Mistakes

Running If You Call My Name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Subin woke up the next morning, she felt sore all over. Without opening her eyes, she took her aching body over to the bathroom, a task which was difficult because she was still not completely familiar with the layout of her new apartment. It was only a studio, just a tiny room with a connected kitchen and bathroom, nothing more. She had tried to fill the small space as best as she could, but still, it felt unfamiliar and empty. 

Finally opening her eyes, Subin caught her reflection in the mirror and shuddered, not quite sure if it was because she was afraid of her own, messy reflection, or if the cold air was finally hitting her body. Yes, she was still , a fact she wasn’t entirely comfortable with, but too tired to deal with at the present moment. First, she wanted to wash her face so that she was no longer made up of smudged mascara, and vague hints of red clinging to and the surrounding area. 

What had she done last night? 

As much as she wanted to act like the events of the night that were flashing before her were drunken mistakes, she knew she was completely sober when she foolishly made all of the decisions. She knew that the three shots she had did nothing to her, even though she giggled and stumbled, she was too aware to be considered drunk. 

With complete consciousness, she had gone up to the stranger and asked for a cigarette. She had smoked it while examining his face, which was much too handsome up close, the whole time. She had taken every drink he offered her and felt nothing when the liquid hit . She was barely present for the conversation he and his friends were having while she was standing on the sidelines, but she was suddenly very aware when they all dispersed and she was left alone with him. Without warning, she kissed him, hungry and desperate to feel something other than the tightening knot in the place where her heart should’ve been. 

She had felt something, and so had he, because he returned the kiss much hungrier than her. She tasted like cigarettes and vodka, a combination that would’ve been awful on anyone else, but on her, it was intoxicating. She weaved her hands through his hair when he grabbed her waist, and as good as it was, all she could think about was how different this was from Baekhyun. 

She kept taking it steps further, just to get Baekhyun out of her mind, to focus entirely on this beautiful boy with ragged breath, begging her to give him more. 

She did. They ended up at her apartment sometime after midnight. As soon as they stepped inside, after she had fumbled with the locks and apologized for being inexperienced at opening her new door, she was pushed to her bed. It seemed like he knew where it was better than she was. 

Still, she could only compare it to Baekhyun. He was never this feral. He was never this eager. She had never felt this good with him, but this was never his priority. She would have to beg him to do anything, but this boy just did everything on his own. He knew all the spots to hit immediately. Subin’s toes curled every moment. But as she was falling asleep, completely exhausted, she missed Baekhyun's timid habits, and would take those over this experienced stranger’s actions immediately. 

Back in the present, Subin had washed her face and brushed her teeth. She put on the silk robe that was hanging next to her towels, expecting to walk back into her living area and spend the rest of the day staring out of the window. 

What she found, instead, was the boy from last night, laying his head on her pillow, flashing her one of his dazzling smiles despite his sleepy haze. 

“,” Subin mumbled, not knowing what to do. Should she kick him out? Should she join him? Her eyes traveled to his torso, which was exposed, her sheets only covering his bottom half. Despite her confusion at his presence, she couldn’t help remember the night before. 

“You can come over here, you know, instead of just staring at me.” He chuckled, the slight husk in his voice only attracting Subin more. 

Her phone rang, causing her to snap out of her d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter