The End

Running If You Call My Name
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun, please,” she whispered, despite her best intentions to keep her voice from wavering in an attempt to be deemed okay enough to even have this conversation. 

He didn’t respond to her, only looked at her face, her eyes pouring tears out against her best efforts, with pity and disgust filling his own eyes.

“I don’t know how many times I have to say no to you.” He sighed, looking at the time on his phone not because he held any urgency, but because he didn’t want to look at her and begin to resent her. That wasn’t his intention, and it wouldn’t be the outcome, if he could help it. So he tried his best to ignore the girl’s crying and find an excuse to leave her there, in the empty coffee shop they frequented when they were together. 

Subin was angry with herself more than the situation. This breakup had been going on for months. She had been given time to prepare for what she knew was the inevitable, but still, she couldn’t find it in herself not to beg for him to stay with her just for the weekend. She kept telling Baekhyun that it was only because she loved him as a friend, as a person, and hadn’t seen him in weeks that she wanted to spend time with him. They both knew it was because she was in denial, because she had convinced herself that if they were alone together, they would resolve their differences and rekindle what was left of their romance. Subin’s plan was obviously not working out well, because his eyes hadn’t lit up the moment he saw her, and as far as she knew, no memories were rushing back to him as she sat across from him, letting herself get hit with reality. 

He did not want her. There was nothing she could do to make it happen. She had begged and pleaded, more than she would like to admit. 

The night he first tried to break up with her, she simply refused. The next time, she was abroad and let the time difference be the reason she wouldn’t pick up when he called, although she was awake and alert, acting like there was nothing that could be wrong. 

But now, she couldn’t act like it wasn’t happening. She wasn’t allowed to be delusional any longer. Here he was, the boy she was in love with, the boy she knew was her soulmate, looking at her without any remorse, telling her that he was done with her. 

None of her arguments made any dents in his emotions. She had pleaded with all of her heart, revealed that it felt like she couldn’t breathe whenever she thought of them apart, but he only shook his head. 

“I don’t love you,” he said, growing more frustrated with the girl’s constant pleading.

“At least stay the night,” she croaked, giving one last attempt even though she knew it would never work. 

He shook his head, not bothering to give her one last look before getting up and walking out. Subin felt the last blow as her eyes followed his disappearing form. He didn’t turn around once. The two years they had spend together ended like that. 

Subin never imagined herself like this, nearly curled up into a ball and sobbing in a public place. Before, whenever she saw anyone crying in public, she would scoff and criticize them for not leaving their emotions at home when they left in the morning. But that was before Baekhyun. Before she met someone with a radiant smile and a beautiful soul. Before she met someone who made her feel more complete and valuable than she ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter