Jae

What Should I Do?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2: Jae

(Jae’s point of view)

 

“Goor morning, world!”

I always take time to greet this beautiful world every time I woke up. Just call me greasy, cheesy, or whatever, but that’s how I start my day. It’s my own way to show my gratitude for the life that God given to me. He only give us life once, so it shouldn’t be wasted with anger, sadness, or depression. Life should be fun.

 

“I feel good! I knew that I would, now.” I sang the song from James Brown as I prepared to go to school.

Yippey! School! I love school! It’s the place where I can meet many people, interacting with them, got to know them more, and so on. It’s the place to be socialize. When you look at me, you may think that I’m a book nerd. Yes, I’m wearing a thick rounded spectacles that makes me look like Harry Potter, but that’s my intention, LOL. But no, really, I love to talk with people too. Yes, talking about books. Hahahaa (laughing so loud).

 

I may look eccentric. Well, yes I am.

I’m proud to call myself unique.

I’m special edition.

I’m Park Jaehyung.

 

-00-

 

While going to school, I read The Perks of being a Wallflower, again. I have read it multiple times but I still love it. To put simply, it’s my favorite book. I feel like I can understand Charlie’s feeling, being a wallflower.

Do you know what wallflower is?

Okay, let me tell you.

Taking from Oxford dictionary, wall·flow·er pronounced as ˈwôlˌflou(ə)r/ categorized as noun with the meaning of a southern European plant of the cabbage family, with fragrant yellow, orange-red, dark red, or brown flowers, cultivated for its early spring blooming.

NO, I’m sorry, my mistake.

It should be taken from urban dictionary.

Here, wallflower is a type of loner, seemingly shy folks who no one really knows, often some of the most interesting people if one actually talks to them, cute.

Doesn’t it really describe me?

Okay, I may not a loner or shy, but surely I’m the most interesting people you may know, and of course, an indisputable fact, I’m cute.

 

Okay, back to The Perks of being a Wallflower.

Just like Charlie, I’m in love with Sam, too. She’s such a good friend to him. And she’s pretty too, Emma Watson played her role in the movie. So, who’s not falling for her?

I let you know, I have a friend that quite like Sam. Her name is Jieun. Kim Jieun. My BFF.

 

“Hey!” She greets me cheerfully on our way to the class. But then she frown as soon as she sees the thing in my hand. “You read that book again? Oh, come on!”

“I don’t need your negative comment in this early morning, Jieun ah.” I respond fast and directly change the topic. “Well, still not coming together with Dowoon?”

Jieun sighs. “Yep, he’s rather difficult.”

“Don’t worry. You know Dripping water hollows out stone, not through force but through persistence.” I say it proudly.

Jieun laughs. “Surely from the Master of Quotes, Park Jaehyung.”

 

Talking about Dowoon, we should also talking about Patrick (a character in The Perks of being a Wallflower), because I think he quite fits the character. Patrick is Sam’s step brother, he’s a wallflower, and a gay.

Okay, let’s check the truth.

Is he Jieun step brother? Checked.

Is he a wallflower? Crossed. He’s absolutely not a wallflower, moreover he’s the center of attention, and he’s the main attractor for this school’s girls. Just this morning, I see him being trailed by multiple girls, his fan girls to be exact. I can be crazy if I were him.

Then, is he gay? Well, I’m not quite sure with that, but yeah I never see him flirting or even accepting all those girls’ attention. It could mean that he’s not attracted with them.

Could he possibly attracted to me? Hahaha no. What am I talking about?

 

Back to Jieun. I know this girl since she’s a baby. That’s because we were neighbor. We were.

I miss the childhood I spent with her. The time when both of us were still crying out of thirst, started learning to walk and ride bikes, running around in the rain, picnics to beach together, even showering together. I don’t think any other friend who can know me as Jieun knows me.

But unfortunately we had to split up when I had to go with my parents to L.A. At that time we promise will not forget each other and keep in contact.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter