Chapter One : The way things turned out

A twist of fate

We all exhaled heavily, puffing strands of hair out of our faces.

“Aw man! I’m shattered!” Exclaimed Minho, collapsing to the ground. I just leant against the wall gulping down A LOT of water.

“Jinki-ah, why do you have to mess up every ten seconds?” Taemin huffed, plonking himself on the floor with his arms and legs crossed.

“I have weak stamina okay?!” Jinki wailed, throwing his arms up in the air.

“Key Eomma! Tell Onew he needs to practice more!” Taemin whined, pounding his hands on the floor.

“Aish! Stop being so irritating Taemin-ah,” I muttered, grabbing a spare towel that was sprawled across the floor.

We had only just managed to get the dance “Sherlock” perfect, although the amount of times we had to go over the same part again because of Jinki was uncountable. 

“Yah! Stop being so horrible to me, I’m your leader!” Jinki snapped, playfully hitting Taemin on the head. 

“Eomma! Onew-hyung is bullying me!” Taemin yelled. Not long after he hauled himself from the floor and started chasing Jinki around the room, shouting and wailing, occasionally slipping on the floor. 

I just sighed and sat myself down, closing my eyes. I couldn’t deny that I loved all of the members in this group, but there’s just that one thing in their personality that could either irritate me, or lead me to shouting at them. However at the same time, I admired that they didn’t change for anyone, and I wouldn’t want that taken away. 

“Ugh, at least we have a free day tomorrow,” the almost too familiar soothing voice sounded beside me, followed by a deep sigh and heavy breathing.

“I have to meet Nicole, so no rest for me,” I grumbled, peeling my eyes open painfully. 

“Aw, who’s gonna’ cook for us then… Eomma?”

“Shut it shorty!” I snapped, shooting Jonghyun with a cold glare.

“Ah! My heart, no!” He gasped, gradually sliding down to the floor, his hands clasped against his chest until he appeared lifeless. 

“You’re all little kids! Why do I have to take care of you all?” I groaned, despite a small smile painting itself across my lips.

At this current moment in time, Taemin, Jinki AND Minho were wrestling on the ground, all yelling and grunting, and to be quite honest I couldn’t take it any more.

“All of you shut up and get to your rooms now!” I yelled, struggling to lift myself from the floor. All three heads turned in my direction, along with three pairs of eyes holding a petrified gaze, “you all smell disgusting, go take a shower! You’d better be ready for food!”

As soon as the word “food” slipped out of my mouth, the three of them scrambled off the floor, hurdling to the door like a herd of elephants. All I could do was chuckle and head out of the studio with Jonghyun trailing behind me.

 

*

 

Standing at the stove, I couldn’t help but reminisce the time my grandmother and I cooked this dish together. The fresh vegetables all fried together, to then have the chopped segments of beef thrown into the same pan. I then moved onto checking the sticky rice as a cloud of vapour greeted my face, heating it in an instant. 

“Hm, two more minutes for that,” I concluded and strolled to the fridge to pick out some lettuce leaves. I hummed “Sherlock” seeing as it was repeated non stop when we were practicing. 

Making my way to the sink I rinsed the leaves and dried them slightly before placing them in a bowl that would seat itself in the middle of the table. 

Returning to the frying food that was now ready, I placed some bowls out and put a fair share in each, dunking some rice in afterwards, mixing it thoroughly.

As soon as I turned around with two bowls in my hands, four hungry faces were gaping at me desperately. Taemin had his eyes completely stitched back whilst a slight whimper escaped his mouth. Minho’s mouth was ajar, allowing the slightest bit of drool to dribble out. Onew just sat there with a spoon and chop sticks grasped firmly in his hands, whilst Jonghyun sat there in a patient manner, however the hunger in his eyes was just too clear to avoid.

“Okay, okay. Food is ready,” I stated in a patronising tone, placing the first two bowls down. 

When the sound of scoffing and chewing filled the room, I smiled and started walking out of the kitchen.

“Where are you going Eomma?” Taemin wailed with his mouth full, the odd segment of rice flying across the table.

“I’m just taking a quick shower…” I started, turning around, “and don’t speak with you mouth full!” I suddenly snapped, pointing my index finger at Taemin, who now looked terrified. He nodded slightly and carried on with eating while Jonghyun chuckled.

 

*

 

The warm water trailed down my body and I soon felt relieved, smiling inanely.

I finished quickly and ruffled my hair with the towel, looking at myself in the mirror.

“How much you’ve changed Kim Kibum… what happened to that quiet, shy boy eh?” I chuckled to myself, ruffling the now blonde/brown mop of hair on my head. 

 

***

 

A/N : Hi guys! So this is just an introductory chapter to all of the members, sort of giving you a basic idea of their personalities! 

HOPE YOU ENJOY!