Chapter One

Shattered Hearts In The Sand
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul could barely stand to watch him put his big meaty hands all over her best friend. It sickened her to think about all the other possible places he’d touched Yongsun that she couldn’t. Which led to Moonbyul being further repulsed with herself for wanting those things. She chose to ignore that in favour of glaring at the man that was taking her best friend away as he asked once again if she’d bless them getting married.

“No.” She kept it short but there was little room for doubt at how displeased she was. They had been asking her, either together or individually, everyday for the last two weeks. And when Yongsun wasn’t asking she was begging or trying to talk Eric up, and when Eric wasn’t asking he was trying to bribe or threaten Moonbyul. She wondered if Yongsun knew about the best friend threatening side of him.

She could see by the clenching of her jaw that Yongsun was at her boiling point and that there would be an argument this time.

“Moonbyul, we’re getting married with or without your blessing.” Yongsun’s voice was harsh and left little room for argument. It caused Moonbyul to flinch slightly with hurt.


Eric wrapped a possessive arm around Yongsun and brought her in close. “I’m gonna look after her better than anyone else could ever possibly try to. You can trust me bro.”

She was sure he hadn’t meant that to sound like Moonbyul hadn’t looked after her well enough. She hoped he hadn’t anyway. It didn’t stop the pain from getting worse at the thought of Yongsun not needing her anymore. She hadn’t anticipated just how much this particular talk was going to hurt, but she could see Yongsun was going to stand firm. Yongsun had never chosen someone else over her.

“So you don’t need me anymore?” Moonbyul’s biggest fear was becoming a reality. Yongsun was going to cast her aside, move on in life.

‘’I’ve got it covered bro, don’t you worry about a thing.” Eric’s reply shattered the remaining hope Moonbyul had of keeping a hold of her best friend. She felt numb at the thought of Yongsun leaving her alone while she went on to better things. Things that cold, distant Moonbyul could never live up to let alone stand a chance of competing against.

“Not your bro.” Moonbyul mumbled as she pushed up from her chair and away from the table. She didn’t look at either of the happy couple as she made her way out of the kitchen.

“..Byul?” Yongsun’s hesitant voice followed Moonbyul as she made her way to the front door.

Moonbyul paused with her hand on the door, back turned to Yongsun in an attempt to hide the emotions that she knew would be evident if she looked at Yongsun. “I have things to do at home.”

“You are home, Byul.” Yongsun’s voice was closer, right behind her in fact. It wavered as if she was trying to hold in tears. If Moonbyul turned around she was sure that’s exactly what she’d see and her resolve to leave would weaken.

“Oh. Well then, I need to move out so I’ll just be doing that.”

“Bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter