One Percent

Milk in My Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Milk in My Tea

 

 

4. One Percent

 

Quinn’s POV

 

I stretched slowly, my fingertips brushing against the headboard. I wasn’t sure what time it was or even how long I had been sleeping, but I was sure of one thing…

 

I turned to the warm body that had curled around me in the night, my movements not stirring him in the least. Namjoon had slept over again, both of us exhausted from a combination of crazy schedules and physical activity. I caressed his hair gently while I examined his sleeping face, wishing we could stay like this for at least a week. When my hand strayed down to Namjoon’s cheek, he stirred, releasing a deep sigh as he opened his eyes slowly.

 

“Wangbi-ah,” His gravely, just-woke-up voice was probably the iest thing I had ever heard in my life. I didn’t reply as I traced my fingers against his lips, and Namjoon smiled softly, kissing my fingertips sweetly.

 

“Hey,” I whispered softly, as Namjoon leaned closer, leaning his forehead against mine. He blinked a few times as he adjusted to the dim light in my room, his eyes hazy from sleep.

 

“The sun’s… not up yet,” he murmured, closing his eyes sleepily.

 

I poked his cheek, “It’s not, but you and Suga slept over here. You guys need to go home before someone catches you.” I rolled over to glance at my clock finally. It was 5 am.

 

Namjoon nodded, rolling over to lay on his back. He reached for me, holding me against his side like he didn’t want to let me go, “Quinn…”

 

“Hmmm?” I asked, leaning my head up to catch his gaze. Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair for a moment and then shifted again, sitting up against the headboard. He tugged on my arm and brought me to sit up along with him.

 

He cupped my cheek gingerly, making sure he had my full attention before he said in a low voice, “Let’s date.”

 

My eyes grew wide as I stared at him in disbelief, “W-What?”

 

“This is the fourth time we’ve been together. We can’t stay away from each other, so it only makes sense to date.”

 

“B-But-”

 

Namjoon released his hold on my cheek to take both of my hands in his, “Wangbi-ah, don’t you like me? Even a little bit?”

 

I pouted, “Obviously.”

 

“Then why are you against us dating? Because I’m an idol?”

 

“Namjoon, it’s not that simple-”

 

“You can make it that simple.” His grip on my fingers tightened and he gave me a pleading look, “You like me and I like you too. We’re not doing anything wrong. Why can’t we date each other?”

 

I shook my head, avoiding his gaze, “Liking each other has nothing to do with it.”

 

Namjoon pushed out a frustrated sigh, grasping my chin and redirecting my gaze to his eyes, “Then tell me what it is, so we can fix it.”

 

“Namjoon, don’t.” I whispered, much like I had earlier, but the phrase sounded much more desperate and pained. I was ashamed to admit that the entire conversation scared me. As much as I thought I was ready, I realized that right now, I wasn’t. I wasn’t ready.

 

“Quinn-”

 

I shook my head again, pulling away from his grasp, turning away from him completely, “You might be able to do that, but I can’t.”

 

Namjoon wrapped his arms around me, pulling my back against his chest, “Will you tell me why?” When I stayed silent, he tried again, “Ok then, can we at least drop the ‘just friends’ bull? You and I both know we aren’t ‘just friends’.”

 

Despite the situation, I laughed softly, turning back towards him, “Ok.”

 

“And can we date each other?” I gave Namjoon a hefty dose of side-eye and he chuckled, pressing a gentle kiss to my forehead, “I had to try at least,” he said, with a dimpled smile.

 

I nodded, “It was a good attempt.”

 

Namjoon brushed his fingertips against my cheeks, pulling me closer to him. He stared directly in my eyes as the sky began to lighten behind us, “Go on five dates with me, Wangbi-ah. Just five. Let me show you why we should date.”

 

“And why is that?” I asked, unnerved by the determined look in his eyes.

 

Namjoon smirked, one dimple appearing in his left cheek. He leaned closer into me, “Because,” he replied, leaning his forehead against mine, “We’re inseparable.” He brushed a soft kiss to my lips, “I can’t stay away from you even when I try,” he murmured, kissing me fully this time. I buried my fingers in his hair, and let him kiss me thoroughly.

 

When he pulled away, I was breathless, my pulse racing. Before I realized what I was doing, I nodded.

 

“Ok,” I whispered, “Five dates.”

 

Namjoon’s beaming smile lit up my entire bedroom. He ducked his head to try and hide his happiness, but it was too late; I had seen his warm smile. He hugged me to his chest and I listened to the sound of his heartbeat against his bare skin.

 

“Thank you, Wangbi-ah. I promise you won’t regret it.”

 

I poked his hip, “I better not,” I told him sternly, even though both he and I knew I was just teasing.

 

A soft knock interrupted our happy moment and Suga’s voice murmured gruffly from the hallway, “Joon-ah, we need to go back.”

 

Namjoon sighed, hugging me tightly for a second. He gave me another light kiss on my forehead and then he released me, sliding to the edge of my bed to search my bedroom floor for his clothes. It didn’t take him long to get dressed and I looked away, not wanting to see him leave.

 

When he was fully clothed again, he came around to my side of the bed, taking holding of my chin and kissing me softly again, “I’ll see you this afternoon, right?”

 

I nodded quietly, and Namjoon looked me over one last time, “Don’t oversleep, ok?”

 

I nodded again, leaning in to kiss him one final time before he left. He groaned against my lips, running his fingers through his hair when we parted for air, “If you keep that up, I won’t be able to leave, Wangbi-ah.”

 

I giggled, settling back against my pillows, “Then you better go.” He made a whining noise at the back of his throat and I pointed towards the door, “Go home, Kim Namjoon.”

 

Namjoon sighed once again, and trudged towards the door, “Bye, Wangbi-ah.”

 

I waved as he slipped out into the hallway, listening to the shuffling sounds of feet while he and Suga made their way out of our apartment. When I heard the front door open and close, I slid out of my bed. There was no way I was going back to sleep after that.

 

I went ahead and took a long, hot shower and took my time getting ready for the day. I was extra careful with my make-up, making sure to look professional with a little extra shimmer for the day. I stepped out of my bedroom at 6:30 am with plenty of time to make breakfast for myself and the girls, and still get to work on time. I made us a full breakfast, smiling when Rissa made her way into the kitchen at 7.

 

“Oh gosh, that smells so good.” Karissa told me, leaning against the kitchen counter. She groaned and reached for her coffee mug, “Ugh, I drank way too much.”

 

“Uh-oh, Kookie’s going to be angry,” I teased, sipping my own cup of coffee. I had already eaten my breakfast and set my dirty plates in the sink.

 

“Goodness, he already is. I had to remind him twice last night that he’s not my boyfriend. I knew it was a mistake to tell him my Insta.”

 

I quirked an eyebrow, “Why aren't you two dating, by the way?”

 

Karissa held her hand to her head tiredly, “Queenie, you said yourself that dating an idol is complicated. Why would I put myself through that? Or him…” Karissa trailed off, looking down at her coffee and I realized she must be talking about a lot more than just Jungkook.

 

“Rissa, what’s up?” I asked, setting down my coffee cup.

 

Karissa shook her head, “Sorry, I have the worst headache in the world right now. I’m gonna eat in my room.”

 

I nodded as Karissa made herself a plate of food and then took it all back into her room quietly. Niah was nowhere to be found, so I sent her a text and finished up my coffee, making my way through the apartment to gather my things before work. Once I had everything packed and ready to go, I made my way to the office.

 

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter