Cookies & Cupcakes + Lies = Trouble or Love

My J

 

 

Chapter 7

Jessica’s POV

 

I was absent again today from school since my brother insisted that I should stay home and if I go to school he would drag me back home and knowing my brother he would definitely do that. I was really bored and nothing to do at home, I was just stuck in my room looking at what the maids or gardener do outside. It’s been two days that I’m like this. Then I suddenly remembered what Donghae said last Wednesday and it made me smile thinking tomorrow we would hang out. I was really wrong about him thinking he was a bad person and maybe I can do something to repay his kindness to me. He is the first person who accepts me as real person and not like in my previous school that I lost my best friend Yoona because of the bad rumors that jealous people spread about me and people who trick me. He is also the first one who talks and hangs out with me in the school. I was really happy that I met a person like him. Suddenly, I have thought of a way to repay him but I think I need help with it.

I went downstairs and look for our cook Kyungsoo-oppa in the kitchen. Kyungsoo-oppa is the son of our old cook Mr. Do Seungho and he was the one who always who played with me and my brother and sister when my parents aren’t there. He would also cook me food that I request even if his father would scold him for cooking. We were really close since he was the only one who I told everything even what happened in my previous school. He was 4 years older than my brother and since his father was in America serving my parents, he then worked here as our cook for us only when he’s class is finish or he doesn’t have class on that day. He would always prepare our lunches for school and sometimes he would prepare breakfast if his classes are in the afternoon. I saw him there cooking lunch for me since he doesn’t have classes today.

 

“Kyungsoo-Oppa” I said

“Ne, Jessica-sshi” Kyungsoo said

“Oppa plese stop calling me Jessica-sshi since it is just the two of us. I told you many times to call me Sica.” I said

“Okay, Sica, what brings you here? Lunch isn’t ready yet. Do you want me to cook something for you?” Kyungsoo said

“Well I would like to ask you a favor” I said

“What is it?” Kyungsoo said

“Can you teach me how to bake cupcakes and cookies?” I said

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he then chuckle.

“Yah! Oppa” I scream at him and he stops laughing.

“Okay, Sica. It’s just that I never thought you would ask me something like that since you have zero interest in cooking or baking since you’re only interested in eating or tasting it.” Kyungsoo said and I hit him at the side of his right shoulder and Kyungsoo touch the place where I hit him.

“Ouch! Sica that hurts……Why would I teach you?” Kyungsoo said

“I was going to give the cupcakes and cookies I made to my new friend to repay him for his kindness” I said

“Is it for the boy that came the other day?” Kyungsoo said and I nodded

“Do you like him?” Kyungsoo said and teased me and this made me blushed.

“Aniya, Oppa. I just want to repay him for all the good things he’d done for me” I said

“Okay, if you say so. I’ll teach you after I bought all the necessary ingredients that we needed for baking” Kyungsoo said

After lunch                     

Kyungsoo-Oppa’s baking lessons start

Kyungsoo-Oppa made me wear an apron and a baker’s hat and he was wearing one as well though the hat and apron is slightly bigger for me.

“Sica shall we start” Kyungsoo said and I nodded

He then showed me all the ingredients we would be using to make a cupcake and cookies. We would be making butter cookies and red velvet cupcakes and triple chocolate cupcake.

He teaches me the steps in making the cookies as he made them and I follow what he was doing.

We were finish making the cookies and put it in the oven after it was baked, mine didn’t turn out good since it was little bit burned and the shape is not good as what Kyungsoo-Oppa made. I pouted looking at the cookies that I made and I was about to cry but Kyungsoo-Oppa patted my head and said “It’s okay Sica since it is your first time making them. You can make a better one next time since I’ll help you make them” The things he said lightened my mood and I nodded at him.

We made another batch of cookies and this time it turned out right since Kyungsoo-Oppa help me but he did most of the job and he said that I should decorate it since he said I’m good in designing things.

I was decorating the cookies while Kyungsoo-Oppa made the cupcakes. We were having fun when suddenly Krystal went in and said “Waah! Smells delicious. Oppa what are you cooking?”

She then laughs when she saw me at the kitchen with all the outfit and mixing the cupcake batter.

“Unnie, what are you doing here?” Krystal asked

“I’m here baking and decorating the cookies and cupcakes that Kyungsoo-oppa and I made” I said

“What unnie, you bake? It’s the first time I heard such a thing since all you’ve cared about is eating. Are these cookies even edible?” Krystal said and laughs as she hold the first batch of cookies that I made.

“Yah! Krystal! If you don’t want it then don’t eat or touch it and it’s not for you in the first place” I said

“If it’s not for us then who would you give it to?” Krystal said

“It’s a secret” I said and Krystal then stood up like she already knows who I would give it to.

“Is it for the handsome boy next door” Krystal said

“Aniya!” I said completely denying Krystal that it is for Donghae but I just don’t want her to know since she might say it to Ilwoo-oppa and Oppa doesn’t like Donghae and I don’t know the reason why.

“You’re lying Unnie. I promise not to tell Oppa so please tell me who would you give it to?” Krystal said

“Fine, I’ll tell you but please don’t tell Oppa about it or he’ll really forbid me to go out tomorrow. Okay?” I said and Krystal nodded.

“You’re right that it’s for him” I shyly said to her.

“Is he your boyfriend?” Krystal said

“Aniya, we’re not like that and besides I’m too young for those kind of things and I just met him for like for 5 days” I said

“If you want I’ll make you two be together since I’m friends with his brother” Krystal said

“Hajima! Jeongmal Aniya. I don’t see him like that and he is the first guy friend I have after Kyungsoo-oppa and Ilwoo-oppa” I said

“But Unnie, you two are perfect for each other. You are definitely match made in heaven” Krystal said and this made me blush.

“Krystal, I think you watch too much tv and how do you know so much about love and stuff?”

“Hyosung-unnie (One of their maids and the one who takes care of Krystal) told me stories about her and her boyfriend” Krystal said

“Hyosung-unnie’s been clouding your mind with this love stuff” I said

Kyungsoo-oppa chuckled for the both of us and said “Stop arguing you two. Sica continue with the decorating and Krystal can you please help your sister or just wait till we’re done so you can eat okay?”

We both nodded and I continue with the decorating and Krystal was helping me. It was already 3:30 PM since we finished decorating and baking. I really love the cookies that we made since I’m the one who made the most of it with the help of Kyungsoo-oppa of course. The cookies are shaped are hearts, Letter Js for me, Letter Ds for Donghae, Fishes since I call him fish, Ks for Krystal and Kyungsoo-oppa, Is for Ilwoo-oppa, squares, Crowns and circles

We are now in the garden enjoying the cupcakes and cookies that we made and decorate as well as the tea Kyungsoo-oppa made. We were just there eating and laughing when Ilwoo-oppa arrive.

“What are you guys doing here? Can I join in?” Ilwoo said

“Sure you can, Ilwoo-ya. Sica and I made some cupcakes and cookies today” Kyungsoo said

“Sica made this? Jeongmalhaeyo?” Ilwoo said and sat down on the seat beside Kyungsoo.

Ilwoo grab a piece of cookie that I made for him which is the I-shaped cookie

“Wow! It’s delicious, Sooyeon-na……I can’t believe you made this” Ilwoo said and pats me in the head

“Komawo Oppa” I said

“Sooyeon-ah, why did you make these cookies and cupcakes today since I know you don’t have interest in these things?” Ilwoo said

I just stayed silent since I know if I tell oppa the truth he would really not let me go out of the house tomorrow. 

”I….I……..I was………….bored” I said

“But you wouldn’t like doing these kind of things even if you’re bored” Ilwoo said

I don’t know what to say to him. I was completely speechless since it really is not like me to do this kind of thing even when I’m bored because I would rather sleep, eat or just draw.

“I….” I said but that’s all I can say since I can’t think of anything.

“She said she wanted to ate some cookies and she was really bored watching me so I beg her to help me decorate and make the cupcakes and cookies” Kyungsoo said and look at me in the eye like telling me to just follow him so I nodded

“That’s right…..Oppa” I said

“Well okay…….that’s a relief I really thought you asked hyung to teach you so you can give it to that boy” Ilwoo said finally agreeing to the words oppa said but the last statement made me really guilty since it is the second time I lied to Oppa and the first time really hurt him when I said everything is okay with my previous school even though it’s not. But I have to lie for the sake of tomorrow.

After we ate, Krystal and I was about to go to the house next door or the Lee’s house to give the cookies, when my brother spotted us and said “Sooyeon-ah and Soojung-ah, where are you two doing?”

“We’ll…..just gonna buy something outside” Krystal said

“I’ll accompany you two” Ilwoo said

“It’s okay oppa, we can go just by ourselves” I said

“But, what if something bad happens to you two” Ilwoo said

“I think they can go by themselves” Kyungsoo said appearing behind Ilwoo

“But hyung…..” Ilwoo said

“If you’re really worried, I’ll come with them” Kyungsoo said and Ilwoo nodded and Krystal and I smiled

“Do you want to accompany me to go grocery shopping?” Kyungsoo said and we both nodded

When we were outside the house, Kyungsoo said “I know that you two would go next door so you’ll go ahead while I cover for you. I’ll pick you up later, Okay?”

“Ne, Kyungsoo-oppa” Krystal said

“Thanks Oppa” I said

We went to their house and rang the doorbell in their gate and the speaker said.

"Who’s there?" The voice said

“We’re from next door and I’m Donghae’s classmate Jessica and she’s Krystal...….” I said and Krystal continued “Taemin’s classmate”

“I’m here to give something to Donghae and ask him to borrow his notes since I was absent for 2 days” I said

“Taemin and I would do our homework together” Krystal said

“I’m sorry but Master Donghae is not here right now only Master Taemin is here would you like to wait inside?” said the speaker

“Yes” I said

The gate open and we went inside and in the living room there was a kid who was sitting on the couch and waving at us and suddenly he got up and said “Krystal!”

“Taemin-ah” Krystal said

“Who’s she?” he said

“She’s my sister” Krystal said

“Anyeonghaseyo! Lee Taemin-imnida, Nice to meet you” Taemin said

“Anyeonghaseyo! Jung Sooyeon-imnida but you can call me Jessica…Nice to meet you too” I said and shake his hand

Krystal and Taemin went and do their homework together and I was just sitting on the couch waiting patiently for Donghae. It’s been an hour since they were there and I was still sitting on the couch looking outside the window until Kyungsoo shows up to pick them up.

“Oppa!” Krystal suddenly stood up and I look up and saw Kyungsoo Oppa

“Sica and Krystal let’s go….home…Ilwoo might be worried” Kyungsoo said

I felt sad because I wasn’t able to see Donghae and gave him the cookies that I made.

Krystal stands up and says goodbye to Taemin. I also went to where Kyungsoo Oppa is. Kyungsoo-Oppa saw that I was sad and not being able to give the cookies yet so he signal me to ask to just give it to Taemin to give to Donghae.

I borrowed Krystal her notebook and write a note to Donghae. I tear the paper out of the notebook and ask Taemin to give it to Donghae.

“Taemin, can you give it to Donghae and tell him that I stop by. Thank you!” I said

Taemin nodded and we said goodbye to him. We went home and saw Oppa looking at us and he looks mad.

“Sooyeon and Soojung, where have you two been?” Ilwoo said

“We went grocery shopping with Oppa” I said

“I know you two are lying and you went next door” Ilwoo said

“We’re sorry Oppa” Krystal and I said

“Sooyeon-ah, I know I’ve told you that you shouldn’t go there yet you went. How could you lie to me?” Ilwoo said

“I’m sorry oppa” I said

“I forbid you to go outside tomorrow with him” Ilwoo said

“But Oppa, Unnie just- -“Krystal said but I cut her off and said “It’s okay Krystal”

I was crying and looking at Oppa. I was mad at him so I went crying and running upstairs to my room. I slam and locked the door as I went inside.

End of Jessica’s POV

Ilwoo’s POV

I know I’ve been harsh yet it’s the first time that I scold her. I saw her crying and it break me but Jessica never lies to me yet after she has met this boy she did. I think Jessica shouldn’t be with this boy anymore and I don’t want her to be with him anymore and I think what I did was the right thing.

After I saw her crying and running upstairs I broke down and sat on the table.

“Oppa you’re so mean. Unnie is just like this because she gains a new fried and it’s been a while since she can fully trust other person except for her family” Krystal said crying and went upstairs to Jessica’s room

“Soojung come back here” I said

My heart broke the second time since Krystal has never been angry with me.

“You shouldn’t have done that Ilwoo” Kyungsoo said

“Jessica was just excited to have a new friend and why are you just mad at this Donghae kid?” Kyungsoo said

“I just can’t stand that boy. He gives off this cocky attitude and he made Jessica lie” I said

“Jessica lied because she knows you’ll forbid her to go. Why can’t you trust her sometimes? Even though she’s a still a kid but she thinks like an adult” Kyungsoo said

“I think you should go and apologize to her” Kyungsoo said

I’ve been thinking all night what I should do I think I should apologize tomorrow when she wakes up

End of Ilwoo’s POV

Donghae’s POV

I went home right after soccer practice. I was tired and I saw my brother already eating dinner without me.

“You started to eat without me again” I said

“I’m already hungry” Taemin said

I was also eating dinner when Taemin suddenly spoke

“Ah! I almost forgot Hyung” Taemin said

“The brown haired girl from next door came and ask me to give you this box and letter” Taemin said

Brown haired girl and live next door???? Did she mean Jessica? Jessica went here

I open the box and it’s a box full of cookies with D’s and fishes. I chuckle and Taemin peek in to see what’s inside

“Wow cookies can I have some” Taemin said

“You can’t have any” I said

“You’re so selfish and mean” Taemin said and went back to his seat

I went to my room and look at the window.

I open and read the letter and chuckle at her cuteness

In the letter

Donghae-yah,

Thank you for helping get home and take care of me when I was sick. Thank you for sending me the reading materials for school. Thank you for the things you’ve done for me and most important thing of all thanks for being the very first friend since I got here. I can’t wait for our hanging out tomorrow.

-- Jessica (◕‿◕ )

 

“I hope tomorrow would be a great day” I said while looking at the night sky.

End of Donghae’s POV

 

 

Author’s Note:

I’ll explain the ages okay so that you’ll not be confused:

Jessica, Donghae, Eunhyuk and Shindong – 9 years old

Krystal and Taemin – 7 years old

Ilwoo – 14 years old

Kyungsoo – 18 years old and is already a college student.

I hope you’ll like my update and be able to wait for my next update okay. Please do subscribe and comment. I made D.O made a Cameo since I’m so addicted to EXO and I really love D.O’s eyes since it looks like you’re being into it. Next Chapter which is Chapter 8 would be the 2nd to the last chapter for part 1 of the story or the childhood days of Jessica and Donghae and the date of Donghae and Jessica and new characters would be introduce in Chapter 10 meaning Shindong would not be around and Ilwoo would still be around but he would not appear in every chapter and the other members of Super Junior and SNSD would be there. I would probably be late again in updating since I also want to update in my other stories so please wait for it.

If you have time please do check my story that I based on the reality TV show in America which is the Bachelorette starring Jessica and all the idols that you ship with her. (This is the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/290214)