Chapter Three

Shattered Hearts In The Sand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul walked aimlessly with no real destination in mind. It hadn’t been a tactical decision to avoid being tracked or she would have put actual effort into it if that had been the case, as it was no one would find her anyway. The only people capable of tracking her on Pulse had given up their lives to try and help the residents of Cocoon and Yongsun...well Moonbyul wasn’t sure she would even care enough to try looking. Yongsun had Eric to look after now and Moonbyul doubted she would come running after her at the drop of a hat like she used to.

She missed those days before Eric started twisting Yongsun away from her. She missed coming home, even if she was a bit late, to see Yongsun had cooked for her. She missed being able to sneak into Yongsun’s room after a particularly hard day and just feel the comfort of another person. She missed being able to look at her and being thankful that Yongsun hadn’t been forcefully taken away like their parents. Only she had been taken away, gradually and without Moonbyul really noticing. There was no comfort available on those hard nights when the dreams and fears became too much to handle because Eric was in her place by Yongsun’s side.

Moonbyul hated him so much. Everything about him set her on edge, from his cocky attitude to his stupid hair. She especially hated his stupid delusions of being a hero and his take charge attitude when he couldn’t even take charge of his own life. Moonbyul was so sure that if it hadn’t been for Hwasa and the rest of their little group, Eric would have given up long before they managed to protect Cocoon. She really wished he had sometimes, if only so she could have her Yongsun back.

He wasn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter