Day 1 (Namjin)

A Song to Tell a Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

What are you doing today?

Are you busy?

If not,

Do you want to hang out with me?

~

"Jin hyung!" I jogged to catch up. Seokjin didn't turn around, continuing to walk down the paved path. "Hey," I breathed after catching up.

"Hey," said Seokjin.

"So... uh... what are you doing?" I asked.

"Walking," said Seokjin, still not looking at me.

"Do you want to maybe get boba with me?"

Seokjin shrugged. "Sure."

~

I have something to tell you

Well, it's nothing special

But

~

I smiled across the table from Seokjin, who had also ordered a small slice of cake before knowing that I was going to pay for everything. Seokjin talked about the school's production of Beauty and the Beast that he was going to be in with a light in his eyes that could outshine the stars any day.

~

I think I like you

~

I dropped Seokjin off at his house.

"You didn't have to walk me, you know," he said.

I smiled. "It's not good to walk alone."

Seokjin creased his eyebrows. "You're going to be walking alone now."

"I can take care of myself."

Seokjin scoffed. "And I can't? I'm older than you, you know."

I bent down a little, so our heights matched. "Of course, hyung."

Seokjin backed away, blushing slightly. "W-well, I'm going to go inside now."

"See you later, hyung!"

"Y-yeah." Seokjin almost ran in to his house.

~

I've never said that before

But really, I'm not kidding

From today,

From now

Will you be mine baby?

~

I waved goodbye to the girls I'd been talking to, slinging my backpack over my shoulder and exiting the classroom. A little down the hallway in the direction I was walking, I spotted Seokjin. Before I could approach him and say hi, another guy did. I couldn't hear what they said, but the way Seokjin smiled shyly and lightly hit the other guy on the chest made my heart ache a little, and I turned away from the scene, opting to take the long way to my next class.

~

Of all the ugly guys

~

"Namjoon!"

I smiled, dropping my bag next to the table. "Hey, Kookie."

Yoongi offered me a nod.

"Are you going to visit Jin hyung again today?" asked the youngest.

I shook my head. "No, it's okay. I think he's busy with Jaehwan and whatnot. I think I've been annoying him a little too much lately."

Yoongi could probably see through my fake smile, but he didn't say anything, instead giving me an intense stare I ignored until he finally looked away.

~

I'm the best looking

~

"Namjoonie!" I turned briefly as another friend joined my side while I walked between classes.

"Hey, Jackson."

He slapped my back. "What are you doing after school today?"

I shrugged. "Nothing."

Jackson gasped. "Really? Wow. Usually you've got so much stuff going on. You wanna play soccer with us?"

I nodded. "Why not?"

A little to my left, I spotted Seokjin looking in my direction. But as soon as I met his gaze, he turned away.

~

What do I have to do

To let you know how I feel

Thinking of you drives me crazy

~

We were at the movies, Jungkook spotting Seokjin and calling him over before I could do anything.

"Did you come with anyone?" asked Jungkook.

Seokjin nodded. "My older brother's here. He's getting snacks right now. Is Yoongi here?"

Jungkook nodded. "He's getting us snacks, too!"

Seokjin looked at me, and I smiled at him. He looked down.

"So, Jin hyung, do you have any plans this weekend?"

Seokjin shrugged. "Not really. I have rehearsals both days, but that's only in the morning. Why?"

Jungkook nudged my arm with his elbow, doing weird things with his eyebrows.

"What?" I whispered.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. He sighed loudly. "Wow, it sure that sometimes people have to go to events alone without dates. Especially when their mothers are bothering them about getting a girl or boyfriend and they still haven't broken through the friend zone with their crush."

I pursed my lips at Jungkook's not-at-all-obvious acting. Seokjin didn't seem to have caught on, though, looking at Jungkook with his eyebrows pulled together in confusion.

I decided to take initiative. "Jinnie hyung, wanna go to a party with me? It's a reunion thing with students from our old school. Maybe you got the invitation, too?"

Seokjin turned his focus to me. "Yeah, I did. Sure, I'll go with you."

Then we were pulled apart by Yoongi and Seokjin's brother.

The movie was easily tuned out with the thoughts of my maybe-date with Jin only a few days away.

~

I'm not that handsome

But I think I look cute when I smile

~

"You ready?"

"I think? Actually, I don't like this shirt. I'm going to change."

I smiled as Seokjin disappeared into his room again. Maybe a minute passed before he was out again. "Pink?" I said questioningly.

Seokjin visually deflated. "It's too much, huh? I thought so. I'll go change again. Sorry for making you wait so long--"

"No, no, no, no, no, no. I meant, pink is good. You wear it well. It's really... you."

Seokjin smiled a little, looking shyly down at the ground. "Thanks."

I had the sudden urge to pull him into an embrace and kiss him, but I settled with placing a hand on his back. "Wanna head out now?" He nodded.

~

I'll do better than all the other guys out there

~

"Kim Seokjin, is that you??" A guy around our age that I didn't know ran up to Jin and gave him a hug before pulling him off into a crowd so I was alone.

"Well that happened faster than I thought it would," I muttered to myself.

"Namjoon?" a small voice behind me whispered. I turned to face the black haired girl.

"Joohyun! It's been a while, hasn't it?"

"Only a couple of years," she said.

I nodded. "We're almost out of school. Besides college, of course. Anyway, how are you?"

Before she could answer, another person bounded out of the mass of people and joined us.

"Namjoonie hyung!"

"Hi, Tae," I said, struggling to breathe through his arms. He hopped off my back and released my throat. "So, how's life been?"

A few hours later, and it seemed that someone had brought alcohol, because tens of people were now completely wasted. Taehyung and Joohyun included. I left them to continue their competition of who could get a girl or boy first and looked for Seokjin. When I found him, he had his arms around two guys that I recognized to be his old friends. One refused to walk, while the other hung off Seokjin like a rag doll.

"Come on, guys. You need to go home. I'll take you. Just come with me."

"No!" said the one who wasn't moving. "I want something to drink."

Seokjin sighed. "You've had enough already. Let's just go, Mark."

I swooped in an

Please log in to read the full chapter