Chapter 7

Missing Piece

Yuri's POV

 

I was there so often that the nurses recognized me and we became on a first name basis. It had been a week. Sica had assured that everything was well, perhaps they were just resting. I was doing some of my own work that I had been ditching. Just being near him made me at ease and I could concentrate. I heard a groan and looked up, my eyes widening to see him waking up. I looked over at his friend and saw he was waking up too and called Sica. She rushed in with Fany and checked up on them.

"About time you guys woke up" Sica scolded, but was smiling.

"As per your supervisors' requests, I will be the only one helping with the rehab as well. I imagine you guys want to get well quickly, but your health comes first. Yoong, let's--"

I flashed her a look and she raised her eyebrows at me but understood.

"Rhett, we'll start with you first today then" Sica said and wheeled him out.

Fany squeezed my hand and smiled before leaving too.

"I was waiting for you" 

He traced my fingers and I tightened my hand around his.

"I'm going to tell you something, Yoong. But please don't interrupt me or say or do anything until I'm finished, okay?"

He slowly nodded. I held his hand for support and exhaled.

"When I was with...him...I got pregnant after he... me. I thought he might change after knowing I was carrying his child, but..." I shook my head.

I looked up to see fire and anger in his eyes.

"He beat me and...I eventually lost the baby. Then he disappeared. Sica knows...I...she knew somehow"

"I could kill him" He said softly, but dangerously.

"Yoong, you're the first guy to make me feel loved...that I can be safe, trusted and loved"

He pulled me into a hug and somehow, I understood that it was partly to make me feel comforted but also for him to calm down.

"I will never let you down, Yuri..."

We kissed and I rubbed my thumb over his hand, trying to control his anger. Soon, I felt him calming down, but knew that it would still linger in his heart. Sica came a bit later, wheeling Rhett in. She looked at me and I just nodded. Yoong and her left.

 

Jessica's POV

 

He didn't talk for much of the first session. He was progressing well, fast, I had to admit. I told him to take a break and he downed a water bottle quickly.

"You know"

He looked directly at me and I knew what he was talking about. I leaned against the wall, sipping my own water bottle.

"I figured it out. She was...acting weird. And I finally wheedled the truth out of her. I tried to save the baby..." I gazed down at the floor.

"But part of me didn't want to. I was conflicted. I didn't want her to have any damn connection to him. It's not the baby's fault, I know. But...god, I could have killed him. We warned her. He was no good, but he was sweet and charming to her at first. After what happened to Tiffany, I told her she had to make a choice. Him or us" I said.

One of his teammates poked his head in. He had something in his hand, something small.

"A jammer" He explained after noticing me look at it.

"He's connected to the Rx Mercenary Group. He does some work for them, though I doubt he realizes who they actually are. They all use nicknames or false ones" Ash said.

"I need to be cleared for duty" Yoong said.

"Absolutely not. You are still recovering" I denied it.

"I need to be cleared. I'm well enough" He argued.

"Two days. Two more days to be rested" I compromised.

"Aye, just take it, L. It'll be a couple of days to work out a location anyhow. Rhys and Kyou are working on figuring out a set up"

Yoong exhaled but nodded.

"Keep you posted" Ash said and left.

"You rest a lot, drink lots of fluids and stay with rehab. Or else I'm kicking your " I said and he smiled a bit.

We were soon done with his first session and I wheeled him back. Yuri was there talking with Sunny and Tiff. I kissed my Tiff in greeting.

"Brought some food for Yuri and you, Jessi. I know how much you hate cafeteria food" Tiff said.

She knew me so well and I took the coffee as well.

"How was rehab?" Yuri asked.

"She threatened to kick my " Yoong said and they laughed.

