Chapter Four

Shattered Hearts In The Sand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun got as far as the end of the road before realising that she had no idea where Moonbyul would go. Well that wasn’t exactly true because she had a fair idea that Moonbyul would probably go to the crystal pillar holding Cocoon. The problem was that Yongsun didn’t know the safest way to get there on her own. Whenever she’d asked Eric to take her, he’d taken her along the shortest route but it had been riddled with creatures that she doubted she would stand a chance against. Moonbyul would have made sure she’d taken Yongsun along the safest path to ensure her safety, not along the path that allowed for a showing off of skill and heroism.
Yongsun really could not believe she’d ever thought Eric would take better care of her than Moonbyul had done.

****

“I need your help.” Yongsun was desperate as she stood before Wheein. “Please. Byul's gone missing. Well not missing as such, because I think I know where she is. I need help to get there.”

“Why can’t Eric help you?” Wheein had no intention of turning Yongsun down, she was just honestly curious.

Yongsun growled lowly at the mention of Eric. If she hadn’t listened to him in the first place Moonbyul would still be at home and they’d be enjoying dinner. In fact if she’d never listened to his sweet talking and started dating him, Yongsun was convinced her relationship with Moonbyul wouldn’t be in the poor state it was currently in.

“It’s his fault she’s missing in the first place.” Yongsun spat out, not even bothering to hide her anger at the man.

Wheein just nodded and called out to Minhyuk and Joong Ki who were playing cards at one of the back tables. “Okay, we’ll help. I’m kind of just guessing here but if you’re asking for help I’m assuming it’s because where you need to go is too dangerous for you to go on your own. Three is better than one so the boys should come too.” Yongsun just nodded and moved out of the way as Wheein made her way from behind the bar.

Joong Ki started herding patrons out of the bar stating a family emergency while Minhyuk and Wheein went out the back to get their gear. The whole process only took about ten minutes and Yongsun was astounded at their efficiency. Eric had always made out that NORA would be nothing without him and his motivational ability but as far as she could tell NORA had been fairly disorganised. It was apparent to her now that maybe Eric was more of a hindrance to NORA than an asset. Moonbyul had always told her that Eric was a lazy, good for nothing leader and that’s why his little group was never going to be a threat to the guardian corps. Yongsun had just thought that was Moonbyul’s dislike shining through but obviously it hadn’t been.

The three members of NORA were soon standing with Yongsun outside of Wheein’s bar. It had started to get darker and Yongsun was anxious to get going. The sooner she found Moonbyul, the sooner they could go home together.

“So where do you think she is?” Minhyuk asked as he placed a reassuring hand on Yongsun’s arm.

Yongsun’s voice was barely above a whisper, “The Pillar.”

“Right, let’s go.” Joong Ki bounded down the road with determination. The others followed soon after


********

“It was just Yongsun and I, after both our parents died.” Moonbyul murmured as she gazed up at the pillar. “I wasn’t always there though. Maybe that’s why it’s easy for her to move on. I wasn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter