plus.

4 AM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

concerns.



Back in the small studio, they used to either produce or to warm up, the girl felt a bit numb at the day. They had just ended their short promotions and Taeyeon was not feeling accomplished with what they had, instead a feeling of guilt clouding her soul. But she could not do that much: her favorite tanned and beloved person, Yuri, was going to have her ankle surgery and she knew that as the leader, she had to be there to support her fellow member. More than being a leader, being a friend who the younger could rely on (as well as the other girls). On the other side, her best friend, Tiffany, was temporarily leaving God knows when and how long.

Even though they had resigned with their original label, Taeyeon felt unwanted everywhere. The girls had each one their individual activities and spend their free time doing things by themselves, once in a while, all of them would hang out together but that was it. And even though she understood that she still felt empty without someone by her side to brighten her days. Sure, she still had her company's hoobaes but damn they made her feel like the older sister that is pretty annoying but caring. And she knew they all had still their break days in which she for sure was not going to make them spend it with her.

With a sigh escaping her lips, she leaned in the chair's back, letting her shoulders drown into nothing as her forearms rested over its supports. Perhaps, maybe she was tired of ten years on stage, was it enough? Taeyeon daily asked herself, before brushing those thoughts away. But then again, the woman could not help herself but fill her mind in useless images and worries as an artist. Comments from both sides: those who were in favor of them resting a little bit more, and those who were against SM for not giving her group their most expected come back good promotions. The lady did not know what to agree the most and, with it doodling around her thoughts, she immediately let out a small groan in frustration, running a hand through her black hair, pulling back a few strands that had fallen over her face.

Fixing herself over the seat to return her attention to the computer in front of her, she slipped through all the applications to choose what to do next for the rest of the evening (or until someone decided to kick her out of the small studio), probably looking through options about what she would release for a next extended play, a new single, something. Just something to clear herself. Opening the Word documents, opening the audio editing application, opening the web browser. It was not until she then noticed the reflection on the screen that she then turned around in her place, arching an eyebrow at the sight. Not that she hated unexpected intruders, but she hated when this intruder would come in without her permission.

That one mischievous grin just made her roll her eyes, turning her attention back to what she had been mentally planning from the very start (the original reason of why she was there); the last thing she heard before feeling her chair being gently pushed back was a very deep (if possible) "YAH". Startled at this, her hands immediately gripped over the chair's forearms support, eyes widening at it as Taeyeon glanced back at the male figure now standing aside her. It was clear how scared she had gotten, as her ears caught the quick "dump, dump" sound hitting hard. From a moment to another and without her reacting earlier, the woman now had a big body sitting on her lap, her thighs immediately sensing the pressure of the round touching her skin, which felt like it would explode anytime soon. "Didn't you miss me?" she heard while one hand was placed on her left side of her face, index and thumb pinching jokingly on her almost non-existent cheek.

Taeyeon blinked a few times before her glabella went down, forming her cutest frown ever. "Get the freaking off of me, Byun Baekhy-"

"Yah, yah, I'll be the lightest man you will ever have on your lap, so calm down" he replied, leaning in to plant a small kiss on her wrinkled glabella. Baekhyun's thumb ran over the smooth painted skin, as the sudden silence he brought with his small romantic action lulled him for a couple of seconds. It had been pretty long since he had got into a serious chat with his girlfriend —since the day he decided it would be a good idea to run under the rain with his precious light-blue pajamas. Having to make her feel his hot breath on her forehead as he felt hers near his chin, he could slowly tell his skin was getting goosebumps. And the last thing he wanted was her laughing at him for being oversensitive for such a simple action.

Parting little by little, he then got a better view of her face. The hidden black rings, the signs of her base makeup, the eyeliner that was fading away from —what he supposed— rubbing her eyes too many times. The beauty in front him, the beauty he felt for. And when he had just considered her as his platonic one day in the past, the fact that he was from the very few people that got who they wanted made him truly special. Taeyeon then wrapped one arm around his tiny waist, tightening it as her chin then lifted, getting a bossy aura in front of the younger. "What are you doing here?" she asked, this time using a more serious tone but deep inside, both knew where this was leading to.

Rolling his eyes in the sassiest way, Baekhyun brought back his hand, crossing his arms over his chest. "Now it happens that I can't visit my girlfriend" he replied, annoyingly following the steps of that silly game of both. At the mention of girlfriend, he felt the older's free hand slam lightly over his tight, making him jump at the action. "Yah! What was that for?" 

"Remember there are people surrounding us, you big idiot" Taeyeon replied as in overreacting, her lips moving way too fast as she spoke almost the same speed a rapper of hundreds of words per-minute would. "Are you forgetting that even here, we are not safe?" she questioned, leaning her back against the seat's support while pulling the younger closer, since removing her arm around him was not an actual option.

"I know that" he simply answered, his head resting on her shoulder as he was awkwardly positioned on top of her, like a true big baby. Having his arms still crossed, made him look as if Byun was being comforted after being just nagged at by his sunbae. But then something flashed in his mind that made him automatically smile like a real idiot, and he knew Taeyeon sensed it as it was noticeable by the way his ears moved at the grin. 

"Now what?" he heard, as he just ended up exploding into a small laugh which was quickly drowned into her skin. "Hey, hey" she called, pushing him gently away at the ticklish sensation his giggle sent her body.

"Mommy!" he mentioned as in, English, with a cute tone and pronunciation about it. Just after hearing it, the woman held her breath before sighing, shaking her head while literally, becoming a laughing mess at the stupid ness that had invaded her boyfriend's body. From all the things Byun Baekhyun could have said, he specifically needed to say that one, and it did no good for none of them. She had heard those references coming from him before, and she would pinch her cheek or pull his ear whenever she heard them, as she disliked how immature the boy could get at times. But despite that immaturity of his, the lady still knew the real Baekhyun that had caught her attention when they both started to get along. 

"Byun Baekhyun, what did I say before?" she asked, putting pressure on her words as the younger remained in silence, his eyes wide open and staring right at her as in surprise. Shaking her head, she took a deep breath, "do I really look like the one at the top?" Taeyeon then added, noticing the change on Byun's face: from pale to a light pink, and if it wasn't because he was still wearing today's makeup, she could have sworn he had gotten completely red —besides his ears— and that he looked way too cute whenever she attacked back. Instead of an answer, she felt how he made a small jump on her lap, slamming his own thigh while making a pout. Arching a brow, she tilted her head. "Apparently, yes".

"Yah, stop teasing me" he pledged, this time relaxing his face muscles while getting closer to her face, both of their noses rubbing against each other. "We both know you are just a potato who leaves everything to—"

"Byun.Holy.Baek.Hyun" Taeyeon hissed under her breath, pressing her lips together after that while closing her eyes. Even after having just shown her disapprovement about that comment, he had remained still, both of their breaths coming into synchronization. Once again, silence invaded the small room. But it was not an awkw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter