Skim

Milk in My Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Milk in My Tea

 

 

2. Skim

 

Quinn’s POV

Namjoon and I stepped into the dance studio where the other members of BTS were stretching their legs, getting ready for practice. Suga was the first to look up and notice me, and when he saw me, his entire expression brightened as he stood up to greet me.

 

“Did Niah come with you?” He asked, looking around the two of us for his girlfriend. When he realized she wasn’t there, he huffed, sitting back down on the floor.

 

“Am I her keeper?” I asked, rolling my eyes at his obvious displeasure. “No, Suga-ssi, she’s at school.”

 

“Hyung, Niah-noona’s not the only person on the planet,” Jimin admonished playfully, walking over to give me a hug. I ruffled his hair and waved at the rest of the group in greeting.

 

“Hey guys. I’ll be your new English tutor,” I said, not wanting to beat around the bush. My eyes scanned the room at each member’s reaction to my news, since I was curious how they felt about my new job.

 

Taehyung clapped his hands excitedly and Jin groaned, pouting adorably. Suga just shrugged and went back to stretching. J-Hope grinned, “So that means we’ll get to see you around a lot more, right?” He asked, glancing in Namjoon’s direction. I didn’t miss the look that passed between them but I chose to ignore it for now.

 

I nodded, “Something like that. We’ll have to look at your schedule, but it looks like I’ll be able to teach you guys for about an hour, a few days during the week. I’ll try to make it fun, so the lessons don’t get boring.”

 

“Ooh, should we call you Quinn-seonsaengnim?” J-Hope teased, and I laughed, nodding enthusiastically.

 

“You better!” I joked, with a chuckle.

 

“Really, Quinn-noona?” Jimin questioned and I patted his cheek, shaking my head.

 

“No, you don’t have to do that. It’d be really awkward, honestly. Just address me as you have been.”

 

Jimin nodded, running over to Jungkook, who was staring at his phone thoughtfully. Jungkook pointed at his phone, “Can I have a lesson right now?” He asked, walking over to me with the device. He showed me that Karissa had sent him a picture of herself, wearing the hat he had bought for her a while back.

 

“Sure, Kookie-ah. Just tell her she’s pretty.” I spelled the word out for him slowly in English and showed him how to type the simple phrase on his cell phone. He beamed at me as we sent off the message together, while the others watched us in amusement.\

 

A knock sounded at the door and we all turned to find Michael, BTS’ manager, and Big Hit’s CEO walking in. Everyone was on their feet, bowing to our elders in greeting.

 

“Quinn-ssi, we’ve gotten the first two weeks of lessons scheduled. You can come back tomorrow to start the class.” The manager told me and I bowed politely, grateful for this amazing opportunity.

 

“For now, we’ll you down to the security desk so you can fill out the paperwork to enter the building freely.” Michael told me, taking my arm. I waved at the guys as we headed out, my gaze landing on Namjoon right before I left. He was grinning mischievously at me just as the door closed, blocking him from view.

 

I breathed a sigh as we headed down the hallway, listening to Michael chatter excitedly about our new client in English. When we reached the security desk, they gave us both paperwork to fill out and afterwards, took our pictures. By the time everything was said and done, it was lunch time and I was starving.

 

“Not too bad for your first day, right?” Michael asked me, as we climbed into his car.

 

I pressed cupped my hands in front of the heater, then rubbed my fingers together, “I can’t complain too much. Hopefully, these guys are actually good students.”

 

“Well the leader, what was his name again? Oh, yeah, Rap Monster. He was like the number three student in the country at one point, or something. I remember seeing him on TV,” Michael turned up the heater, then turned his focus back to the road.

 

I nodded silently, remembering that I had heard that about Namjoon too. It made a lot of sense, with the way his mind was constantly running. It reminded me of the night we spent Christmas together.

 

Namjoon and I were laying in my bed, his fingers tracing lazy circles on my bare hip and upper thigh. I was fighting to stay awake, feeling completely comfortable and relaxed in his arms.

 

“What are you thinking about?” I asked, peeking an eye open. He gave me a small half-smile, laying his hand on my waist.

 

“Nothing.” Namjoon frowned for a second, blinking slowly as if the realization just dawned on him, “I’m really not thinking about anything in particular.”

 

I giggled at his expression, opening my eyes fully, “Is that a bad thing?”

 

Namjoon’s dimpled half-smile returned, “I don’t know yet. What do you think?”

 

“Well that means I’m either boring as hell or you’re just really comfortable,” I said, with a smirk. He gave a low, husky laugh that made me smile wider.

 

“I’m really comfortable. When I’m with you, my mind gets really… quiet. Like it can finally take a break.”

 

I stared at him silently, weighing his words in my own mind. Was that a good thing or was this the start of something horrible? I traced my fingers down his chest, deciding that now wasn’t the time to analyze Namjoon’s words. As my fingers crept lower against his body, Namjoon in a breath.

 

“And now my mind is racing, Quinn-ah,” He told me with a y smirk. He grabbed my wrist and gently pushed me on my back, reaching for my other wrist and holding them both over my head with one large hand.

 

“W-What are you thinking about?” I asked breathlessly as Namjoon lowered his lips to my neck. He nipped at my skin for a moment, before leaning closer to whisper in my ear.

 

“I’m wondering how flexible your gorgeous legs are. Should we find out?” He murmured huskily, and the heat that immediately pooled between my legs at his words left me squirming underneath him.

 

“Quinn, did you hear me?”

 

I jumped when I heard Michael calling my name, snapping out of my memory, heat rushing to my cheeks. I was thankful for my dark skin in that moment because it would have been really embarrassing to explain my thoughts to my boss.

 

I turned my attention back to him, “Sorry, what’d you say?”

 

“I said, let’s grab lunch before headi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter