Organic

Milk in My Tea
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Milk in My Tea

 

 

13. Organic

 

Namjoon’s POV

 

Seeing Quinn to the airport went a lot easier than I thought it would. I was still a little bothered by the fact that she had accepted the plane ticket from Jhang Shinhwa, but she was getting home in comfort, which to me, was all that mattered.

 

“I’ll miss you every day, beautiful,” I told her, wrapping my arms around her tightly as we stood in front of the gate for her flight. I could hear whispering around us, but I ignored them and focused on Quinn only.

 

“Normally, I’d call you out on your corny lines, but since I’ll miss you too, I’ll leave it alone,” Quinn replied with a soft smile. She pressed a kiss to my cheek and I saw a camera flash out of the corner of my eye.

 

“Hey, we gotta go soon or this is going to turn into a press conference,” Niah told us lowly, moving to block a group that had stopped to stare at us. Yoongi-hyung pushed out an annoyed breath and moved to stand beside her.

 

“Tell your family we love them,” Karissa told Quinn, and she released me to hug her youngest roommate, and then turned to do the same to Niah. She even gave Yoongi-hyung a hug, surprising us all a little.

 

“I’ll be back before you know it,” Quinn replied resolutely.

 

“And then it’s my turn,” Karissa reminded us all with a forlorn sigh. Niah patted her shoulder, and just then, an announcement came over the PA, calling for Quinn’s flight to begin boarding. She looked me over once more, then brushed a featherlight kiss on my lips.

 

“Be careful. Don’t get sick. Don’t get hurt.” Quinn warned me, and I couldn’t resist the smile that spread across my face.

 

“You’re so demanding, Wangbi-ah,” I told her playfully, and she rolled her eyes at me.

 

“See what happens if you don’t do what I told you.”

 

“He’s the God of Destruction -- it’ll be hard,” Yoongi-hyung taunted and Niah giggled beside him.

 

Karissa turned, taking a look at the line to board the plane, “Queenie, you better go. Text us when you get there.”

 

Quinn nodded and I reached for her, giving her one more kiss before she had the chance to step away from our group. Niah sighed dreamily and Karissa just laughed at her antics.

 

“Ugh, why aren’t we that cute, babe?” Niah questioned, as Quinn gathered her belongings and headed in the direction of her gate.

 

“Cause we got swag, jagi.” Yoongi-hyung replied smartly.

 

Karissa burst into a fit of giggles, while I watched Quinn’s form until she disappeared from view. When I couldn’t see her anymore, we finally headed out of the airport.

 

On our way back to Quinn’s car, Yoongi-hyung clapped me on the back with a knowing expression on his face, “Now for the hard part.”

 

“What hard part?” Niah questioned, bumping Yoongi-hyung’s shoulder with her own.

 

He turned to her and threaded their fingers together, “Nothing, jagiya,” he replied, with a disarming smile. Niah pouted but didn’t press for more information, sliding into the driver’s seat while we all climbed into Quinn’s car.

 

In the backseat, I thought about Yoongi-hyung’s words. This would be my first time far away from Quinn since we became publically official. I knew nothing bad would happen while Quinn was away, but I was still worried about her.

 

“Joonie-oppa, don’t worry too much about Queenie. She has a huge family! She’ll be fine.” Karissa reassured me, patting my shoulder softly.

 

“Yeah, I can’t imagine being around all those people at once!” Niah commented from the driver’s seat, heading in the direction of Big Hit.

 

I nodded, remembering back to the time I had talked to Quinn’s younger sisters over Kakao during Quinn’s graduation. They appreciated the live video I sent of their eldest sister walking across the stage. Unbeknownst to Quinn, her sisters had helped me share the video with the rest of her family. I could only hope her grandmother had been able to see it too.

 

“How many family members does she have?” Yoongi-hyung questioned since he was the only person that wasn’t aware of Quinn’s large family.

 

“Let’s see: there’s Mama and Papa Abbè, then Queenie’s two big brothers. Queenie’s right in the middle and then there’s the triplets -- one boy and two girls.” Karissa explained smartly, without looking up from her phone.

 

“Woooooow,” Yoongi-hyung replied in English, ticking off the total on his fingers.

 

“Oh, that’s nothing. Queenie’s grandmother is the oldest of ten and everyone has at least two kids. Even her big brothers have a couple of kids. They’re like rabbits,” Niah added, chuckling at her own joke.

 

“She’ll be surrounded by family though, so it’ll be okay.” Karissa agreed, frowning at something on her phone screen. She sighed, and handed the device over to me, “I just knew those people at the airport were being nosey as hell.”

 

“What happened?” Niah asked while I took a look at Karissa’s cell phone. Sure enough, our pictures from the airport were already posted all over social media. I smile ruefully, handing the phone to Yoongi-hyung so he could take a look.

 

“Someone was at the airport taking pictures is what happened,” Karissa deadpanned, rolling her eyes. Yoongi-hyung showed Niah the images when she stopped at a red light, and then handed the phone back to Karissa.

 

“It’s just something we’ve gotta get used to,” Niah replied brightly, trying to be optimistic about it.

 

Karissa sighed sullenly, “That’s easy for you to say. You’re the ‘Basketball Goddess’ and these guys are on camera 24/7. I’m a Kinesiology student, remember? We’re never on TV.”

 

“Well, when you become my fancy sports doctor, you’ll be interviewed all the time,” Niah teased, making Karissa smile a little. For the rest of the car ride, we talked about a variety of topics as Niah drove us over to Big Hit. When we arrived at the company, she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter