Daisy (Moonsun)

A Song to Tell a Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Daisy

Aways climbing up the same tree

Finding love in all the wrong scenes

Daisy

You got me

~

Is it so wrong to be in love? If it's your best friend? If she's a girl, and you're a girl? If you've kept this crush for 10 years? Even when she was dating someone?

Probably.

But that didn't stop me.

How could I not fall for her? She's so pretty and adorable and extra and perfect. And she can always take my breath away just by saying a few words or wearing something nice, or even just walking. We were friends in middle school. Very close, very quickly. She had a bunch of other friends, too, but I only needed her.

High school is when I realized I loved her. It hurt a lot. I knew as soon as I realized why I always felt weird around her and why I treasured her so much and why it bothered me that she was special to everyone else, too. It's not like I could say anything. She wouldn't like me back. It would ruin our friendship. Also, she was always in a relationship. With a guy.

I watched her go out countless times over the years of our friendship. None of them lasted for more than a year, because none of the guys were good enough for her and none of them realized that she was perfect and they were idiots to leave her.

~

Daisy

Always walking down the wrong streets

Starting fires out of dead weeds

Daisy

You got me

~

Okay, I said none of them lasted more than a year. All of them didn't... except one. The relationship she's in right now.

"Stop it!" a high pitched voice yells, giggles mixed in. I hear banging sounds as Yongsun stumbles through the front door, hitting the walls and not being able to stand due to the four inch heels she's no doubt wearing. Also due to the copious amounts of alcohol she's probably had.

I sigh and stand from the couch, where I'd been watching TV. I make my way to the front door and watch as her boyfriend tries to reign her in, holding her wrist and reaching out to try and carry her. She pulls away and pushed weakly at him. She turns her head, and her eyes brighten.

"Byulyi!" she squeals, staggering like a baby giraffee in my direction. She trips and starts falling forward, making no move to try and cushion her fall. In half a second, I am there catching her and pulling her up against me. So now, she's leaning against me with our faces centimeters apart. Wonderful.

"Byul... yi..." Yongsun breathes, delicately placing her hands on the sides of my face. I stiffen. "You're so... pretty."

Her boyfriend chooses then to speak. "I'm leaving her here, okay?"

I move my head away from Yongsun's to look at him. "Why can't she stay with you?"

He bites his lip and runs a hand through his hair. "Because... I-- it's complicated."

I frown. "Okay. Fine then. Pick her up tomorrow?"

"Um, sure. Bye." And he's gone.

Yongsun uses her hands still on my face to pull me back to her. She exhales through in my face, and it reeks of alcohol. Her cheeks are rosy and her eyelids are half closed. Then, she closes them all the way and slowly starts leaning in, puckering her lips a tiny bit.

I panic. "No! No no no no." I lean back out of her hold on my cheeks. "You're drunk and tired, Yongsun. Let's get you to bed." I manage to half lead, half drag her to my bedroom and lay her on my bed. "Sleep here, okay? If you need anything, I'll be in the living room." I turn to leave, but before I can, she grabs my wrist.

"No, Byullie! Stay. Sleep with me." She's pouting, and I can't say no to that.

I sigh. "Fine." I climb in beside her, and s

Please log in to read the full chapter