Chapter 1

The PAST and The FUTURE

CHAPTER 1

When I was 7 years old, I saw something..No..I can predict something when I see something like glass, and I knew who touched theglass. My prediction was always right. I can also..Predict human past and SOME of their future just by looking at them. I though it was just a coincidence and normal..But..I was wrong..

“Auntie, did you meet Mr.Han just now?” I look Mrs.Lee, who was shock and nervous by my question while his husband was beside her, who had heard my question. “No..What are you talking about Baekhyun-ah?” she laughs nervously while rubbing his arm. “But auntie, that necklace, Mr.Han gave you that to you right?” her husband just notice her necklace around her neck and he look at his suspiciously and I can see that Mrs.Lee eyes was shaking a bit.

He grab the necklace while it was still around her neck “What is this? I never gave you this.” Mr.Lee voice was getting a bit loud as if he was about to get mad at Mrs.Lee “Honey, its—“ Mr.Lee cut off his wife’s word “Is it truth? About what the boy was saying?” Mrs.Lee immidieatly deny “ No, absol..Absolutely not! I never—“

“But, I saw you..” as I was about to finish my word “HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?! DID YOU SEE ME WITH MR.HAN? ARE YOU EVEN AT THE HOTEL---“ Mrs.Lee gasp and close in shock as she accidently spill the truth. Her husband scoff “No wonder you said you always have a meeting. Huh!”

“No, honey I can explain. Mr.Han and I was just close friend.” Mr.Lee laughs in sarcasm way and he clap his hand “Bravo!” “Honey please—“

“You! Pack your all of your things and get out of my house and don’t meet the kids ever again. Ill take care of them. Lets just get a divorce.” his husband leave after that while Mrs.Lee eyes was widened in shock as she heard the ‘divorce’ word from Mr.Lee mouth.

She then look at with a glare and slap me on my cheek, I winced in pain and rub my red cheek. “You..HOW DID YOU KNOW? A KID LIKE YOU..JUST HOW?! DID YOU FOLLOW ME?! DID YOU STALK ME..No..WHO TOLD YOU?!”

“ No..Mrs.Lee I…Its just..I saw that vision while I look at you.” I hold In my tears and told myself not to cry. “You are just like your mother! Always into someone else business and saying nonsense things! In fact, you and your mother are crazy! No wonder your mother died because of her crazy illness.” She scoff and continue “Like mother, like son after all, did exist.” she then leaves.

I was there sitting alone as my tears roll down into my cheeks “Mrs.Lee..Was mean.” I mumbled and quickly wipe my tears off my cheeks. It’s actually my first time seeing Mrs.Lee being like that to me. I though she was always kind. Maybe..If I didn’t say that to her and her husband, she wouldn’t hate me. That’s what I though and that’s when I decide, not to tell or bother about my vision anymore. Not even to my father. In fact, that was my first and last time..Telling someone about the vision that I saw in my mind.

That’s what I thought..

Or was it really..Just a normal vision?

My 7 years old self was confuse..

After I that happened, suddenly, the vision are rarely on mind.

As I it was turn off.

I thought it was over. That thing is over.

Until….

 

14 YEARS LATER….

=Baekhyun’s POV=

I was sitting on the sofa while eating some fried chicken with my father at night, while watching soccer on tv. I look at both teams and smirks a bit “Appa, I bet that ___[Any soccer team name] will win this time. The bet is 10,000 won. Okey?” My father smack me on the head “Ouch! Appa! What was that for?! Aish! I glare at him.”

“This kid. Get some work instead of gambling. Tsk, tsk, tsk!” he said while keep slapping my arms. “Appa! Stop!” I yelled. He stops and shakes his. “Tch…Appa, you know that I am good at making prediction right? Just like that octopus..What was his name again..P..Po..Paul?” I try to remember the octopus name which was well known as octopus that can predict which teams win and always get it right.

My father look at me and smile sarcasm “ My son…At least you need to be more handsome than the octopus if you want to be like him.” What?! Octopus! Hah! “What does that mean?! I am handsome! Handsomer than you! All the girls are into me when I was in high school you know! ”

My father slaps my arms again “Then how come that Taeyeon girl rejected you?You even went home crying.” he take a bite of the chicken while continue watching the soccer game. “Appa..Past is past..Beside, girl has their own taste you know.”

“What was Taeyeon taste in men then?” my father ask while his eyes focus on tv. “How would I know?! Aish! Whatever! Just watch the game.”

“I am watching.” My father replied.

 

Actually…I don’t even want to remember how I got rejected..

3 years ago….

I was on the rooftop, standing there nervously while waiting for someone to come. “Noona, I like you. No, no.” I even practice my line before she came. After 5 minutes, someone came and it was Taeyeon noona who I admire and fall In love with. She is beautiful..Kind…She approached to me. Hah~ The way she walks was beautiful too. “Baekhyun-ah~ Why did ask me to come here? Did you need something from me?” she asked me with her sweet and soft voice of hers.

 

“Noona..” I play with my finger and look down, being shy. “Hmmm? What is it baekhyun- ah~”

 

“I like you noona!” I blushed as I finally want to said too Taeyoen noona but..All I heard is silent. I look at her and she looked at me with surprised expression and she went speechless.

 

“Noona?” I called her. Taeyeon noona then started to talk and sighed. “I..Im sorry baekhyun-ah..”

 

I.Was.Rejected. “Noona..You can give your answer to me later!”

 

“No!” she immideatly reply “I..I just see you as my dongsaeng..” Dongsaeng huh..Tch..I know I am young but.. “And beside..I had someone I like already and..We were planning to go on a date already.” I take a deep breath and try to act cool “Well..I..Im okey noona. As long as you’re happy.” Yeah right baekhyun while you’re the only who is hurt here. “Really?!” Noona sighs in relief “Thank goodness. So..Brothers and sisters?” she offers me a handshake. I don’t really want to but…I accept it anyways. “ So nonna, who are you going out with?”

“Its…Par…C..Ye..”

 

“What was his name again?” I mumbled. I shake my head and get back to my sense. Well, that doesn’t matter anymore. It’s the past.

 

“Baekhyun-ah, did you get any email from any company about your result of interview.” My father asked and I sighs. “No…For now.”

 

“Aish..What am I going to do with you?” he frowns.

 

  1. don’t worry! It’ll be fine!” I said.

 

“How can I not worry about my jobless son? What are you going to do when I die? I cant even die peacefully!” I frown. I really hate it when he always said about dying.

 

“Appa! I already told you not to say that! Tch!” I look at him, while he still focus watching the tv. I sigh and smile a bit. I sit closely beside him. “ Appa!” My father raise his eyebrow “ What is wrong with you now?”

 

“Appa, don’t leave me okey?! Ill be bored and lonely if you leave me! Arraseo?! And don’t say about dying! If you’re dying, I did rather die first.” His hand suddenly hit my head. “Ouch! Aish! What is it again this time?!”

“I did rather hear you say that you pass your interview rather than dying.” I chuckle. “Fine, in one condition! You too must not talk about dying. Get it appa?”

 

My father let out a small chuckles and ruffles my hair like a kid “Aigoo..Fine, fine. Lets just focus on watching the game okey.”

 

I smile. Before a few minutes the game ends, the ___ wins! “ YEEEAHHHH! I TOLD YOU APPA! THAT TEAM WILL WIN!” We both cheers and hugs each other like a buddy after seeing the team won the soccer game.

 

 

While in the mean time….

The guy with a long finger immideatly turn off the tv after the soccer games end, only seeing his soccer team that he likes lose.

 

“Aish jinjja..I really though they can win. How come they lose this time?! Tch.” He frowns in disappointment.

 

Suddenly his phone ringing and he look at the phone screen.

Caller ID: Old Man

 

“What does he want again?!” he picks up his phone.

 

“Wae?? Im at my home wae? Eh? Right now. Hey old m..I mean..Chairman..Its late at night, what do you mean you want to meet right now?! Are you crazy?....What? Ani—Aish arraseo! Ill go there right now so don’t deactive my credit card. Arraseo!” he hangs up. He frowns, feeling annoyed by his father.

 

He gets up and change into a formal clothes and leaves the house. He gets into his expensive sport card and starts the engine before he can drive. He then turn on the radio and raise the volume to max. He starts to drive his car while humming to the song.

 

Park Chanyeol, 21 years old. He was a son of a Chairman who owns a big and a successful company and he became a CEO when he was just 18 years old. Personality? A brat and a jerk. Also, he got a lot of women in his hand that he had pick up in the club mostly.

 

-K COMPANY, THE CHAIRMAN OFFICE-

Chanyeol knock the door and come in after he heard his father respond. “What is it do you want to talk about chairman?” he take his sit on the sofa. He then notice two people in front of him.

 

There is an old man and a beautiful young woman beside him. Chanyeol scoff and he knew whats his father planning. “Not again.” He mumbles. He let out a fake smile and offer a handshakes to the old man. “Hello, I am Park Chanyeol. Nice to meet.” The old man smile “Nae, I heard a lot about you from your father. You are more handsome than I thought you would be.” The old man accepts Chanyeol’s handshake.

 

“Aniyo..” he fake laughs. He looks at the young woman beside him from bottom to the top. “And this is..”

“Ah, let me introduce you to my daughter. Her name was Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon-ah, this Park Chan—“ before the old man can finish his word, the daughter reply “Appa, I know who he is.” Mwo? He knows me? When? Where? How? “ Really? How?”

 

“We went to the same high school.” She replied “Really? That’s good. Well, you guys can get along easily then.” Well, his father sounds happy. Tch, I have no intention to get married to your daughter. Wait..Same high school? he thought “Same high school? Sorry but..Are we in the same grade?”

 

The young woman smile “Yes we are Mr.Park. I have seen you before around the school.”

=Chanyeol’s POV=

I just nod “Ah, really?”

 

The woman look at me “ How about you? Mr.Park?”

 

Well sorry, I don’t even remember any women that I date during high school year. “Well..I guess. Well, my memories is a bit..You know..”

 

“It’s okey. Its normal.” She smiles.

 

The chairman came into the office. Great, you just come now? I stand up “ Father, where have you been?” As usual, the acting of father and son moment “Oh son, sorry I was busy with other work just now.” Yeah right, you just try to set me up with this girl while introducing myself with so called my soon to be father in law.

The old man take his side beside me, “Sorry for being late. Ah, this must be your daughter. She is so beautiful.”

 

“Hello father.” The young woman starts to talk. Mwo? F..Father?! Woah, woah..Dont cross the line girl, is not even confirmed yet.

 

I can see on my father face he was happy. Hah.

-THE NEXT DAY-

=Baekhyun’s POV=

“Son.” Who is that? The young woman starts to approach me but I cant see her face clearly. “Who..Are you..?” I can see his mouth form a sweet smile, and I feel as I recognize the smile before but I cant remember. The woman hand caress my head gently. Its been a while that I have felt like this before. When was the last time I feel like this? “Son, Im glad that you grown up well. I love you son.”

I heard the alarm clock ringing loudly and I slowly open my eyes. What was that dream? Its..Strange..I turn off the alarm and get down from the bed. I can smell a delicious smell come from the kitchen.

 

I get out from the bedroom and walk to the kitchen. I smile and see my father cooking. “Good morning appa.” My father turn around “Good morning son. Take a sit. The breakfast is almost ready.”

 

 

“Appa, let me help you prepare the table.” I take the spoon and the chopsticks.

“Thank you son.” He smiles.

 

After the table was prepared, my father serve the food on the table. We both take our sit. “Thanks for the food.” I grab my spoon and taste the stew. “Its good as expected. Appa, you are a great cook!”

 

“You always said that. I get tired of it.” My father take a bite of his favorite food.

“Btw appa…” put my spoon on the table and take my chopsticks.

“Hmmm?” Aish…That old man..Did he really love me more than the meat?

“I…I dream of a woman.”

 

“Woman?” he stops before he can take a bite of his meat. I nod.

“You got a wet dream?! With who?” he laughs as if he was proud. “My son is really a grown up man.”

 

“Appa! Anni!” Aish, I already got my wet dream a long time ago.

“Then what?” he chew the meat in his mouth.

I look at him feeling annoyed seeing him concentrated eating meat in his mouth.

  1. Nevermind!” Aish, whatever! He wont take it seriously anyway.

 

 

-K COMPANY, CEO’s OFFICE-

=Chanyeol POV’S=

I was relaxing, enjoying myself with music and a cup of coffee. I turn on my my computer as usual just like how I turn on my girls, kidding.

 

I open some of the files and documents, starting to do my work. Suddenly someone knock my door. “Come in.” I respond. That person get in. It was my secretary. It’s a guy by the way since my father don’t want to impregnant ‘someone’. So maybe he thinks that even if I a guy they wont get preg- Wait, my is strongful that can even make guy pregnant. Heh! Anyway…

 

“Mr.Kim, today is the interview for the candidate.” He said.

 

Right, I just remember, today is the interview job for our company. I almost forgot. I nod. “Okey. Ill be at the interview office right away. You go ahead first.”

 

He bows and leave my office.

I sigh. “Really? Why now?” I get up and wear my coat. I then leave my office, going to the interview office.

 

 

 

-Company K, INTERVIEW OFFICE-

The person immidieatly write a big X on one of the candidates profile. “NEXT!” he called the next candidate after the other candidate leave, feeling disappointed and upset at the same time since he fail the interview.

 

The other interview look at the guy who wear glasses x’ing the candidate’s profile. “Aigoo. He is strict as usual.” He mumbles and shake his head.

 

“Where is Mr.Kim?” The man with glasses asked.

 

“Uhhmm. He is on his way sir.” The interviewer replied.

 

“A CEO who thinks he have the right to do anything, even being late.”he said.

 

The other interviewers just being silent and become speechless.

The door was suddenly open and it was the CEO. “Sorry for being late. Did you all wait long?”

 

“Ani Mr.Kim, we just getting star—“ and suddenly cut off the the words “We already been through 10 candidates Mr.Kim.” the man with glasses said with expressionless face.

 

The CEO scoff silently, and he take his sit.

 

Meanwhile…

=Baekhyun’s POV=

“Baekhyun-ah, this time you need to do well in your interview! If not Ill seriously wont die in peace!” Wow appa, good advice you gave me there.

“Appa! I told you not to—“

 

“Arraseo! Arraseo! Just go to the interview before its to late.” my father helps me to tie up my neck tie and after that I take my bag and wear the new leather shoes that my dad bought me for my birthday.

 

“Im going!” before I could leave my father grab my hand. “What again appa?”

 

“Son…” He put something on my hand and it was money. “Appa, Its okey, I—“

 

“Just take the cab so itll be more convenient for you.”

 

I sigh “Alright, alright! Im go—“ My father suddenly pull me into a hug.

 

“A..Appa?” Whats with him today?

 

He pats my back gently “Do well son, and always know that I always support and love you no matter what. Okey?”

 

“Whats wrong with you today appa?” I raised my eyebrow. He was never like this before my interview, except when I was going to far away vacation.

 

 

 

 

 

-Company K building-

=Baekhyun’s POV=

Finally Byun Baekhyun, today is the day, you need to do your best of your best! So you can a stable salary, life, family, and buying me and my dad..A good house. I smile and take a deep breath to gain my confidence and stay calm.

 

I get inside the company and as expected there are so many candidates. Most of their formal clothes look kinda..Expensive. Well, that doesn’t matter, as long as I do my best.

 

After 2 hours of waiting, its finally my turn. I get inside the room taking my deep breath again before I get in. As I finally get in, and stand infront of the interviewers and give them a respectful bow. “Good eveing, let me introduce myself, I am Byun Baekhyun and I am 21 years old.”

 

I finally see the all of the interview face—Wait..I look at the person who was beside the glasses guy. He seems familiar..Where did I see him..—Aniya, baek, this no time for you to remember who he is, for now focus on your interview!

 

 

Chayeol’s POV

I look at the guy who we interview right now and he seems to be looking at me too. Its like I have seen him before..Byun Baekhyun..Byun..AH! That guy!

 

 

=Baekhyun’s POV=

 

During the interview everything was going well, it seems like the interviewer is satisfied with my answer, good job Byun Baekhyun! Except for one thing..WHY IS THAT GUY KEEP LOOKING AT ME WEIRDLY?!

 

“Okey Mr.Byun, we will call or message you if you pass this interview or not. You may go now.”

 

I get up and bow. “Thank you.” And FINALLY I CAN TAKE MY LEAVE FROM THIS SUFFOCATTING ROOM!

 

 

Chanyeol’s POV

A smirk starts to form on my face and I turn to look at that mr.vice prez guy beside me. “Hire him.”

 

He look at me with his usual expressionless face, “Mr.Kim, we just interviewed him like a minutes ago, we can make our discussion later.”

 

And one of them also seem to agree with. Tch, Im the CEO here not him. “Beside Mr.Kim, we know that he made an excellent job in this interview but maybe we can find a better candidate than him.” One of them said.

 

“Whatever it is, just hire him. Send him message, that he has pass.”

 

“MR.KIM!” The glasses guy yelled, but I don’t care.

 

“RIGHT NOW!” I order other interviewer to do it and they obey my word. I then glare and the glasses guy who is also glaring at me.

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun’s POVS

I decide to talk the bus instead of a taxi to go home since its save more money. I get into the bus after the bus arrived. Thankfully, there is an empty sit at the back. I take my sit and sigh in relief since the interview is finally over. All I need to do now is wait for the result— I take out my phone since I heard a notification tone. It was message from an unknown number. I open the message it was…

 

 

“Congratulations sir! You just passed the interview! Come to the office next week on Monday.”

 

My eyes was wide in surprised. “YAYYYY!!!” Everybody in the bus are looking at me as if I was crazy. Well, I don’t care. As long as I pass the interview after all this time, and father will really happy. Cant wait until I got home.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-The Byun’s apartment-

I finally arrived home! I unlock the door as fast as I can to tell father about me passing my interview! The door finally open and I quickly go inside. “Appa! Appa! Ap—“ I look around..It was a mess, as if I was there’s a burglary happened in my house. “Appa?” I keep walking to the kitchen..And saw..Many blood in the floor…And my eyes..Finally..Look at my father..

 

On the floor.

 

With his eyes open.

 

Blood all over his body, head..

 

No sign of breathing..

 

And..This is where..I thought..My world stops.

.