His friend was sleeping and I checked his chart, making sure everything was correct. I knew his teammates were still out there, but nobody seemed to notice as of yet.

~~~~~~~

Yoong's POV

 

I was staring out the window. I felt so furious after hearing what had happened to her. Nobody should have to go through that.

"L, you're thinking too much"

I looked over and saw Rhett drinking his water.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

He pointed a finger at me.

"You love her. You know that, your heart and brain knows that"

I frowned, still not getting it.

"Aye, I know you must be angry, Yoong. But we will get justice for her and her friend. Not because it's our job, but because they damn well deserve it. Just remember you're not alone"

I chuckled, feeling some of the tension go away. Jessica came in just then.

"Good to see you two. I have to say, it's remarkable how fast you two are recovering"

"We're superhumans, what can we say?" Rhett joked.

"Have you received any updates or orders yet?"

We shook our heads.

"Drink lots of water, eat and keep resting. Get a walk in there as well. Let me know when you hear anything" Jessica said and we nodded.

Yuri came just then and I smiled widely when I saw she was holding a bag from my favorite burger place. I said I was going to take a walk and she left the other bag for Rhett on the table. It felt good to get some fresh air.

"Will you be getting discharged soon?"

"I hope so. Being in hospitals " And she chuckled.

"Jessica could be a drill sergeant"

"We tell her that everyday" Yuri smiled.

I enjoyed just being able to look at her. Even if there was silence, it was a comfortable one. I could look at her all day long and never get bored.

"What...? Do I have something on my face?"

She frowned, feeling her face and I couldn't help but smile.

"No, I just can't help looking at you. You're gorgeous" And she blushed.

My phone buzzed and I exhaled, reading the message.

"We should head back"

She must have noticed the change in my tone as I saw the worried look on her face. We went back to my room and I saw everyone there already. Kyou handed me a fresh pair of uniform and I changed into it. 

"Be safe" Yuri murmured and I squeezed her hand before leaving with everyone. We got on a jet and were briefed there.

"We just received orders. Intel believes we may have located a cell in Syria. Satellite imagery will keep us updated every half hour" Our superior said.

"What's the force?"

"Believed to be about twenty people. Not clear on what firepower they have or if they have hostages. What's clear is we do this quietly as possible. They're located near a dense population area, meaning families, kids, innocent bystanders"

We looked at each other. We wouldn't let them get hurt. After getting briefed, we examined our weapons and bags, making sure everything worked properly.

"Time is determined to be an hour for the full takedown. But Commander, you will use your judgement as necessary and make the calls. Relay any problems" And I nodded.

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

Yuri was worried and had every right to be. I hoped Yoong and his teammates would be able to take them down. After attending the memorial services of the two agents I had lost a few weeks ago, I was determined more than ever. They had been good agents, good people. They shouldn't have died, leaving family members behind. Sica had taken some personal leave to be with Fany, who had assured her she was fine, but Sica was stubborn. And more likely, determined as well, that there wouldn't be a repeat of the past. Before Yoong had left, he had assured me that there would still be security around us. I looked to my side and saw Sunny's sleeping face. I kissed her forehead lightly, to not wake her up and went downstairs.

"Couldn't sleep either?"

Yuri handed me a cup of warm milk and I smiled lightly.

"I wish I could be there for the takedown too. Getting justice for the agents I lost..."

"I wish Yoong was here by my side. God, Taeng...I just...I've never felt this worried or scared before" Yuri admitted.

"He's really good at his job. He'll come back. Especially if you're waiting for him here" I pat her hand.

"Fany was right. I...I want to take a chance with him. I know he's different than everyone out there"

"You two are meant to be together. I believe that" I firmly said and she laughed.

"You know, what Sica said last time, struck me. About how he was there to visit his half-sister. Sica said she looked into everyone but nothing flagged"

"I doubt he would lie about that..." But it got me curious as well.

"Either way, let's distract ourselves from worrying. We got a big project coming up so let's try to focus on that" I said and she sighed.

We both parted ways to our rooms and I slid in under the covers next to her, wrapping my arms around Sunny.

"Where...have you been?" She mumbled and I just smiled, kissing her forehead.

She was soon asleep again and reluctantly, my body fell into a restless sleep.

 

 

 

 

*********

I was very sad to see Tiffany, Seohyun and Sooyoung leaving. But I understand they have their own paths to follow. I will always support all 9 of them, hoping that they would one day all be back together. In the meantime, I will always be a SONE. So I hope everyone will be as well and support them all as if they were still together =)