final.

4 AM
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Having restless nights and being sweaty, he knew he was not going to make it any longer. Having taken a shower just a couple of hours ago to cool himself, it was useless by now. And the pouring rain hitting against the bedroom windows did not help at all to lull him to sleep. The man was slowly growing tired of it, regretting every single day the moment he chose to kick her out of his life.

 

Byun Baekhyun could not go on with at least a nap time during the dawn, but he knew it was going to be worth if he just put his feet on the ground to walk out of the four walls. Making his way to the corridor, he looked for his vehicle’s key, not caring if he was still wearing his light-blue colored pajamas for that night.

 

He indeed never passed his driving test but he did not care. The car parked in his garage should be used at least once by him –before it gets taken away for law infringement– and he was not going to waste that opportunity he had. Baekhyun was honest to himself– the man felt scared. Driving under the heavy rain was dangerous, especially when he lived away from where he was heading to. And the last thing that crossed his mind was the wheels slipping and making him crash against a wall protection.

 

No time for negative thoughts, he mentally said and slapped it. Baekhyun was not counting the times he had cleared the view to his front part, and neither he cared about it now. The brunet had in mind that if he did not try to clarify things before the sun set, day work was going to be a pain in his (and temples), and the fact that he would risk losing his job somehow pissed him off. Broken hearts were no excuse for a bad attitude at work.

 

Kim Taeyeon was not going to be the reason of him failing for the umpteenth time in his young adult time being.

 

And even though the car’s lights made him glance at the street names, he knew exactly where he was and how much was left. No more than five minutes. That’s how he realized how much he was in love with her, and how stupid he had been after four years of being in a relationship.

 

Baekhyun had denied it to all of their friends, he denied being in love, deep in love with her. His lips would always mouth “I only like her, I find her attractive, I can’t go on without my partner in crime”. The man never dared to think of himself being crazy for a woman, for falling over heels for someone. But damn it, he hated Taeyeon for changing his mind at that very moment.

 

The day he received a call from Taeyeon’s best friend, Hwang Miyoung, saying that the eldest was openly confirming they both had broken up because of Byun’s childish behavior, was it. The drop that spilled the glass.

 

And anger was taking over him, his fingers going numb over the wheel and his eyes getting filled with tears. No way was he going to be an idiot letting go of a precious treasure, the one he forgot to treasure the most.

 

But life has always put obstacles between everything and Baekhyun reaching Taeyeon was not the exception. “” he muttered as he remembered the disadvantages of driving under the rain. “The wires” he thought of when he saw the lights blinking; as soon as he could, he pulled to the side of the road, turning down the vehicle. His chest was going up and down as the sight of his breath was pretty clear. His left hand was still gripping on the wheel and his right one over the keys. The stereo had the hour showing up, almost 4 in the morning, and Baekhyun was a crazy parked outside someone’s house which he knew nothing about.

 

Pulling from the keys, he stepped out of the vehicle and closed the pilot door. A fancy man was there at the walk side, wearing light blue pajamas with black s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter