixing added.

“Even your private tutor quit after just 2 hours teaching you. “ Kyungsoo teased.

“Yah.. They already know that I hate studying but they still force me.”

“So, why suddenly you agree on the marriage?” Yixing asked.

“They threatened to take back my credit card and allowance. I don’t know where on earth they had those ideas. I mean they used to let me do whatever I want.” Baekhyun whined.

“Really? I can’t believe auntie and uncle did that. I know how they spoil you so much since young.”

Luhan responded.

“I know right.”

“So tell us who is this ‘lucky person’ that get to marry our school no 1 diva?” Luhan asked while wiggled his eyebrows.

“speaking of that..” Baekhyun paused. “I already met him. That old man is so arrogant. ” Baekhyun said while looked so pissed as he remembered their dinner last Saturday.

“Old man? You mean, fat old man with bald head?” Yixing replied as he looked innocently at Baekhyun. Kyungsoo and Luhan burst out laugh. Baekhyun glared at them.

“YAH !!! Not that old. He is only 30. I call him old man because he is so annoying. That ahjusshi even called me kiddo. Can you guys believe that? He call me, Byun Baekhyun, the number one 1 diva in this school a kiddo?” Baekhyun replied as he crossed his arms, thinking about his dream of happily ever after life had crumbled because of a certain guy with arrogant attitude.

“Maybe this ahjusshi can change you for better.” Kyungsoo fixed his glasses as he spoke.

“who is that ahjusshi, Baek?” Yixing asked curiously.

“Park Chanyeol. Son of my parents’s friend.”

“Don’t tell me it’s the heir of Park’s company?” Baekhyun nodded.

“That one hot guy you got there, Baek.” Luhan exclaimed as Baekhyun rolled his eyes.

“How about your fanboys? They would be very sad if they knew about this.” Yixing asked.

“Don’t worry. My parents said that the wedding will be held privately. Only close relatives and friends are invited and no reporters. You know my parents hate pulicity and they didn’t want those reporters following me around. So, no one in this school would know about this except you guys. ”

“That’s good then. I’ll be chaotic if the reporters know about this.” Yixing comented.

“Yeah. I like attention but I hate reporters or paparazi chasing me around. Thank god my fanboys still respect my privacy. They give me attention whenever I need it.” Baekhyun added.

“So, you still have all of your fanboys’s attention then” Luhan said.

“Well. Yeah. It would be a waste if I lose them” Baekhyun winked.

“Speaking of an attention seeker here” Kyungsoo smirked sarcastically.

 

The next day, Baekhyun was being fetch from school early because their driver informed him that his mother felt sick.

As he arrived home, Baekhyun ran fast to his parent’s bedroom at the 2nd floor.

Baekhyun knocked on the door “Omma, are you there”

“come in, dear”

Baekhyun opened the door of his parent’s bedroom. He saw his mother was sitting at the balcony while sipping her drink.

“omma,are you okay? Mr. Han said you were sick.”

Mrs. Byun giggled. “ aww..honey. I’m so sorry. I’m totally okay. Actually that is not the reason”

“You make me worry for nothing, omma. What is it really? There must be something right?”

“Actually, Chanyeol call me to take you out today. It would be embarrassing if I ask your teacher permission for you to go home early to have a date with your fiancé. By the way, he didn’t have your number?”

Baekhyun stay silent for a moment. Why did he want to take me out? this ahjusshi, what he want now?

“ahh.. I forgot to ask for his number before. He was so handsome so I totally forgot everything.” Baekhyun lied.

“aigoo.. my baby falling for his fiancé charm already. Kekeke” His mother giggled. Baekhyun put on his best smile but the truth is he was cursing nonstop in his head. Charm my .

“He will pick you up at 4pm. Go take shower, get dress and make yourself as pretty as possible.” His mother was fangirling as she push her son to his bedroom.

As he enter his room, Baekhyun lying on his bed for a while. This ahjusshi, what the hell is he want right now? I rather not see his face now. But omma will get suspicious. UGHHH.. So annoying. With frustrated sigh, he sat up and went to his bathroom to take a shower.

After get dressed, Baekhyun was fixing his hair in from of the mirror. He kept changing his hairstyle. “ aishh.. this doesn’t look good. This one either” he complained. Wait ! Why do I need to look good? I will just meet with that annoying old man. It’s not a real date though. Whatever. This is just for the act. He shrugged off those thoughts.

After that, Baekhyun went downstairs as he saw his mother already waiting for him with full smile all over her face. “You ready Baek? Chanyeol already waiting for you outside”. Look who was too excited for the ‘date’, Baekhyun sneered.

As he opened the front door, then he saw Chanyeol, leaning against his car, crossing his arms. But he looks different today. He dressed up more casual, with top and leather jacket and a cap to hide his face from public attention. Well, this old man look a bit younger today, Baekhyun said in his mind.

“Auntie, I’ll take Baekhyunie home early. Don’t worry.” Chanyeol assured as he smiled at Mrs. Byun.

“Chanyeol ah. What did I said earlier, just call me omma. And I don’t mind if Baekhyunie spend all night with you. Kekeke”, She giggled as she turned towards the door while singing happily.

“OMMA !!!!” Baekhyun whined as his face was so red right now.

*************

It was a long silence inside the car. Chanyeol was so focused on his driving like no one else was there meanwhile Baekhyun feel so sophisticated with this awkward silence. So, he was the first one to spoke.

“Where do you want to take me? Are you trying to kidnap me now?

Chanyeol glanced at him, smirking a little. “What will I get from that, kid? It will just be troublesome.”

“YAH !! I said stop calling me kid. So, what do you want from me?” Baekhyun asked again as he crossed his arm.

“You will know later when we reached there.”

“Ohooo.. What’s with this surprise thing, mr. fiance? Never knew you are so sweet like this”

“I must be crazy if I ever do that. Keep dreaming kiddo” Chanyeol replied mockingly.

Baekhyun feel so annoyed. It was pointless to talk with this old man. So he turned his head instead to enjoy the view on the streets.

As they reached the destination, they enter a restaurant. Baekhyun just follow Chanyeol to their table. The restaurant had a few customers, not too crowded and their table have a little privacy. Much of Baekhyun’s liking since he might embarrass himself bickering with his so called fiance.

After ordering their food, Chanyeol take something from his leather jacket.

“Since we are going to pretend in front of our parents, I need you to sign this marriage contract. We need to set rules between us. I’m afraid that you might fall for me for real” Chanyeol spoke.

Baekhyun scoffed, “I must be crazy if I ever do that”. He repeated what Chanyeol said earlier. He read the contract. . What is this thing? I don’t understand anything. It was written in English. Baekhyun was debating inside his head as he wasn’t sure what to do. Then, he glanced up. There, he saw Chanyeol was smirking as he looked at him back. . Arrogant old man. Showing off now huh?

“I won’t sign this contract if it’s not in Hangul.”

“Why? Can’t understand a thing?” Chanyeol teased.

“o..of course.. not. I just like to appreciate our native language more because I’m a loyal citizen of South Korea unlike someone who rather use foreign language.”

Chanyeol didn’t say anything. He took another copy that was written in hangul. Baekhyun shot daggers at Chanyeol then he continued reading the contract. So he had the hangul copy all this while. He only making fun of me.

 

“We will pretend to be in a good relationship as a married couple in one year and then divorce after that. As for our parents, we’ll tell them that this marriage is not working out so we decided to separate.”

“What if one of us breaks the rules?”

“Then, he will lose and he need to grant the winner’s wish. So, are you scared now”

“Hell no. who do you think I am?” Baekhyun replied confidently. He is not afraid of challenge.

“We’ll see about that” Chanyeol said while smirking.

After they finished their meal, Chanyeol take him to one of the nearest mall in the city.

“What are we doing here?”

“Stop asking and just follow me”

Baekhyun huffed his cheeks as he stomped his feet. We’re not even married yet but he already ordering me around.

He followed Chanyeol around until he saw what was in front of his eyes.

A toy store.

Baekhyun stop in front of the shop. Chanyeol noticed that Baekhyun was not following him when he enters the shop, so he turned around and stand in front of him.

“What do you need here? I don’t know an old man like you still playing with toys.”

“It’s not for me. It is for a kid. He will cry if I didn’t buy him toys.”

