Chapter Two : The start of something

A twist of fate

The next morning dawned upon me quicker than I’d hoped, well, my alarm was the one that woke me up. I let out a forced groan and rubbed my eyes, desperately wanting to pause time and sleep for another good two hours. However life wasn’t as kind as that, and it appeared time wasn’t either.    

I couldn’t deny that a churning ball of happiness was swirling in my stomach however, because I was about to meet my girl-as-a-friend, Nicole. You can say I’ve had an unusual crush on her ever since we met, but I’ve never had the courage to confess.

Taking a quick refreshing shower, I fluffed up my hair slightly so it wouldn’t look so flat and rummaged through my wardrobe.

“What to wear, what to wear?” I kept muttering to myself as I swiftly shuffled through the endless clothes I had, “do I go casual, or dressy? Or maybe in between?” 

“Do you need help with anything?” A sleepy voice entered the room. By instinct I leapt inside the wardrobe out of fright, not recognising who it was, “it’s only me, pabo,” the voice said again, chuckling slightly.

I whipped my head around the door of the wardrobe, suddenly feeling anger swell up inside me, “you scared the out of me Jonghyun!” I hissed, climbing out from the surrounding of clothes, slapping his arm, grumbling afterwards.

“You sure are tense aren’t you?” He retorted with a smirk plastered on his face. I shot him a dirty glance, earning a motion of both his hands in the air. 

“Why are you hear again?” I sighed, continuing to search through the never ending rack of clothes.

“I asked if you needed help with choosing clothes. You’re meeting Nicole today aren’t you?” 

“Yes. I am,” I stated shortly, focusing my attention on picking something decent out.

“Shall I help?”

“If you really want to.”

“Okay, shift,” he ordered and pushed me back onto the bed.

“Aish, this kid is so rude,” I muttered to myself, crossing my arms over my chest. I heard a giggle from Jonghyun and frowned, “what sort of a giggle was that? You sound like a girl!”

“Just shut up and bare with me,” he mumbled, still audible to my ears.

“You shouldn’t be telling me to shut up anyway,” I snorted, forgetting one important detail. 

“Remember that I am older than you, so you should naturally call me ‘hyung’,” Jonghyun sniggered. 

Yeah, he caught me.

“Aish!” I sighed, tapping my foot impatiently on the floor.

“Here! This should look dressy yet casual for you,” Jonghyun finally turned around with a complete outfit. 

“At least you have taste,” I muttered, taking the clothes from his hands, “thanks for helping me, you may leave now.”

“Nope!” Jonghyun replied giddily.

“No? I don’t want you to see me getting dressed!” I shrieked, feeling a strong blush creep up to my cheeks.

“There’s nothing wrong with two men seeing each other get dressed,” he mused innocently.

“W-what? Are you c-crazy?!” I spluttered. I saw a look of sadness phase over his previous giddy expression. I sighed, “fine, just turn around if you’re so insistent on seeing how it looks on me.”

Opening the wardrobe mirror I turned my back to Jonghyun and started changing out of my pyjamas (yes I put my pyjamas on after I shower, just so I don’t have to worry about anyone walking in while I’m in my boxers).

“Jonghyun, turn around. Now,” I ordered, receiving a chuckle as a reply. I slipped on the ripped jeans that Jonghyun selected for me, slightly averting my gaze to Jonghyun’s back. As I looked up to his head, I could see how it was slightly turned. My heart beat ever so fast at this moment in time as our eyes locked through the mirror’s reflection.

“I told you not to look!” I squealed, turning around with lasers replacing my eyes.

“Ah! Key Eomma don’t hurt me!” Jonghyun held his hands up with a petrified expression that made me laugh.

“You shouldn’t have peeked then should you?!” I started hitting his chest, not caring that mine wasn’t covered with a shirt. With one last shove he fell onto the bed. I smirked, “don’t underestimate my power you—”

Before I could finish my sentence, firm hands grabbed my waist and pulled me over. Because I squeezed my eyes shut in that split second, I didn’t realise that I’d actually fallen onto Jonghyun… my bare chest pressed against his (unfortunately) covered one. I widened my eyes, realising our suggestive position and sprung from the bed. I coughed nervously, “well, erm… I guess there’s nothing to be embarrassed about anymore.”

Carrying on with getting dressed, I admired myself in the mirror. Seeing the baggy jumper somehow compliment my petite figure, I couldn’t help but smile through my sunglasses, turning my attention to the snap back that was put on at a slight angle, my fluffy blonde fringe tickling my eyebrows.

“I’ve gotta’ say, you look attractive,” Jonghyun said in a deeper voice than usual, suddenly gasping at what he’d just said, “I-I, mean you know, from a g-girls point of view.”

All I could do was smile sweetly at his cuteness, “well Nicole will definitely love this, thanks to you Jonghyun,” I turned around and patted his shoulder, trying to cover the intense blush that hit my cheeks by turning my head in the other direction. 

I wish I could forget about what happened earlier, it’s making me so god damn nervous. 

Jonghyun let out a nervous laugh, coughing afterwards, “well you get going and enjoy your day… Eomma,” he said the last word in a hurry, before giggling like a little child and ran out of the room.

Not noticing that I was grinning like a fool, I slapped my face, “geez, stop thinking such insane thoughts Kibum!” I gave my body a little shake before collecting my phone and keys, heading out to the hallway.

“KimKey! Where are you going?” I heard Minho’s voice sound from the kitchen.

“I’m off to meet Nicole!” I said back to him, slipping on some boots. 

“Hm, hope you have an eventful time,” Minho’s voice became closer, so I turned around to see him leaning on the wall, with a mischievous grin planted on his face.

“Don’t get any stupid ideas in your head Frog Prince,” I smirked whilst heading out of the door, hearing Minho protest, throwing a paddy at the name I gave him. 

PING!

I looked at my phone and saw a message from Nicole. I smiled and opened the message:

I’ve arrived at the arranged place! See you soon!

My smile widened and I jogged to my car looking forward to my day.