Alone Only For A Moment

Music, Style and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter
 Sheba

"I don't think this color will look good on you" Sheba whispered to herself.  She starts to take off the jackets she placed on Jimin.  Many people would be surprised how hands-on she was on sets but she only worked one way.

 All around Sheba the sound of activity filled the space.  Makeup artist, stylist, producers and stage crew were busy about the place rushing to put the last touches on the show.  It was to be a huge concert for BTS featuring some of the latest designer clothes.  Sheba ensured that some of the pieces on stage weren't even released to the public yet.  She enjoyed putting new things on bodies. Clothes and outfits that no one else would think of and yet they worked. The last drama she styled sparked new trends across Korea which of course meant the world. 

"Perfect" She smiled to herself as she picked a jacket off the rack that was a shade of red with undertones of peach and raspberry. She turns back to Jimin to find him staring at her. She looks back at him and they started to laugh. "Don't look at me that way!" Sheba chuckled, "I am fully aware I talk to myself" 

"I know but if I didn't understand English I would think you were displeased with me! Stop furrowing your eyebrows Noona" Jimin said as he takes his thumb and his index finger and smoothes out the skin between her eyebrows. She gently slaps away his hands. 

"Here, put this one on. It suits you better and..." Sheba started

"TEN MINUTES!! THEN WE'RE ARE LIVE!!" Yelled the producer in Korean.  Sheba turns back to Jimin to confirm what she heard since her Korean wasn't good yet. The members of BTS lined up on the podium that would raise them up to the main stage. Sheba runs her eyes across them quickly and yells out commands to those who need to fix anything wrong 

"FIVE MINUTES!!! EVERYONE TO YOUR PLACES," Producer yelled. Sheba nods in approval and scurries to the back of the stage to sit in front of a large monitor. She was there for the rest of the concert watching for the slightest flaw that may be off with the clothes, hair or makeup.  She saw some flaws but nothing that would warrant disappointment. She would do better next time. She smiles to herself as she thinks about working with BTS. She never expected work with them let alone actually be friends with a few them. Jimin had come to be one of her closest friends since she has been in Korea. 

At the end of the concert everyone was exhausted and of course, BTS members had more on their schedule to do. Sheba never knew how they did it.  She ensured that all the clothes were secured and sent to the respective cleaners. She sighed in relief. The night was done. She yelled out bye to everyone as she walked away grabbing her jacket, purse, and scarf. 

"Sheba! Why not go out with us? Enjoy some drinks." Rap Monster yelled out to Sheba. She politely said no in Korean from across the room while shaking her head making her curls wrap around her face. Jimin and Rap Monster look slightly disappointed but didn't get an opportunity to convince her as they were being pushed along by security. Sheba waves goodbye and hurriedly leaves the exit backstage. 

As she stepped outside crisp air tickled her lungs and nose. The noise of traffic, people laughs, their screams, tender voices from a lover's conversation, vendors selling street food, the clinking of glasses of the drinkers filled the air. Sheba closed her eyes and breathed in deeply as she allowed the sounds of the city and the cold to numb her senses. She tries to let it engulf her completely in hopes that it will overpower that feeling of loneliness. 

A car drives up next to her and she sees her driver in the front seat. As usually, on time. She enters the back seat of the car and closes the door. 

"Can you take me home, please? " He looks at her from the rearview mirror and nods his head. She requested a driver that spoke English and Korean. She wanted to practice her Korean but she didn't want to get lost in translation, literally. She sighed as she sunk into the leather seats and watched as the city stores and cafes rush passed her. 

All this noise...

                      All these people...

                                                 All this money...

                                                                       Still alone.....

The car came to a halt briefly at the stop light. She suddenly had a change of heart. "You know what, can you take me to my fav studio please," Sheba asked as leaned forward slightly shifting her head to see her drivers face. The red stop light reflected off him. He was a middle-aged man with dark well-groomed hair. Very handsome in his own way. His eyes were warm and his cheeks rose slightly as he smiled at Sheba. He must be happy that she was going anywhere but home. The light turned green and he swiftly changed lanes to take Sheba to her new location. Sheba sits back again trying to figure out what changed her mind. 

She arrives at her favorite recording studio. Here singers from across the spectrum come to record their songs.  She is well known there for sitting in on sessions just to listen to the music. She was never sure why she got away with it. Maybe they could tell she was really lonely or maybe word has gotten around she was a new stylist and she was looking for young talent to style. Or it could be that her father was a huge music producer in America and he showed her off to everyone he met.  Either way, she enjoyed hearing the process of making music. It reminded her of home. 

She greeted the persons at the lobby and asked who was in session today. No one she knew was in the studio tonight but two stu

Please log in to read the full chapter