Reading between the lines, Baekhyun retorted back, “I don’t need toys !!”

“ohh.. Now you admit that you are a kid?” Chanyeol snickered. Baekhyun then unwillingly followed Chanyeol to enter the shop as he was afraid that his mother might send someone to stalk them.

After they roamed around the store, Chanyeol stop in front of animal plush toys section. As he scanned all the toys, he spotted one cute puppy plushy.

“I think this one suits you because it has short legs just like you” Chanyeol teased.

Feeling pissed, Baekhyun stomped on Chanyeol’s foot then he ran outside the store.

Chanyeol hissed at the pain in his foot but he need to keep his cool so he act like nothing happen. Then, he went to counter to pay for the puppy plushy.

After that, Chanyeol headed towards Baekhyun as he was waiting outside. He shoved the puppy plushie in front of Baekhyun. “Take it”

“I don’t want this. Why you bother buying it?”

“It is a little gift from your ‘sweet’ fiance. You should appreciate his kindness right?” Chanyeol said as he smiled but Baekhyun knows well that those smile are just an act.

“fine!” Baekhyun replied as he didn’t have any choice but to accept the ‘gift’.

On the ride home, Baekhyun felt asleep in the car. He was sleeping with his mouth partly open as his hands were hugging his bended knee and his body was facing Chanyeol. Chanyeol glanced at him for a while as he smirked. Sleeping like a kid.

When they arrived at Baekhyun’s house, Baekhyun was wide awake. . I felt asleep. He didn’t say anything to Chanyeol as he just grabbed his things and run towards his house.

In his house, Mrs. Byun was watching TV in the living room as she saw her son just enter the house.

“ahh.. my baby is back. How was the date? Where is Chanyeol?”

“It was good, omma. Chanyeol already left cause I asked him to rest since he look so tired” Baekhyun looked so natural with his act.

“good then. Ohhh.. what is this? Chanyeol gove this to you?” His mother noticed him hugging a puppy plushy in his arms.

“yeah.”

“awww.. Chanyeol so sweet” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “it looks like you too Baekhyun ah. Short legs just like you.” His mother giggled. Baekhyun mentally cursed inside his head. Damn old man. Now omma also said the same thing.

“omma, I want to go to my room and take a shower nae.”

“Sure my baby. Go take a rest”

Baekhyun went upstairs to his room. He threw himself on the soft mattress of his bed with his face sink in his pillow. He screamed with frustration, remembering the incident that had happen today especially in the car just now. Chanyeol probably see how messy he sleep with mouth slightly open and how he whimper or make noises when he sleep. He shook his head, want to forget everything. Then he turned his head at the right side where he put the puppy plushie. He bought me a puppy plushie. How old does he think I am? He just wanted to make fun of me. even omma said it looks like me. Baekhyun scoffed.

Then, he lying down facing the ceiling, he grabbed the puppy plushie and stared at it for a moment.

“so cute !!!!! why are you so cute?” he hugged the plushie tightly. I donb’t care if that old man bought this. But it’s already mine so it has nothing to do with him. Baekhyun was hugging and playing with the plushie as he smiled widely, admiring the cute puppy plushie. The truth is, Baekhyun can’t resist cute things especially puppy. He already adoring this plushie since the incident in the store but didn’t want to admit it. Especially not in front an old man named Park Chanyeol.

************************************************

 

A/N

Hello everyone. It's been a loongggg time. How have you guys been?

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!! It's not too late to wish right? XPP

sorry for not updating for so long. I've been busy with college life. "sigh T_______T

AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR PATIENTLY WAITING FOR THIS FIC.. LOVE Y'ALL MUCHHHH <3

so, actually this date thing isn't part of my first draft. I just add it recently. suddenly got this idea.hehehe.

How was it? Chanbaek bickering is it too childish? I really like this idea. you know, enemy turns to lover. XDD

Hope you like this chapter.

and lastly, did you guys see chanbaek moment when they said 'saranghae' to each other??????

OMOOOOOONAAA !!!!!!! THAT MOMENT TOTALLY MAKE ME SQUEALING AND SCREAMING LIKE CRAZY.!!!!!!

Finally chanbaek declaring their love in public.. "me and my delulu mind, cry an ocean,

-acexiaolu-